Rabbit and the Wolf

A could-be fairytale

I finally made it back home from the hospital to a home that had muddy paws marks all over the floor, going from the front door to my bedroom. I blinked and took my shoes off mumbling to myself and continueing to step inside, "..Sehun." A shuffling noise came from bedroom that sounded like dog claws on hardfloor. I stopped and remembered Sehun becoming that thing and running off. I continued into my room to it being covered in a thin layer of mud and fur and I tilted my head around, seeing a fuzzy object in the opposite corner of the room, shaking. I stepped closer and it's ears shot back and it turned it's head slowly, making it's way to stand up also. I took a breath in, "Why did you come in here?" The thing stood up fully, being almost bigger than my bed and having pale green eyes. I looked into it's eyes and it averted them away, walking to the distant side of me, and lowering it's head. I clenched my jaw and huffed, "Sehun." It's ears perked up and it raised it's head slightly, flicking it's tail. I moved out of the way of the bedroom door, and walked to the front door, opening it, "Go." The creature glanced at the open door, back at my desk, then made it's way out slowly, into the empty town. He looked back at me, with his ears perked up, and he whimpered softly before trotting the opposite way, and I closed the door.

Later in the day, I walked back into town to the market I went to with Sehun. I went to a stand with an old woman selling beads and she stood up when I approached, "Aha, hello young lady." I smiled and bowed slightly, "Hello~" I looked at the different beads and jewelry for a bit and began to leave when she stopped me, "Wait a moment." I  blinked and stepped back, "Eh?" She opened a rather old looking box, with a single necklace with a single, large bead on it that had two different colors merging into eachother, she took it out and motioned me to come closer, "Here you are, Rabbit." I smiled slightly and leaned foward, letting her put the necklace on my neck, "R-Rabbit?" She smiled and nodded, "Mhm. You seem to have some trouble with boys right now.." I lifted an eyebrow, "How did you--" She continued, interuptting me, "One's a lion, usurp a disproportional amount of resources with their extravagant lifestyles, and because of their voracious appetites they can tear a lot up, but a complete soft coward. One's a wolf, quick to anger when they sense threats to the social order and always misunderstood, but can't hide his thoughts." I began taking it off when she put her hand up, "No no, keep it on. It should keep you safe from one of their anger." I nodded and smiled again, "A-ah. Okay, thank you." I bowed and walked off, Lion and the wolf? It fits Chanyeol and Sehun..but what did she mean by 'one of their anger'? 

That night I woke up to the same howling close by, and I launched myself out of bed, and threw on my jacket and sprinted up the hill, making it to the tree and I stopped. Sehun sat on the tree, leaning back, "Aha, there you are. I knew you would come like you wanted to the night not too long ago at the hospital." I opened my mouth to say something but shut it again, letting him continue as he stood up, "Did you miss me or something?" "No." I bluntly said and he sarcastically acted like he was shot, "Aww, too harsh. Since you know the real me, I mind as well, be the real me." "I've known the real you, so I don't quite understand why you were fake with me." He smirked, letting his fangs show, "Well, I didn't know I was going to show you the real me. I thought you were going to be like a lot of the other girls that fell in love with the wolf." I shook my head, "Love is sort of a hard word to come by nowadays for me." He nodded slightly, "It is for me too, not because I kill the ones I 'love', but rather they didn't really love me. But, with you, I feel something." I stepped back, "I only came here to tell you to stop howling. I can just forget--" He stepped foward, "Forget? You tried forgetting a lot of things, haven't you? How did that work out?" I bit my lip, "Like I said, I only came here to tell you to shut up. Not to have a complete conversation about my past." He raised his finger and put it on my lips, "I need to shut up? Ha. More like Chanyeol needs to. Tell him to shut his digusting trap then I'll shut mine." I pulled from his finger, "What do you mean? He's talking about you now?" Sehun growled slightly, "He's been. Saying I killed you, that's why you haven't gone to school and--" He looked at the place he bit me, "You know...when a wolf bites you...it could mean more than just what people think it means..." I put it behind my back and he averted his eyes to mine, stepping foward quickly and meeting his lips with mine. He backed away, holding onto my hand, "Just come with me, and be safe. He won't hurt you anymore.." I took my hand from his and kept walking back, "I can't trust anyone that much anymore." He starting stepping after me, "But you'll be safe with me, I'll keep you warm..." He stopped suddenly where the forest ended and the sidewalk began again, "So, Rabbit, please stop walking the other way...It's cold in your house though, just stay here with me..." I blinked, "What did you call me?" His eyes glew in the darked sky and he smirked again, "Rabbit." He walked back and disappeared like that, back into the forest.

I walked slowly back home, looking behind my shoulder so that he wasn't following, running into my house and slamming the door. Sitting against the door, the phone suddenly rang and I got up answering it; "Hello?" Chanyeol responded, "Hi." "Why are you calling me this late again?--" "Did you see Sehun tonight?" I looked around, "Ye- Maybe..Why?" I heard him talking to someone else and a snapping noise, "No reason. Where did you see him?" "Have you been talking about him?" I brought what he mentioned back up and Chanyeol huffed, "To some people, but he's a monster, remember? He doesn't have feelings like humans do. Or the power...Now, where is he?" I clenched my jaw, "I don't know." "You saw him, I know you did. Stop lying. Is he with you?" "No, he was in the city when I was at the market then he left." "In the city? What is he-- Alright. See you later." "I got a new window and door lock. It's useless to keep coming in here. But anyways, good night." I quickly hung up before he finished his sentence and I went into my bedroom, and opened the window, having a short cold breeze blow in, Why does he want to know where Sehun is?..And what was that clicking noise? I shrugged and closed the window after putting the new lock on, and locking it. Sliding into bed I rolled, and stared at the top of the trees and the park as they moved slightly in the wind. 

I opened my eyes and I was in a forest, it was night and the moon was really bright, I could easily see everything. I lifted my head and scratched my head and felt something soft where my ears would be. I felt up and bent it towards my face, Rabbit ears?, I stood up and something above my wiggled. I looked back and it was a rabbit tail. I blinked and raised an eyebrow, What is going on?, I looked at an opening in the trees and I walked out, into an open meadow and saw a stream. I jogged over to the stream and looked at my reflection and rubbed my eyes, I guess I do have ears...and a tail. I heard the sway of grass above me and I looked up, meeting eyes with a large dark creature, Rabbit, don't keep looking the other way., I blinked and titled my head, What?, a shot rang from behind me, at the other creature's paws. I turned my head and the individual stood in the light of the moon with something shiny in his hands, he motioned me to come to him and I stood up from the stream. I felt a tug at my hand and it was the other creature, I couldn't see his face anymore, and the person walked up to me, tugging at my other hand.

I woke up with a jump and in a cold sweat.