Kabanata 3

The Slayer

Its already been two weeks.

I started going to school again with the help of the twins who became my emotional support specially Sehun who's been so overprotective of me since the incident.

Youngjae stopped bugging me as soon as the news spread out the campus. Everyone, even those who Im not close with gave me encouragements, sympathies and support. I was thankful of them. Even in the neighborhood, they showed me concern and symphathy for my loss..Telling me words of wisdoms that in a way helped me to go through each day.

Its still painful.. And as days passed I feel like the pain only increases more and more, as if the hole in my heart was expanding that sometimes it makes me harder to breathe.

I tried to be strong, but at the end of the day when Im alone on Sehun's room.. I always found myself crying.. 

I miss my parents..

I miss them so much..

 

The case is still unsolve and the police officer said that they dont have any evidence that could lead them to the suspect. It made me feel more hopeless. 

Justice is what I want for my parents more than anything else. Someone should pay for the crime they did. Someone should be thrown in jail for killing my parents.

But how? How can that bastard got away from a crime without leaving any traces?

 

 

"You two go ahead.. I just want to have some time alone." I told the twins right after the professor left the room. I saw Sehun opened his mouth to refuse but I cut him off.

"Its okay Sehun.. I'll just walk around town.. I'll be quick."

"But with that bastard still out there, we cant let you wandering off by yourself." It was Luhan who pointed it out.

"Look guys.. I just need some time alone for myself.. Please.. Just let me be like this for a while. I wanted to clear some thoughts up in my head and I cant do that in your house.. It makes me feel claustrophobic." I reasoned out.

Sehun just nodded and took my bag, "I'll take this home. Call me when youre done." Sehun smiled and pulled his brother with him.

"Be careful Krys..Okay?" Luhan shouted at me and I shouted back.. "Yeah.. You too."

 

 

 

I stood in front of my house. I end up walking here as I tour around the town. Two weeks that I havent been inside the house. It was the twins who took my belongings and I never had the courage to come here ever since so I dont know why my feet dragged me here.

I took a step twoards the house but as if my feet was pulled by the ground's gravity, it felt so heavy that I wasnt able to take another step.

I was about to turn around but something inside the house caught my attention.

Inside it, was a man's figure. I cant see it clearly since our windows were blurred ones so I can be wrong. But when that figure moved, I knew someone was inside.

Curiosity got the best of me as I ran to the door and silently went my way inside. When I thought that the figure was the culprit, the anger and pain inside me fueled my courage and at that moment I felt like Im superman. That I can take that guy down by myself. The rage of having that bastard under my palm was greater than my fear of getting killed.

Yeah.. I was that brave.

I saw the guy with his back facing me as I tiptoed my way near him. He was wearing a long black coat and I could tell he still hasnt noticed my presence. Good for me..

I took the baseball bat my Dad usually played with me before I entered college. He purposely placed it on top of our shoe rack, in case an emergency like this happens. And Im thankful for Dad's wit thinking.

I gripped on it tightly. I could feel the pulse on my nerves, the beat of my heart and the rush of my blood on my veins. Nervous and angry at the same time. I cant wait to sway the bat on the guy's head and kill him the way he did to my parents..

I dont care what will happen to me.. I need to get my revenge.. I need to avenge my parents and I need to kill this guy.

I want to kill him too.

With eyes closed, I took the bat and swayed it towards the guy but to my surprise, the bat hit nothing but air.

I opened my eyes only to find myself trembling..

The guy.. The culprit.. The killer was now standing right behind me.. I could feel him..

Fear engulfed me..

I will die today..but atleast I'd get to be with my parents..

 

Make it quick.. Make it fast..

I prayed silently to myself.

 

I closed my eyes and waited for my end.. I felt the murderer inched closer and closer.. I could feel his face just right behind my ears..

"Sleep."

That was all I heard before I felt my body lost its control.

 

 

 

 

I groaned when I regained my senses.. I opened my eyes and the first thing that greeted me was Sehun pulling me into a hug.

"You stupid you.. Thank goodness your awake."

"What happened?"

"You tell us what happened. I saw you being carried out of your house." Being carried? The man..

"Back at the house.." I started but I dont really remember what exactly happened.. Just a man's figure.. but other than that.. I dont remember anything else.

"I fainted." I lied. Its no use telling them something I dont really remember myself.

"Good thing your uncle came in time. Who knows what couldve happened if no one came." Sehun said examining me if Im hurt somewhere else other than my head.

My uncle?

"Good thing he forgot our address and went straight to your house." Luhan butted in and that when I realized that beside him was a man not older than 35, probably younger than my dad by years, he look so much of a gentleman with his taste of clothes. Suited with an all-black tuxedo that matches his black cane. His eyes were masked with an eyeglases that makes him look rather cold and strict. And beside him was a girl with a genuinely beautiful face, her long wavy brunette hair stunningly cascading along her shoulders that was complemented by her clothes that seemed took her only minutes to come up with, simple yet stylish and classy. She was screaming of perfection and to think that she's only wearing a tee and pants matched with boots.

"Hi.." The man greeted me, the moment he smiled, the cold aura that enamates from him disappeared. He look so warm and approachable.

I greeted back. not knowing what to say, I smiled back.

"Im Jung Yunho. I believed my brother never told you about me. And this is Jessica, your sister."

Me as well as the twin's jaws dropped as the word escaped the man's lips.

My sister..

Ive lived for almost 18 years alone as an only child,two weeks ago my parents were murdered and today someone came and told me he's my uncle and I have a sister.. I've got a sister for heavens sake.. How did this happen?

"Hi baby sis.." Ohh so Im younger than her.. The girl, who claims to be my sister smiled and the cold demeanor she has disappered as well just like what happened to the guy who says he's my uncle.

"Are you not happy that we finally met?" Finally? God.. This is taking up so much of my brain.. Why didnt my parents told me about me having a sister? Why I havent seen this Yunho guy in all my family's photo album?

Are they saying the truth? Or are they just a fraud?

 

How did these all hapened?

 

How can my life be so confusing?