Chapter VII – That One Agony

Beneath The Tale Of Gemstone

Chapter VII – That One Agony

Before Sooyoung has the chance to speak to Taeyeon, Taeyeon swiftly moves towards the bot at its exact 8 o’clock.

 

Just as Sooyoung predicted, the bot couldn’t sense Taeyeon running toward it. Taeyeon added some speed to her leg and charges towards the bot once again. A loud ‘TANG’ sound can be heard through the room and the communicating room.

 

Taeyeon falls onto her knees and Yuri leans down on the wall as sweat drenched all over them. Blood can be seen on their minor injuries but it’s not that serious until they need to go to the hospital.

 

“Thanks, Soo. We owe you.” Taeyeon speaks through the microphone.

 

“Never thought you can analyze things so fast.” Yuri speaks later.

 

Taeyeon falls back and sits down on the floor, both hands lifted to her knees, panting.

 

“As long as you two are fine.” Sooyoung replies through the device. Sooyoung wasn’t feeling any better than them. Upon helping them and cheering for them mentally, sweat beads are trailing from her forehead. She then switches off the device knowing all of them need some rest.

 

Sehun grabs the microphone that speaks through the whole room and says, “Noona, good job. When you rest enough, you can go and visit Seohyun noona, alright?”

 

The girls simply gave him an ‘okay’ sign as a reply before he turns the thing off.

 

“Hyung, my work here is done. I can leave, right?” Sehun turns to Eron and asked. Eron gave him a nod simply saying that he doesn’t want to leave yet. Sehun gives him a bow and left the room.

 

Eron had been observing Sooyoung behind this room all this while without her notice. It was lucky though.

 

She didn’t create the bot yet she managed to find out where the weak spot is.

 

“Sooyoung, may I talk to you for a while? You can sit on Sehun’s chair.” Sooyoung has no chance to argue with Eron about not sitting on the chair because she is his junior but she has less energy to do so now. She climbs up to the chair and sits on it, waiting for Eron to speak up.

 

“It’s quite amazed how you can look through the bot and find out its weakness. Do you perhaps have the knowledge of human bodies or technologies or something?” Eron asked her with his arms tuck into the pocket of his pants, leaning on the wall.

 

“I don’t know. It just came to me when I saw them suffer.” Sooyoung rubs her face to make her feel better.

 

Interesting. Eron thought to himself.

 

“Will it be weird if I ask you to work in the weapon department? It may sounds like you’re working away from them, but you’re not. You may have a different ability from them which you can look through people weak spots. Taeyeon’s ability is her swiftness and strength while Yuri can handle weapons, especially daggers really well. But that’s not important. With your ability, it will make it easier for you to create weapons which are designed to be more improved and weak-spot-centers.” Eron explains to her. She looks at Eron for a while while thinking about if she should really do that.

 

Eron notices Sooyoung’s hesitation on his offer so he stands up, “Take your time to think, Soo. You don’t necessarily need to accept that offer, it was just my suggestion.” After saying that, he leaves the room.

 

Hmm… Should I? Sooyoung thought to herself. I’ll think of it later.

 

“Soo, are you coming?” Taeyeon snaps her out from her thought.

 

“Sure.” Sooyoung snapped out and answers Taeyeon. She grabs her jacket on the table and heads to where Taeyeon and Yuri are.

 

“What do you think they talked about just now?” Yuri asked Taeyeon when they were still on the battle field. Sooyoung and Eron’s actions are all visible to them just now and it ignites Yuri curiosity.

 

“It’s weird how you’d care.” Taeyeon expressionlessly answers.

 

“Fine, I’ll just ask her myself.” Yuri sticks her tongue out like a kid sticks her tongue out when her mother bought a lollipop that her father was reluctant to buy.

 

“Sooyoung is way more mature than you.” Taeyeon shot Yuri with that sentence.

 

“We’re like 2 months apart only, how mature do you think I can get?”

 

“Whatever, Yul. By the way, she asked me about you and Yoona. You should really update her about your things.” Taeyeon said.

 

“I will do it someday. She never asked it directly to me anyway.” Yuri says in a monotone.

 

“Suit yourself. Your life, your decision.” Taeyeon says and they are now heading to Seohyun’s place to clean up their wound. When they reached there, they saw Sooyoung was already chatting with the other tall figure, Seohyun, the head doctor under Eron.

 

“Hey.” Taeyeon calls out to get their attention.

 

“Oh, Taeyeon unnie, Yuri unnie, hi.” Seohyun bows to them.

 

“Seo, you know that we’re close so you can just cut out the formality. No more bowing like I always say.” Taeyeon pushes Seohyun up by her shoulder.

 

“That’s much better.” Yuri says with a smile and Seohyun smiles back.

 

“Hi, you two. Glad you guys made it back safe.” Sooyoung says in relief when she stepped into their conversation.

 

“We wouldn’t make it if it wasn’t for you, Soo. You did a great job.” Taeyeon pats Sooyoung’s shoulder. Sooyoung just smiles as her reply.

 

“Oh, so you guys met Sooyoung unnie already.” Seohyun exclaims.

 

“Yeah, she’s part of our team now.” Yuri says. Upon hearing what Yuri says, the smile on Sooyoung face didn’t fade away. It was nice listening to the acceptance of the team.

 

“Oh… Sit on anywhere you want, unnies. I’ll clean your wound up.” Seohyun takes her first aid kit from her shelf and took out the cotton, alcohol, iodine and some bandages.

 

---

 

“Are you two alright?” Sooyoung asked as she serves the food on their dining table back in their apartment.

 

“We’re fine, Soo. Thanks for taking care of us.” Taeyeon smiles at her, “It’s been quite a while ever since someone took care of us in the apartment, right, Yul?”

 

“Yeah.” Yuri says before stuffing the cooked food.

 

“What happened?” Sooyoung curiously asked after serving everything and sits on the table, eating with them.

 

“I pulled pranks on them and they complained to Eron. So here we are without assistants.”

 

“Ah…”

 

After they had their dinner, Taeyeon volunteered herself to do the dishes while the two younger one cleans up the table. After cleaning everything up, they all went to sit on their living room couch.

 

“I’m full…” Yuri exclaims, “Thanks, Soo.”

 

Sooyoung sitting on the other end of the couch replied a ‘You’re welcome’ to her.

 

Yuri was back to her looking at the ceiling position before remembering something.

 

“Oh yeah, Soo, Tae told me you have a question in your mind about me.” She looks at Sooyoung. Sooyoung doesn’t remember anything about asking Yuri things so she gave her a curious expression, trying to get from Yuri what she’s talking about. Her eyes were looking at everywhere trying to seek for the answer.

 

“Oh, you mean the question I asked Taeyeon days ago?”

 

“Yeah. Now, spill it out.”

 

“Actually, it wasn’t a big question. It’s just a curiosity.” Sooyoung explains, saying that she doesn’t want to infiltrate Yuri’s privacy.

 

“Just ask.”

 

“Alright then.” Sooyoung takes a deep breath before asking, “Taeyeon told me you and this girl have some kind of push and pull relationship. She also told me you didn’t make a move even though you knew she was the right one. Why?”

 

Taeyeon looks at the two people conversing. She finds no reason to join their conversation.

 

“Well, the thing is I scare I couldn’t protect her.” Yuri fiddles with her fingers while telling the story.

 

“You mean what happened to you two in the past?” Sooyoung’s sentence caught both of their attention. Taeyeon who had no interest in talking is now paying full attention while Yuri who was fiddling with her fingers is now looking at the youngest one.

 

“Wait, how do you know about that?” Yuri asked her.

 

“Sehun told me when I was at the communicating room.” Upon hearing what Sooyoung said, both of them sighs. It wasn’t pleasant hearing that incident which they want to forget again.

 

“Oh... Yeah, it’s about that.” Yuri finally gave her the answer.

 

Sooyoung knew better than anyone in this room that she shouldn’t keep talking so she stopped. Taeyeon is now back to her own world, not interested in talking.

 

What if what Yuri said is right? What if just like she couldn't sure that she can protect Yoona, I couldn’t protect Tiffany?

 


 

Hi, fellow readers :) Here's another chapter, hope you guys enjoyed it ^^

Do leave a comment :D