Chapter oo3

Let's Keep it Professional

Hi guys! It's just us again! Oh, and I came back with a new username! We've been trying hard to update but as you know, we're busy so updates will be less frequent but not to the point that we update like...once a month. Keke I would never do that! Maybe ChadsterT-rex would (he already has) but I wouldn't! WELL, without further ado, LET THE CHAPTER BEGIN!

Taemin

 

The flight attedant's voice sounded through the speakers system to announce our arival into Logan International Airport. Since the flight was international, the attendants came around with quarentine cards and personal info slips we had to fill out while we prepared our visas and ready all of the legal documents. I looked around and noticed commotion over the papers.

 "Excuse me miss, do you already have your documentary papers or do you need some for you and you child?" the hostess questioned. The did you call me, ? Well, I'm not surprised she thought I was a girl with my hair being longer and my feminine features. With that said, it happens alot now. But I've gotten used to it now.

 "No thanks, we already have them." I replied politely.

 " Wonderful, if there's anything else you need before we land, please don't hesitate to call any of the crew." she informed me while fakely smiling from ear to ear. I actually feel sorry for some of these flight attendants. She gave a slight nod and proceeded to the other passengers. I looked down to the love of my life, Yoogeun. He was still sleeping. His seat was a bed and he was clutching a stuffed bear given by one of the air hostess. I looked at how his hair fell so perfectly on his eyebrows. His resemblence to Minho. His big brown frog-like eyes. I noticed tears welling in my eyes again. Dammnit why do I still get sad? The thought of him makes me sad, but I've moved on and he was just a whisper of my past now. I'm now a doctor working for a greater cause with my love and my friends right next to me.

 "Ladies and gentlemen, we know you had a choice in your flight, and we thank you for making American Airlines your choice." The pilot spoke in the intercom. I still have this weird feeling going on. Like, I forgot about something important. It keeps on bothering me! Every time, the city of Boston's (where we live now) brought up, the sensation arises in me with intent to kill, giving me a headache.

 "Yoogeun, time to wake up." I spoke while shaking the small fragile body very softly. I looked down and saw the body stirring under my hands.

 "Appa, I'm hungry." Yoogeun stated with a tint of drowsiness still present in his voice. I snickered at this. He always asks for food when he wakes up, just like Minho."We'll get some food when we get to the terminal, okay?" I answered while pressing the button for his seat to rise. I glanced towards Luna and she had all the documents and papers while gazing over at Onew. The chicken freak was sleeping, probably dreaming of some chicken or anything related to that.

 

Luna looked at me and I recognized worry in her eyes, which was soon replaced with happiness. Huh. That's weird. Oh well, it's probably nothing. We both shared a smile. Even though all of us are still a little apprehensive, I'm very excited for my new life ahead of me. I looked out of the window and noticed a city skyline coming into view. The air hostess was coming around for the final check for fastened seat belts and upright chairs and trays. The nice darkness in the plane was the filled with the annoying bright lights that seem to burn my eyes. After a few minutes, the ground finally came into my view and we touched down and headed to the gate.The captain told us the local time was 6:15pm. It was around dinner time. No wonder Yoogeun is so hungry! They barely feed you anything on here! I looked down at Yoogeun.

 "Wow, honey your stomach sure can tell time." I teased, he looked up at me.

 "Is that why appa loves me so much?" he answered, shooting me his radiant smile. Well, actually I love you cuz you're identical to Minho  yes I do.

 "You are so right honey." I spoke while leaning over and kissing his forehead. This kid always made me so happy, you know? We finally arived at our gate. The doors finaly opened and I could stretch my legs for real. I grabbed my bags and my documents and got in the aisle with Luna and Onew. My pabo-of-a- hyung finally woke up at the last minute. Yoogeun grabbed his stuffed animal and joined Luna and I. Wow, it feels so good to actually stand on flat ground...that's not 37,000 feet in the air.

 "Yoogeun, how was your flight?" Luna asked.

 "I'm hungry." He deadpanned. Luna looked at me and we started to laugh.

 "Oh Yoogeun, me and your uncle love you so much!" She said while Onew hoisted him up into his arms.

 " Yoogeun, I think we both think the same." Onew stated, his stomach adding a necessary effect.

 " Oh no, that's not happening. Sorry honey, but I think one of you is enough." Luna said while hading him the papers and taking Yoogeun into her arms. I started laughing idiotically loud, attracting attention from the other passengers. Hey, what're you looking at?  Well, sorry for thinking something was funny! Anyway, sometimes Luna and Onew seemed more like Yoogeun's parents than I do. I mean, atleast he even gets to see them most hours of the day. Which is why I always trusted her and him to take care of him. Also, Yoogeun really liked them.

 We exited the plane and I took in my first breath of fresh air in what seemed like forever. I mean, who thinks it's fun to spend 13 hours at a high elevation in the air on a stuffy plane. We walked into the terminal and it was so big. Endless crowds of people swarming around to baggage claim and boarding a flight. We had to go to the international arrivals entrance. We went through a huge entry and went into many different lines. I stuck with Luna and Onew hyung. I mean they had my kid, so I had no other choice. We finally reached the desk and I saw a person in a security uniform telling us to present our passports, quarintine documents, visa, and some legal documents. We all did as told and were finally off to baggage claim. We headed through the exit and looked at my phone for the text my boss sent me.

 "Ok, so you are looking for a male named Tacyeon, I'm sure you remember him from 2pm. He was the only person I could trust to show you around Boston and take you to your new home. Also he was the only one who I knew of who speaks fluent English and Hangeul, so he will really help."

No way! We're having Taecyeon as our guide? This is too funny. I remember I used to have a crush on him when he was doing "Hands Up". I looked around for a Korean man but nobody jumped out at me. Maybe he's not here yet. But I scaned the crowed of people once more and saw him. He looked up and he smiled at me.

 "Guys over there." I pointed towards the figure walking to us. Luna and Onew smiled as they saw a comrade that was in the same business as them.

 "Hey, Taemin!" He greeted while enveloping me into a hug. I was happy to see an old friend.

 "It's great to see you Taecyeon!" I said excitedly. "I know! I haven't seen you since SHINee days!" He exclaimed happily at me. "So, you're supposed to show us around?" I asked inquisitively. "Well, That is what your boss told me, so I guess so!" he answerd happily. I was trying to sound as calm as I could, but Taecyeon was making that impossible just by doing nothing.

 "Well we'll go to your home for the time you're here." he stated. Wow. We just now got here and we're already busy. I scanned the airport oncemore. So much was different. The language being spoken, the faces, and just about everything else. I was just blown away.

 "Appa, why do the people look so different?" Yoogeun asked. Well I did expect this question, but not so soon.

 "Honey, there is no difference, we are all the same on the inside. Okay?" I kneeled down. I know that sounded extremely corny but I couldn't think of a better response fast enough. I then stood up and started walking.

 "Wow, Taemin, since when did you have a kid?" Tacyeon asked, dumbfounded. Oh here we go again, I forgot no one knew about Yoogeun besides my boss, Onew, Luna, Key, and Jjong.

 "It's a long story, but this is my adopted son Yoogeun." I told him while looking down at Yoogeun."Yoogeun say ji to appas friend, Uncle Taecyeon." I told Yoogeun. But He ran behind my legs. I always knew my kid was shy, so I'm not surprised.

 "Hey Yoogeun, My name is Taecyeon." he said while extending his arm.

 "Hello." Yoogeun said in a low voice tinted with timidity.

 "Yoogeun, honey, say hello." I asked of him. I looked back at Taecyeon.

 "Don't worry about it Taemin, we can get to know each other later." he smiled. Thank god

 "Well, let's get your luggage and get outta here!" He exclaimed while punching the air. I smiled.

-.-

 The car was pretty big, it held all our luggage and the five of us. We headed out of the airport. The skyline immmediately caught my attention. It was so much different from Seoul. "Yoogeun, look out the window." I told him.

 "Wow, appa, it's so different. Oh and appa, I'm really hungry!" Yoogeun whined.

 "Honey, can't you wait just a little bit?" I asked, complaining also.

 "No, don't worry about it, we can get something to eat and get stuff for you guys afterwards." Taecyeon stated.

 "Yeah, that sounds like a really good idea!" Onew spoke up. What happened to him sleeping in the front seat.

 "Yeah let's do that, I'm hungry too!" Luna agreed.

 "Well, an order of food, coming right up!" Taecyeon joked.

-.-

 "Wow, Taecyeon that was amazing!" Onew said while rubbing his belly in the car. I tried not to laugh, but the sight was too funny.

"Yeah,it was pretty good." I agreed with a laugh. "Yoogeun, did you like dinner?" I questioned.

 "Yes appa, I like American food!" he beamed at me. Good, cuz you're gonna be eating it probably the rest of your life...or as long as we'll be here.

 "Well, say thank you to Taecyeon, he insisted on buying us dinner." I gestured in Taecyeon's direction. Instead, Yoogeun thought the floor was way more interesting so he began to stare at it. "Yoogeun," I scolded slightly.

 "It's ok, Taemin, he's just shy. He almost reminds me of Minho." Taecyeon stated.  In an instant, my head snapped up.  I saw Luna and Onew just staring at Taecyeon like he just said the absolute worst thing. 

 "You guys, it's ok.  I'm over him." I said with a soft voice.

 "Oh, I'm so sorry. I forgot." he apologized with sympathy.  I was still struck, I didn't want to think of him.

 "No, really it's fine." I lied.

 "Ok well, Lets' go shopping and then head to your new home, ok?" Tacyeon proposed, trying to lighten up the mood. I nodded. We all sat in silence, but it wasn't awkward, more along the lines of weary and tired. I look at my suroundings. Everthing looked so busy, and full of life. Just like Seol.

 "Well, this is a super market." he said parking the car, "This is Wal-Mart." "This is a really big superstore. It holds everything you need for your home." he spoke while leading us to the entrance. We entered the sliding doors and just like everything else I've seen so far, it reallly was big. It was like being at a video shoot, but much much bigger, The place was filled with rows of shelves, all adorned in food and other items. I followed Taecyeon to what seemed to be produce.

" You guys can go look around if you want, we can meet here in an hour or so." Tacyeon stated. We all nodded, this would be a good time to brush up on our English reading skills. I held Yoogeun's hand as I walked near the electronics section with Onew and Luna. "Woman reports getting ." the anchorman announced on the television. "That happens all the time." The former SHINee leader said a bit selfishly. "Oh would you quit being so apathetic? You don't know what those people went through." Luna snapped back. The couple continued to argue, leaving Yoogeun and I to retreat elsewhere.

 "Appa, can we get candy?" Yoogeun asked with a hopeful smile.

 "Sure, Yoogeun. Why not?" I smiled. I love seeing him smile. I knew I would give him what he wanted, so I just said yes.

 "Appa, over there! I see it! The candy section!" Yoogeun shouted out of elation. He began running, making him oblivious to the others around him.

 "Yoogeun, honey" I tried to warn, but I was too late. He crashed into some freakishly tall guy. Yoogeun sat there for awhile before crying out:

 "Appa!" My heart nearly stopped at the sight. I ran over to him frantically and worried. I got on my knees grabbed him off the floor into a hug.

 "Yoogeun, honey, what did I say about not watching where your going?" I said while holding him tighter.

 "I'm sorry appa, I'm sorry I worried you." he said while sobbing. My heart almost stopped.

 "Son, please, just promise me you won't do that again, ok?" I asked, looking at him in the eyes. I almost started crying at the sight.

 "Ok appa, I promise." he said smiling oncemore.

 "Well, go ahead and get all the candy you can carry.." I said giving him what he loves. I know I seem like a pushover but I can't help it. I just want to see him happy.

 " I will, but you're gonna need to help me." he said.

 "Ok, well, first say sorry to the man you ran into." I instructed.

 "I'm sorry." he obeyed.

 " Oh, buddy don't worry about it. It was an accident."

 " Yes it was an accident." a male and female voice spoke. But it was strange, I understood them perfectly. They must be Korean. But the male voice struck me in surprise the most. The bell in the back of my head was ringing louder then ever. That voice, that voice, It hit. I remember looking at the back of the man. he looked and almost sounded like Minho.

But it couldn't be. Why would it be him? He doesn't live here, does he? Wait a minute. It all flew into my head. Boston, Boston is where Minho now lived in America! But It couldn't be him. I mean, of course not. So to prove I'm just crazy and tired, I looked at the male. I froze. My eyes locked with those familiar brown eyes I loved so much. That long hair. Tall and strong built structure. It was Minho!

"Taemin?"

-.-

WOO! All done beta-ing! I think the candy scene was a little ehehe. Well, if you're gonna complain, complain to ChadsterT-rex! He's the author! I'm just a lame beta....xD Well, don't expect another update for awhile. Well, not a while but you guys not what I mean, right? Well, I'm sure you know the drill. FEEDBACK!