Bicycle Bell Ring

onkey ficlets

Lee Jinki started stealing Gwiboon’s attention since she was seven. Since gwiboon cried over her brother for not taking her to play along with his friends. Little Gwiboon wanted her brother, Jonghyun to tag her along bicycling. Since Jonghyun was able to ride bycicle, he rode it around with bunch of his friends and that one day Gwiboon wanted Jonghyun to tag her on.

“I can sit in the back, you have a passanger chair on your bicycle” Gwiboon said to her brother angrily, not very happy. Jonghyun was picked up by his friends, they were waiting for him in front of the house already.

“You are gonna be a burden for me. Just go play your dolls inside, gwi...” Jonghyun told her as he started moving, leaving little gwiboon who was just about to cry.

“I’ll tell Mom!!” she screamed, stomping her feet but Jonghyun didn’t hear her, too busy laughing with his bicycling friends.

Gwiboon gripped her stuffed toy, looking at her brother who was slowly disappearing from her sight, her own brother who  had dared to leave her. She sobbed quietly as she wiped off her tears.

“Come, i’ll take you”

She heard someone and she stopped crying, looking over and saw him, that eight years old Lee Jinki on his black bicycle. She knew him as one of Jonghyun friends. She saw him with Jonghyun many times, playing marble, flying kites in the field in the park, or just playing video games in her home when it’s raining outside.

“come on, sit here quickly” he patted a chair behind him, “don’t you want to go after your brother, do you?”

Gwiboon’s eyes brighten with the idea of her over taking her brother with Jinki. She would love to see her brother face when she sends him her tounge as they pass him. Throwing her stuffed toy on the floor, she ran to him and immediately took a seat behind him.

Yes, he’s Jinki. Gwiboon knew his name because Jonghyun called him so. And right now, Jinki paddled his bicycle fast and she’s sure in no time they would surpass Jonghyun and his friends.

“What if Jonghyun will be angry?” suddenly she asked, “that dinosaur doesnt want to tag me along. if i’m coming, he must take care of me rather than play around with his friends”

Jinki slowly braked his bicycle and turned his head to look at Gwiboon over his shoulder, sending her a reassuring smile. “he won’t, “ he said, “I’ll be the one who take care of you anyway”

Gwiboon couldn’t help but smiled back at him. Suddenly she felt so happy after what her brother had done to her

“Now, hold onto my waist tightly,” he said as he started to paddle the bicycle and gwiboon did as he told. Only when she felt the bicycle moving faster, she initially pressed her cheek on Jinki’s back, not only just simply wrapping her hands around him but also hugging him tightly from behind.

She smiled over the warm of Jinki’s body despite of the cold breeze crossing over her face. She could imagine how is her brother’s face going to look when he saw her, thinking she would ruin his play time. She was sure Jonghyun would try to get her out of his play zone or probably would ignore her all the time. But she didn’t need Jonghyun to take care of her. She knew Jonghyun wouldn’t act nice to her, he had never been a good brother for her after all. But at least, with Jinki there by her side, she had him taking care of her now, and by just thinking about it, she felt safe.