Smolder: Gone (But Not Forgotten)

Halcyon City Review Shop [Closed until May 20th]

Title: Gone (but not forgotten)


one. Characterization

Since this is a drabble, characterization is not so important, what is crucial is that you express their feelings clearly and relatably. I like your choice of words in describing the main characters, how they make each other feel, how they are feeling, it is realistic and strikes a chord in your heart :) 

However, you could have elaborated more on Jaeseop's character, because even though this is from Jiyeon's point of view, it wouldn't hurt to know more how Jaeseop feels (about going to army, about Jiyeon, etc) That would make him more relatable.


two. Plot 

The plot is cliché, going to army and dying without a chance to say goodbye is always heartbreaking. I like how you added the 'after'  bit which showed that Jiyeon did manage to move on. 

One thing I did not get, you said in the first paragraph that they first met in the village, and then they promise to meet again, once the summer ended. I'm wondering, what context is the story in? Do they live in the village or do they come to stay in the summer only? Maybe you could address this portion.


three. Grammar  

You wrote in the present tense for the most part, except for the last paragraph when you had some past tense. Other than that, the grammar is perfect :)


four. Writing Style 

This writing style is perfect for drabbles, it is detailed without being too informative, the feelings are expressed without being too overwhelming. The story flows smoothly, and it reaches the of the story (the confession) and then everything ends off smoothly. I find no issue with the writing format.

However, I don't get the very last part (the part which tells us about Jiyeon's kid names Jaeseop. Why did you write it in that style? Is it meant to be a poem? Also, what do you mean by, the birth of this infant is small enough to fill the crack in her heart? (You mean, literally small? xD)
Maybe it should be, the birth of this infant holds the key to restoring the crack in her heart.
Something like that :)


five. Your opinion of the story

I really like this story, even though I don't usually read U-kiss and Tara, I must say that this drabble got me hooked from the first paragraph. It makes me anticipate more from you as a writer :) I see that you don't really write that many fics in AFF, but I do hope you write more :D

Fighting!!
-El-leeXO