Chapter oo1

Let's Keep it Professional

 

Okay, guys...you waited for it! The offical first chapter of "Let's Keep it Professional"! BTW, these will all be named after SHINee songs

Taemin

 

"Taemin, I would like to have a word with you." My boss told me. "Taemin, you have been selected  to work in America with our sister hospital." the doctor annouced to me. "Wait, me? I'm not that good. After all, I've only been here five years."

"Oh Taemin, don't be so modest. You're the best neurosurgeon we have in the hospital, damn, you're the best in South Korea. Might aswell be the whole world. Your the head of the Neurology department for gods sakes!" exclaimed the doctor.

 "No, really sir, thank you for the compliment, but I think the others could do an even better job. Also,  I can't go, for the sake of Yoogeun, It would be too much of a culture shock." I tried to reason with him. There was an alarm going off in my head that was telling me not to.

 "Sorry to break it to you Taemin, but Yooguen will be just fine. I can't take no for an answer. Besides, I already arranged for both of you to leave in two weeks." My boss informed me. The hell? Two weeks? Really? And he just tells me NOW?

 But I have no choice, I was really going to America. I really just couldn't believe it. I was picked out of all the people in my unit to take part in something like this. This has to be a dream. There's no way this is happening.

But there's no time to celebrate. I'm doing this against my will.  I only have two weeks and I still have to tell Yoogeun. Aish,  this is going to be a long day. I mean, I love what I do, but my baby comes first, he's the only thing that I have, besides my work, and I don't want him to get mad at me. I guess I'll just figure this out later. Right now, work is calling my name. But I just can't help but feel that  I'm forgeting something.

~Later in the evening~

 

 I was correct, it really was a long day. I have to be prepared for my departure, so I'm now taking some briefing classes on what I might expect from my American co-workers. But I still have to break the news to Yoogeun. How do I tell him? How can I make this easier for the both of us? I sighed and rested my head on the leather steering wheel before the green light appeared.

I could strech the truth a bit, but I told Yoogeun to never lie, and doing that just makes me look like a bad parent. Maybe if I try to candy-coat this. Wait. That's still lying. Well, I guess I'll just say it how it is. Hold on a second, he likes ice cream. Maybe, I can take him out for ice cream. Crap. He hasn't had dinner yet. No, Luna should've fed him by now.

Thank god for Luna. If it wasn't for her and Onew taking care of Yoogeun when I was working, the stress would have just killed me. I really do owe her so much. She's helped me raise Yoogeun for three years. God, the things she's put up with me. But I'm even more thankful to Onew.

He stayed with me after the whole "mishap".  He knew I still needed help, so he and Luna stayed near me and always showed  open arms to me. They were my eomma and appa after Jjong and Key left for America to legally get married. Korea still isn't very open to, umm.."homouals".

But I do have alot on my plate. I finally arrived at Onew's house while I drive into the driveway. Finally, my love and whole world appeared before my eyes. I still remember the day when I met the most precious thing in my life.

*Flashback*

 

 "Taemin, you're up for the next pediatric ICU surgery." My boss informed me. "What? I've only been here for a year only because I had special treatment in school." I explained, "I'm only at where I am now because of my star status. I don't think I'm ready yet to do my own surgery."

"Stop trying to get out of it, Taemin. I'm only telling you this because I trust you and you seem capable of it. The only reason you're here is not because of attention and treatment but because of that amazing brain of yours. That's my final word." My boss reasoned with me as he left.

Omo. What the just happened? Does he really trust me with this?

I sighed as I reached into the sink to sterilize my hands. I don't know if I'm capable of this or not. Well, if my boss says he knows what he's doing then I guess I'll hope for the best. "Okay, what are his stats and condition?" I asked. "Jung Yoogeun. 4 years old, 21 kg, 65 cm. He was in an accident earlier and has slight head trauma." The assistant informed me.

"Here goes nothing." I worried as I found slight lacerations on the side of his head. I gulped and finally began the procedure, trying not to let worry overtake me.

Then we applied a gel to keep Yooguens hair out of the way.Wearily, I started to saw into his head. I then split open the insision. It seemed that the accident didn't cause mush of an issue on the parietal lobe, thank god. I guess the only thing that was affected was the skull. Eh, means I just have less work to do. I cleaned out the area that was affected by the accident. I stayed away from any of the important parts in the lobe.

When my business there was done, I used a medical staple to put  the skull back together. I gave a big sigh of relief, mentally of course, as I began to sew the skin back up.  We then moved the sedated boy to the wash station. I  washed his hair of the dried blood and gel we put in earlier."Looks like our work here is done, gentlemen." I said while they congratualated me on my first operation. But I just stood there and smiled proudly. 

~

Room 401 right? I then looked at the clip bored hanging by his door.

Name: Jung, Yooguen

Age: 4

Weight: 21kg

Hight: 65cm

Car accident victim. Has no guardians. Orphan at Central City Kids Orphange.

I walked in the room and found a sleeping Yoogeun that jerked right as I sat down. I sighed as I ran my fingers over the incision I had made earlier. But soon pulled my hand away as he tossed in his sleep. "Where am I?" He asked groggily while rubbing his eyes. "Hi Yoogeun. My name is Taemin. Earlier, you were in an accident so I had to make you better." I tried to simply explain the situation to him the best I could.

"Oh really? How much longer do I have to be here?" He inquired. "Maybe a few more days, and then you can go back to the orphanage." I responded in a sweet voice. "But I don't wanna go back! I don't like it there!" He raised his voice; his eyes tearing up as he closed them to prevent them from leaking. "Sh, it's okay Yoogeun. Maybe somebody will adopt you and you'll have a nice family who loves you." I cooed while I got up and rested my hand on his back. In response, he quickly latched onto me. I stood there before hesitantly wrapping my arms around him. I felt a special conection with this boy. He was the first person I have ever operated on and actually saved. He's just so precious! With that said, he doesn't have a home. He just might be able to fill in the cracks of the foundation caused by a certain rapper. I sat there as he cried into my lab coat while I just his hair. I'm going to adopt him. Definately.I looked down as  I huged the boy. He finally has a home again.

                                                  * End Flashback*

"Yoogeun!~ Appa's home!" I sang while I walked into the house, only to be greeted by a young boy of around seven years of age running to hug my legs. "Appa!" He said enthusiastically while I laughed and ruffled his short hair. "Was Yoogeun good today?" I asked Luna who was leaning against the countertop. "Yes he was." She responded with a smile. "Yoogeun, go play for a bit. Appa has to talk to Luna and Onew."

"What's wrong Taemin?" Onew asked as he stood next to Luna, putting his arm against the couter and crossing his leg. "I've been selected to work in America. Boss already arranged for Yoogeun and I to leave in two weeks." I explained. "Oh that's wonderful!" Luna said enthusiastically, clasping her hands together. "Thanks Luna, but I just have this weird feeling that I shouldn't go. Like, there's something preventing me from leaving. As if there's something I've forgotten about.

Onew and Luna exchanged glances, as if they knew something I didn't know. The hell? Oh well. "Hm. I don't know. But, I hope you guys have a good time." Onew said. "Thanks, but I don't know what to do with Yoogeun."

"Maybe we could come with and watch Yoogeun?" Luna proposed. "Oh no. That's too much to ask for." I said as I denied her request. "Nonsense. Jinki and I know enough English to get around." After more coaxing from Onew and Luna, I finally gave in. "Okay fine, but now I just need to break the news to him." I said while gesturing towards Yoogeun. "Ddid you guys have dinner yet?" I asked. "Yes, we wanted to wait for you, but I saw the look in Yoogeuns eyes, so we had dinner early." Luna explained. Oh and here are some left overs for you." she spoke while handing me a bag filled with containers. "I planned on taking him out for icecream since you guys already ate." I explained while walking towards the door. "Good luck!" The couple told me.

"Yoogeun! Get your shoes on. Appa's gonna take you out for icecream." I called to my son. "Really? Okay, I'll be right there." He responded excitedly. After about three minutes worth of waiting, we finally left the house and were on the road. In ten minutes time, we finally reached the icecream parlor. I opened his door for him as he hurriedly climed out. "Oh boy, appa! I'm so excited! I'm gonna get ten sccops of chocolate! And then ten scoops of vanilla! And ten more sc-" He rambled on until I cut him off. "Honey, I think a cup is enough. I can't give you too much sugar. God knows what would happen and plus it's your bedtime soon." I finished.

"Hello! Welcome! What would you like today?" The cashier, a young girl, asked from behind the counter. I looked at Yoogeun. He was looking at his feet. The sight made my heart drop. "One large cup of chocolate icecream and a sugar cone with a scoop of strawberry." I told her as I gave into Yoogeun. "$10.50" She responded as I gave the correct amount of change. "Thanks!" She said cheerfully while handing us the icecream and my change. I led Yoogeun over to a booth near the window.

"Thanks appa. This icecream is delicious!" He thanked me, while I wiped the chocolate off his face. "So, sweetie. I have some great news."  I paused, waiting for Yoogeun's reaction after I told him. But his reaction was a little bit delayed becuase his attention was so fixated on the on the icecream But I continued anyway. "My boss told me we have to move to America. He said I'm so good at my job that the people in America want my to do surgery so I can make people feel better like I did to you." I tried to come out with the information while trying to sound nice at the same time. "But why?" He asked. "Because I have to go and help people. He said I'm really good and people want me to work in a different country so I can make them better."

"But, I don't wanna leave all my friends. Plus, where will I go to school? I don't know that much English, or anybody there." He complained. "Auntie Luna and Uncle Onew will teach you because they're gonna come with so they can take care of you while I'm at work like they do now. Don't worry, I'm sure once you know more English you can talk to all the other little boys there and make friends." I tried to reason.

"But I don't wanna go! I like it here in Korea!" Yoogeun whined to me once again. "I don't wanna go either, Yoogeun, but I have to. It's my job and they want me to work there." I answered back while he puted and crossed his arms, bowing his head. "Yoogeun, please don't be mad at Appa. He's only doing it because he loves you and wants a good job so you can have nice things." I pleaded. The conversation went like this for twenty more minutes before he finally gave him. Geez, I thought that would never happen. I then went to the cashier to order more icecream for Luna and Onew, I'm sure they'll like it.

"Fine, but I still don't want to go." He complained again while buckiling his seatbelt in the back seat. "It's okay, son. Appa doesn't want to either." I agreed, while looking back to make sure the road was clear as I backed out.

~

Hello!! Well finally the first chapter is up! I hope you guys enjoy our hard work. It took forever to write this thing because of so many details we forgot about. Especially having to talk on the phone all the time and switching turns editing. If you have any questions, just comment or write on one of our wall's. BUT. If it sounds interesting, comment or subscribe! Really, it makes my day. Y'ALL BETTER LIKE THIS CUZ IT'S GONNA BE ONE LONG- STORY! .....atleast I think it will..

 

~FIGHTING~