chocolate bunnies

onkey ficlets

Kibum was nervous. You can tell. He was standing in front of the medical library that evening, thinking if he should just go in and find him or just wait there until he came out. He had been waiting for hour, God he didn’t even like waiting. But for this one, he could bare with it. Turning his head down, he stared at the white box he was holding with this hopeful look. Kibum had been waiting for this day to come. And now when it had come, he started thinking that maybe it’s silly. What if he doesn’t want to accept it? Stupid Kibum. Of course he would love to accept it. Who doesn’t want chocolate?  His heart beat faster each second and he was wondering since when he became so this not confident?

Oh yeah, it started after he met Lee Jinki. his senior  in medical university. It started when they attended the same class and when they started being partner in this task school. And somehow along the way the began closer each day. Kibum didn’t know how , why or when it happened. All he knew was Jinki made him fall in love.  Maybe the way he cares of Kibum? Possibly the way he looks at Kibum? Perhaps the way his makes Kibum laugh over his lame and silly jokes? Or probably that gentle smile he always sends to Kibum that never fail to melt his heart?  Kibum wouldn’t know. All he knew right know that he’s waiting outside of the library for the love of his life to come out.

But again, Kibum was nervous and when it seemed that he was waiting too long, he began to ask himself ‘what am i doing here?’ He wanted to enter and found Jinki but too afraid to answer if Jinki asked his purpose of coming at him. He shook his head and smiled to himself. Stupid, he thought. He shouldn’t do this. It was 8 pm and he was there for hours now. Maybe, Jinki wasn’t in library today, he said to himself.

Kibum turned around and decided to go home. Not this way, he tried to convince himself, find the other way to confess. But only few steps he walked away from the library, he heard someone calling at him.

“Kibum?”

The young boy was taken a back, too afraid to turn his head back because he knew that voice too well. After that someone called him twice, Kibum eventually was brave enough to look back and yes, it was Jinki.

“what are you doing here? Did you just come out? I didn’t see you inside” his senior approached him, smiling warmly that Kibum was sure his own cheeks were turning into deep pink shade right now.

“I... um..”

“what is that?” Jinki was looking at the little white box Kibum was holding with both of his hands.

“It’s..um,” when Kibum looked up, he saw Jinki was looking at him expectantly. His eyes were so beautiful, his smile was beautiful.  Jinki was breathtakingly beautiful.

It is now Kibum, the back of his mind told him.

“I made this today” Kibum said, lifting up the box higher so that Jinki could see it closer. Kibum was too shy at the moment that he couldn’t even lift up his chin and look at Jinki’s eyes. “please taste”

He didn’t hear Jinki’s respond, and he could only look at Jinki’s shoes.

Please, please.. Kibum prayed.

It was until few seconds later he felt someone’s hands were brushing on his own, so soft and warm. And the next thing he knew, Jinki had taken that small box from him.

He slowly looked up again and saw Jinki was now opening the box. Jinki’s face changed from curious to surprised. Kibum didn’t know if that was good surprised or sorry surprised one.

“Kibum, this is...”

“I made this because i really like you” Kibum mentally cursed himself after he said that. He looked down staring at his own shoes again so that he could hide his blushing cheeks, keeping them safe from Jinki to see.

However Jinki didn’t say anything after that. And it just made Kibum wanted to run away because he was too embarrassed. Looking at Jinki now was the hardest thing he could do.

“you know Kibum,” Jinki softly said then, “I can’t eat these,”

That’s when Kibum heard his heart breaking. So this is the rejection he was going to face.

“okay..” Kibum said, still not looking back at Jinki. God, he wanted to cry now. “I was just thinking that this would be the best day to confess how i really like you. That i want you to be my boyfriend. But of course “ Kibum tried his hard not to sob, “I’m really sorry”

“are you hungry?”

“what?” Kibum looked up now cause it wasn’t the rejection words he expected coming from Jinki. It just didn’t make any sense.  But when he saw the older one was looking at him, he realized that Kibum was not the only one who fell in love.

“I can’t eat these... alone” he told Kibum, “so i was thinking, there is a new restaurant opened only few blocks from here. I wonder if you...” now it was Jinki’s turn who seemed nervous, “you know, maybe want to have dinner with me now and then we can eat these chocolate bunnies together”

“hyung...” Kibum breathed. “I...”

“I really like you too” Jinki smiled and it was cute because they both were blushing now, “so, do you want to have a dinner with me?”

Kibum smiled, cheeks were still blushing in pink as he nooded shyly, “yes, i do. I’d love to”

Jinki reached Kibum’s hand softly and held it tight as they walked leaving the library, looked more in love than before.

For Kibum, that was the best valentine’s day he ever had.

------