Kabanata 45

The Slayer

"We've got bigger problems." All our attention went to Jay who just appeared in the middle of the living room. Luhan, Sehun and I were currently doing some last project we needed to submit before school days ends when he suddenly appeared with worry written all over his face. 

"Where's your sister? And Yunho?" He asked. He sounded like he's panicking.

"Went out to buy some dinner, why?"

Instead of answering, he summoned Jessica and Uncle Yunho. It was the first time I ever saw him do it, with his voice changing into a deeper and hypnotizing tone and blue light emanating from his body. It look so magical that I didnt realized i was in awe till Sehun closed my mouth. The twins has no idea what Im seeing right now so I dont blame them for looking at me like Im seeing heavens opened their gates or something, well its pretty much close to that.

And after a couple of seconds Uncle Yunho and Jessica appeared in front of us with two large paper bag in their hands.

"Wow Jay, whats the problem? Its very rare you summon me." Uncle Yunho took notice.

"Sit." Jay instructed and the twonew comer obeyed. Luhan and Sehun gave Jessica room to sit next to me. Just when Jay was about to say whatever it is he's panicking about my phone rang and I need to stand up so I can answer it. Knowing who exactly it was, Sehun growled at me and Jessica gave me a questioning look.

"Sorry, school stuff." I lied. I went to the kitchen and excitedly swiped the screen of my phone. "Hi." I greeted back once the person on the other line greeted me. A smile instantly formed on my lips as soon as I heard her voice.

 "Just calling to say I miss you. The flight has been good and now Im just resting and I miss you." my smile grew wider as Amber replied when I asked her why she called and how was her flight. She left yesterday and with all trainings I have I wasnt able to come and see her before she left but we talked over the phone the whole night and she called me before she left her apartment earlier this morning. I wanted to send her off bu Jay gave me a whole day training and the rest of my day was spent doing the poject the twin and I was tasked to do for a group project. I wish I couldve just kissed Amber goodbye.

"I missed you too." I told her. I heard Jay called out and told me that what he's goin to say is more important that what my boyfriend is telling me. "I think youre busy right now. Lets talk later when youre free. I missed you and please be careful. I dont want to see another bruise in your face when I come home." Amber said and I pouted, and as if Amber is seeing what I look right now she said, "Smile. I hate when your pouting. Its cute but I dont want you to pout when Im not there to kiss it." Amber had laughed and it made my heart flutter. With that simple statement, Amber made my heart happy and now Im missing her so much, her eyes that can make me melt by just staring at me, her smile that can give butterflies in my stomach and her laugh, her laugh that can brighten up my day after an instense training the night before. God I missed her so much.

"Krystal.. Come on.."Jay called out again.

"Yeah, Im coming already." I yelled back.

 "Okay, dont get mad now,we can talk again later, dont miss me too much. I love you." 

"I love you too." I replied before she ended the call..

"Now what?" I scoffed at Jay who only raised his brows at me. "You can be lovey dovey later after this.. Or that is if your boyfriend will still be alive."

"What do you mean?" I asked him as I sat next to Jessica who hold my hand while Sehun stood up, gritting his teeth. I know he felt what Im feeling but I cant help it. I felt sorry for him but I cant really do anything.

"Its going to be a blood moon next month. And all demons are conspiring to make their move. Theyre going to attack us." 

"What? Blood moon?" I asked and its Jessica who answered, "Its when an eclipse happen, blood moon because it would be red like blood. And at that time, all demons's powers would increase while angels would weaken. That means we, angels, would be helpless by then."

Okay now Im scared. Im already helpless and useless as I am right now and my family losing all their powers would only mean death for me.

"Dont worry Krys, Sehun will protect you, right bro?" Sehun only nodded. I could see him worrying about me but jealousy is getting the best of him right now. I dont need any imprint to know how he feels, Sehun was never good in hiding his feelings, it always shows even how much he tried to hide it.

"How did you know Jay?" Uncle Yunho asked and now everyone was eager to know where did the news came from.

"Yuri had warned me yesterday and the Elders confirmed it." 

"What are we going to do now?"

"Get you ready ofcourse. Dont worry, even if we're weak that doesnt mean were powerless." Its not much of an assurance but Im trusting them with my life. I need to prepare myself to whatever outcome we'll get after a month..

I need my powers.. 

I need it now.