Kabanata 12

The Slayer

The next days was awful.. Just painfully awful, I was forced to avoid Ms. Amber again and this time it was because of my sister..

After that intense moment on the maintenance room, I came home and got a sisterly lecture from my Jessica. She started asking me if I have a boyfriend which I already answered the next day she and Uncle Yunho arrived. She asked me if Im telling the truth and ofcourse I gave her a big yes. Then she asked me if Im seeing someone or if I'm having ual relationship with someone, on that, I hesitated what to say. If should I say yes, no, or kindo of, since I dont know what me and Ms. Amber has so Isettled for a no. She didnt believe me and even asked if Im still a . I told her I am and that Im swearing it over our parents grave and thats when she believed it. She made me promised not to see anyone or date anyone and most of all NOT to give myself, my very essense of womanhood, my ity, to anyone not till I reached my 18th birthday.

I asked her why but it was Uncle Yunho who answered, "Because its in our tradition to keep our ites till we reached our debuting age."

What the hell? Mom and Dad never mentioned that to me.

"So promise me Krystal.. Keep yourself clean till before youre 18.." My sister practically begged me and I nodded. Somehow I can sense that she's worrying.. Sister's instinct I guess. She does seem very protective.

I gave her my word.

And when I promised something I keep it.. I do everything just to keep that promise and try so hard not to break it. I was raised like that though my parents always break their promises. So I guess I got that from my relatives.

"That tradition seems kinda lame." I chimed, not really liking the idea at all, but I have no choice since I already promised Jessica that and besides, in just two months I'll be turning 18 so I just need to pass 60 days of being a frustrated deprived in school. But Ms. Amber doesnt like the idea of it..

 

"Youre avoiding me again." She said, grabbing my wrist as I walked pass her.

"I need to. I cant be around you for two months let alone be alone with you." I said, pulling my wrist back.

"Why?" 

"I promised my sister I wont do something stupid."

"You promised your sister not to have for two months and you think that being around me will make you break that promise. Lame but in a way its cute.. You think of having with me.... Okay. I can wait..." She had this bright smile across her lips as she said it as if she read my mind and I got flustered cause thats exactly what I was thinking as I stood in front of her.

"Ahh.. Ms. Liu.. what exactly are we?" I asked. The question had been really bothering me since the maintenance room. And I guess I have the right to know whatever she thinks about our real status. She already confessed in a way, but I dont want to assume.

"Student and teacher.. What else could we be?" Okay Im hurt.

"Teachers dont just go kissing their students."

"I told you already.. I like you. What else do you want me to say?"

"Nothing.." Im already upset so I left her.. Seriously, why am I making such a fuss about it? Every teenagers hook up once in a while with no feelins involve, so why am I making it a big deal.

 

 

It was already late when I head home from a group activity at a classmate's house. It was dark and I know a girl walking alone most likely gets into danger than reaching home safe and sound. Atleast thats what I think and this is actually the first time I went home later than 5 pm.

Uncle Yunho is out doing things he never really talked about and I cant ask my sister either, what can she do anyways? She's more lady-like than me,so it'll just be easier for us to be the target. The twins were out to, doing their own group project.

"Hey Missy.. Need someone to take you home?" Three drunk men had just blocked my way. Okay calm yourself Krystal. You need to be in your senses, their drunk and your not, you still have an advantage.

"No thank you. I could walk home alone." But the drunk men were persistent, not letting me off their hook.

"DOnt touch me.. I said dont touch me." 

"Oooh a feisty one. I like that." One men said and grabbed my hand. I took my bag and swinged it to him, making a long cut on his ugly face.

"Woah dude.." His friends mocked him, putting more fuel on his fire, he slapped my face so hard that I felt my head almost break at the contact. I felt dizzy and lost my balance. My sight started to blur before I fell on the ground. That hurst..Really hurts.

I could hear them laughing as I heard them took steps closer to me.

"Lay another finger on her and I swear you'll all die." That voice..It was the man from my two weird encounters and today is no difference. Why do I always end up on the ground whenever he's around me?

"Go home kid, youre not needed here." The drunk man said. I tried opening my eyes but with a hazy eyesight and dark surounding, I could only make out figures and what I saw was a bit disturbing. The man was latching one of the drunk man's neck. I cant see it properly but Im sure it was what he was doing.

I closed my eyes again and I felt I was being carried. I cant open my eyes so I just listened to the man while she talks to an unconcious me, atleast thats what he thought.

"Its kinda tiring saving you like this."

"How can you not remember me? Youve seen my face three times already and you cant still remember me? How could you?"

"My parents are going to kill me if they knew this. This is all your fault. Your fault."

That was the last thing I heard bfore I totally lost conciousness.

 

"Krystal.. Krystal wake up.. What happened?" I opened my eyes and met Jessica's worried face. "Are you hurt?" I just realized that Im in front of my house, at our doorstep to be exact. How--- oh yeah the man.. He mustve took me here.

"Im fine." I answered.

"Youve been fainting a lot these days, are you sure your fine?" I nodded and let her guide me to the living room.

"I was attacked earlier, got slapped.. But I.. I managed to get away.."I lied, not really wanting to share anything  about the man, not till I know him first. I dont know what he meant by his words. Should I know him? Cause the way he said it.. I know him and I cant remember who he was.. Was he someone special to me before? But how.. I mean I was four when I lost my memory.. So how can I not know him?

But the familiarity in his voice can be a prove that I do mightve known him somewhere in time.

"What? You were attacked? We should tell uncle Yunho." 

"No.. Im okay,nothing bad happened so please dont worry about me. And besides they were drunk."

"But..."

"I dont want to burden anyone. So please.. Calm yourself down Jess.. I wont go home late ever again, so will that help?" She just nodded and we bot went to the kitchen to eat something while talking about things in school and what not..

 

 

**************************************************

 

 

I could smell them. Theyre so close.. Their scent was so strong.. And the worst is, amidst those scents.. I could smell her..