Helping

Could It Be?

For the rest of class time, I stared out of the window bored but one thing caught my attention. I saw Hyunseong walking into the school gates with two guys following behind him. One was blond and that one was Kwangmin's twin brother. Their relationship isn't so good as far as I know but UGH! Why is Hyunseong late again?! If this keeps up, his grades are gonna go down the drain! Umma will kill him...Right, he doesn't care.

"Lee Jeongmin!"

I jumped up at the sudden yell. "YES?"

"Would you come up and show the rest of the class how to do this problem?" He tapped on the chalkboard with his long fingernail. I cursed in my head.

I shook my head, "No, sorry. I wasn't paying attention..." I lowered my head.

"That's why I called on you." The teacher glared at me. "I'll let you off but there won't be a next time, correct, Mister Lee?" I nodded at him and sat back down on my chair.

Finally, class was over and it was time for lunch. I saw Kwangmin standing outside of the cafeteria waiting for me. "OVER HERE, JEONGMIN!" Kwangmin waved his arm. I fastened my pace to finally reach to him.

"Come on before we get the nasty food." Kwangmin walked into the cafeteria and I followed him. But I suddenly remembered something...My math book! HOLY CRAP I MUST HAVE LEFT IT IN THE CLASSROOM!

Kwangmin turned around. "Why aren't you coming?"

", dude..I left my math book in class. Uhm...Imma go get it now. Go ahead without me." I turned back around and raced down the hall. If anyone takes that book and I have to pay for it, I will screw them over! As soon as I reached to the classroom, I saw the book sitting on my desk. I panted and smiled. Thank god! I quickly grabbed it then walked back out but then I stopped my footsteps. At the corner of my eye I could see a figure having his back rest against the wall inside of a classroom.

"Hyunseong?" I whispered to myself. I entered into the classroom. I studied him. He was bruised and beaten up. He turned his head and glared at me.

"YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! I DON'T WANNA SEE YOU! GET OUT!" He raised his voice.

". DID YOU FIGHT?!" I yelled back. I calmed down a little, dropped my backpack also my book on the ground. I walked closer to him, bend down and grabbed his arm. "Come on, let's go to the nurse -"

"I TOLD YOU TO GO AWAY!" He tried to shake off my grip but I tightened it, ignoring his words.

"I don't want your help! Let go!"

"Stop being so stubborn will, ya?" I said. This guy is pissing me off! I'm trying to help him and he's not appreciating it?! I pulled him up and tried to drag him but he was set in stone. "Yah - "

"Why are you helping me?" He asked me but in a soft tone instead. This was probably the first time I heard him speak this way. He always say something in a hard tone. I look at him, half smiling, "Because you're my stepbrother."

` ` ` ` END OF CHAPTER 3 ` ` ` `

Thank you for your wonderful comments and of course, thank you for reading!