The Lion or The Wolf

A could-be fairytale
"The lion's outside of your door
The wolf's in your bed
The lion's claws are sharpened for war
The wolf's teeth are red

And what a monstrous sight he makes,
Mocking man's best friend
When both the wolf and lion crave 
The same thing in the end"
_________________________________

I closed my phone after reading those words and closed my eyes, attempting to go back to sleep. I tried remembering my dream and bit my lip, Why are my dreams so weird? I've had that same dream since the week I met Sehun..I sat up and looked at the time. I rolled my eyes and got up out of bed, blinking some tears out I wiped my eyes, Was I..crying? What.., I shook my head and got up and got changed and went out to begin breakfast. I looked in the fridge and saw nothing other than an apple and a water bottle, I shrugged and took it out. I closed the door and stopped when there was suddenly grocery bags on the breakfast bar, I looked around and walked to the other side and saw noone, only a note. I set the water and apple down and I picked up the note, opening it slowly it read; 'Morning there. I need to talk to you later tonight, alright? Meet me at the same tree. -Sehun' I blinked and looked at the groceries, When did he suddenly become the richest person ever? I giggled at myself a peeked into the first bag and saw fresh foods and smiled jumping slightly, Morning to you too~. After breakfast I heard a knocking outside on the door, peeking through the peephole Chanyeol stood, looking almost impatient. I opened the door slowly and he swung it open, letting himself inside, "What are you doing later?.." He noticed the grocery bags and points to them with a face that became colder, "...When did you get these?" I stepped foward and closed the door, "I found some money under my bed.." He looked at me, "So you're saying you found almost...100 something under your bed?" I bit my lip, "Well, some of it I was saving from selling the dresses you made me wear." He lifted an eyebrow and huffed, "I saw them in your closet already, don't use that on me...Did..Sehun buy these?.." My breath silenced, "Well, no he--" He stepped above me and grabbed my wrist, "You're lying again. I hope you know you're a horrible liar, to me at least." I took my wrist from his hand and went away from him, "You're a bad cover-upper." He tilted his head and let out a chuckle, "Cover-upper? Oh really? And what exactly am I covering up?" I crossed my arms, "How you're going to do something to Sehun." He smirked and stepping behind me, "And who told you that?" I moved my head away from his, "I found it out myself. You're both acting weird, and you both said you aren't going to be home at all later tonight." He wrapped his arms around me, eyeing me, "You're quick." I tried to nudge away but he held on tightly, "And you're going to be there, you know that?" He put his face in the crook of my neck. I blinked and froze, not knowing what to do, "W-why am I? This is between you two.." He smiled into my neck, "Us two? But you don't know who it's about, right?" He spun me around, and my face was in his chest, and he put his chin on my head, "You know the main plot, but not the major details.." I pushed my way out and tripped against the booth as he stepped above me again, looking into my eyes, "You're fragile, of course he would want you as his next victim. Sadly, he can't have something I have." He eyed me up again and crossed my arms and legs, "He told me what he did in the past already, Chanyeol. Just go home, and stop talking about him." He slammed his arms onto my shoulders and brought his face closer to mine, "I'm going to keep talking about him, since I need to. Pisses him off. That's why I'm all over you, yet again I've always been." I pushed him away with as much as I could, "Just shut up!" He smirked and tilted his head, "I pissed you off too? Aha. You think I don't seriously love you?" I dropped my head and dropped to the ground, onto my knees, "You don't love anybody, Chanyeol. You just think you can get whatever you want, so just stop. Leave me alone.." He bent down and lifted up my head, but I pulled away, he grabbed my head back and pushed me onto the ground, "Leave you alone? I can't do that. Not now, not ever. I love you." I rolled my eyes and sat up, our faces being in the others, "Don't say that word. It's stupid, and useless, like the actual word. Stop lying to yourself." He looked at my lips and back at my eyes, putting his hands on mine against the ground, "I'm not lying to myself or you. Why can't you accept it?" I moved my head slightly away from his, "Because! It's not true! Now g--!!" He silenced my yelling with a strong kiss.

 

That afternoon, I forced myself out of the house and just to walk around. I walked through the maze of a neighborhood and found an old hiking trail. I looked down both roads then walked straight into the trail, attempting to clear my mind with the silent wind and muffled birds. Half-way down the trail, I felt someone beside me and I jumped and landed on my , taking my one of my headphones out and looking up at the silent stalker. He laughed and leaned above me, "Aha! You're a good singer~" Sehun chuckled as he held his warm hand out, after helping me up, he was about to let go and I held onto it. He lifted an eyebrow, "You alright?" I took my other headphone and tucked them away, taking his other hand, "..You're warm." He smiled, "Apparently." I nodded and continued on, with him beside me, holding both his hands. He spoke up in the short silence, "But you are a good singer. No wonder I like you." I choked, "You shouldn't like me. You can like my singing, but not me." He titled his head towards me, "What if I like...both your singing, and you?" I shook my head and looked up at him, "Only one, which is my singing." He huffed and chuckled, "Ahh..I picked the wrong one?" I shrugged, "I guess you did." He smiled and looked foward and we continued down the trail we found an open area with a stone fence and decided to sit down. I leaned my head back and he did too, turning it to look at me, "So, is there like a rule against liking you?" I nodded slowly, " Yup, I made it up." He looked foward at the sky, "I thought Chanyeol would've. He gave me a list that time in the courtyard of rules you have." I turned my head, looking at him, "A list?.." I let out a sigh, "He's an idiot. He's also stupid, and annoying. Sometimes to the point where I want to punch him, but I think about it and yet again I'm like a mouse and he's like a muscular giraffe." Sehun bursted out, "I could see that!" We laughed and I nodded, "Mhm, but he sometimes, needs to know when to stop trampling around." Sehun sat up and looked at me, "What do you mean?" I held the tears back as they randomly sprouted up, "I don't know, he knows he's stronger than me. I don't know why he doesn't know how to contain it yet. How he thinks he can kiss me whenever he wants. How he pushes me around and expects me to like him back." Sehun looked down and then back at the sun still slightly in the sky, "He kissed you earlier I'm guessing?.." I sat up too and lifted an eyebrow, "Y-yeah. I didn't want him to, but of course he did. I mean, I like suprise kisses but--" Sehun's face was suddenly in mine and our lips were touching softly.

Night came around.

I wasn't ready for anything, I knew they were fighting, but I didn't know they were taking the whole thing this seriously.

Life or death was on the line.

One lived, the other perished.

I sat up in my bed and looked outside at the moon, and jumped when a knock came at my front door. I shuffled my way to it, turned the porch light on and looked out the peek hole, it was two large guys, with Chanyeol standing on the sidewalk. I opened it, and Chanyeol smirked, "You ready?"

The thing is, I wasn't. I didn't want anyone to die, this suddenly. It's stupid.

They're both stupid.

I looked out the car window and the door opened, the driver stood outside holding the door. I walked out and bowed at the driver, before making my way up the trail I always went up, even before I met Sehun. As I walked up, Chanyeol's guys were standing in a circle around the open area with the tree in the middle. Sehun leaned against it and smirked when he saw me walk up, he already had his ears and tail out. He slyly made his way over to me, smiling, "They already pissed me off, can you believe it?" He sarcastically smiled at the others around us. I nodded, "Of course they would..But, try not to hurt me again?" I covered the scars with my hand and he perked his ears at it, then put them back down, faintly whimpering, "Ah, yes. I'm still sorry..." I put my hand on his head and his ears shot up again, "It's okay--" Two guys grabbed my arms and Sehun growled, and he was pulled back by four guys. I looked around and saw one of the guys hiding in the bushes with a camera, Chanyeol walked beside the recorder and smiled before walking back into the open area, Why is he recording this?...Does he want to get caught-- I titled foward slightly, He wants Sehun to be caught killing him?! I shook my head and Sehun was continued to be pulled to the other side, the two guys pulling me away attempted to shove me into the car and I yelled out, "Sehun!" Sehun's ears perked up and he threw the guys off like nothing and looked straight at me and I continued, "Don't kill him! He wants you to!!--" Chanyeol put a cloth on my mouth and everything out.

I began dreaming everything, as if I was there.

Chanyeol stepped from behind me and let me fall against the cold ground and the guys dragged me into the car. Chanyeol threw the cloth and smiled, "Well. We're here to fight for one thing." He looked at me then back at Sehun, "And it's...to the death." 

It seemed like a blur since that night, as if I didn't even dream of anything. I woke up in my bed, nobody told me anything, I didn't see anyone anymore, as if I imagined the entire thing.

The phone rang suddenly after a year this happened, I continued with my life as if none of it even happened, I made new friends, had basically a new life, but the phone rang. I answered it thinking it was one of my friends, "Hello?~" A chuckle was on the other line, "I see you started over?" I couldn't recognize the voice at all, I responded, "W-what? Who is this?" Another chuckle, "You don't remember me I presume? Well, I remember you..." I huffed, "If this is a prank-caller, I hope you go get--" "I still think you're an amazing singer, and I miss sleeping at the end of your bed..." I paused and heard a knock at my door, "Hana~ I have another dress for you if you'd like.."

I dropped the phone and looked at the door.

What happened that night?