Getting To Know

The Love I Wanted

I still don't understand it. I won't push it. But why do I even care what he does?

 

---

 

Sunyoung's POV

"He added me on Facebook yesterday," I told Hana at lunch while we were at Starbucks.

She looked at me in a quizzical way. "He who?"

"The guys yesterday? The one who passed in front of us in class?"

She looked like she stopped breathing for a moment before she made this oh-I-remember face. "Ohhhhh! Him..."

I nodded. "Yeah. Him."

"He added me, too."

"So did he add you too in the group?"

She nodded without looking up at her phone. "Well, he seems like a leader or something. Do you think he's trying to be a vampire? I mean, like those students who try to impress?"

"I've thought of that last night." I shrugged. "But I guess I really don't know. I don't know the guy."

Hana nodded in agreement.

We waited for our food to arrive. I had my book open while Hana was on her phone, texting as usual. Then she put her phone to her ears and started speaking. Hm. I didn't even hear the phone ring. It was probably on vibrate.

I wanted so bad to concentrate on the book I was reading, but Hana's voice was so distracting that I just had to sit back and watch her talk to her boyfriend.

I analyzed Hana. Hana is a very nice girl. She's a good friend too. But the first time I saw her, I wasn't expecting her to be the girl who would have a boyfriend. Especially a boyfriend of 5 years.

Don't get me wrong. Most guys nowadays are only after a girl's face. If she's pretty, they easily fall in love. If the girl is nice and kind, they don't even bother to notice her. I think girls are the ones most friendzoned in the world.

So, my point is: Hana isn't that pretty. But she has a boyfriend.

Okay, I'm not judging her. It's just that it's true. Honestly, I think I look better than her. So why does she have a boyfriend? Does that mean her boyfriend is a true man who base his love life on attitude than looks?

Well, if that's the case, Hana is one lucky girl.

And I backtrack to my thoughts, and now I'm starting to doubt myself. Why am I even thinking of this?

"Sunyoung?"

I looked up to see Hana's worried face. "Yeah?"

"You look flushed."

I catch my breath and cover up by laughing. "Oh, I was just daydreaming. That's all. Where's the food?"

"So you were daydreaming too much that you didn't notice your cheesecake served in front of you?" 

I looked at where Hana pointed on the table, and true enough, my cheesecake was already there. "Oh. Sorry. Yeah, daydreaming too much. Hahaha." I literally said hahaha.

 

---

 

After Starbucks, we went back to the campus for our next class. Hana and I waited outside the room while the class before is is still inside.

I just stood up with my back on the wall while Hana sat on the ground beside me.

"I suddenly got lazy," Hana declared.

"Don't. It's just the second day."

I heard Hana sigh.

While waiting, I looked to my right to see that the Multimedia Arts' bulletin board was just beside me. I walked over to see things there: professors' schedules, new artworks by some students, and the major's Student Council.

"Hmm... I don't know much of our student council..." I said absent-mindedly as I scanned form bottom to top.

"Me neither," Hana replied.

I got my way up to the top up to the president. 

And as I saw it, I was shocked.

"Byun Baekhyun's our president???" I hissed.

Hana immediately scrambled to stand up. And when she did, she went beside me and saw what I was looking at. "Woah..." she breathed. "So that's why he's being leader-like."

"I know..." I replied back.

"Hey peeps!"

Hana and I circled around to see Du Gyuri, one of our "college buddies". "Oh hey, Gyuri."

She had both arms around my neck and Hana's neck. "What are you guys looking at?"

"Did this Byun Baekhyun add you?" Hana asked.

"He's already my friend," she replied.

"You know him?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"I didn't know he's our president," I chimed in.

"Ohhhh..." Gyuri nodded and laughed. "So? What's the problem?"

I shook my head. "Nothing, really."

"He's in the same batch as you," she said.

My eyes widened. "Seriously?? And he's already president??? Come on! I mean, so that means I can be president too??"

They both laughed at me. I don't even know why. "Of course you can," Hana replied. "That is, if you can be president of something in our department. You'd have to boot Baekhyun out of his place." And they both continued to laugh.

"Not funny guys..."

This Byun Baekhyun guy is starting to become interesting to me.

 

 

Baekhyun's POV

Finally! Last class of the day.

I sit outside the room with Chanyeol and the others as we waited for our next and final class.

"Hey, Baekhyun!" 

I looked up from tinkering with my DSLR camera and saw Du Gyuri coming our way. She's a nice girl. She always stick around me and my buds without even feeling left out since we're all guys. I just don't like how she hits me when she's super excited.

She sits beside me.

"Hi, Gyuri."

"So how's your photographing hobby?"

"Going well. How's the sketching?"

She took out from her bag her small sketch book and opened it in front of me. Gyuri is an amazing artist. She can draw perfect sketches of peeople without having to look at a model. And in front of me now was a perfect imitation of Taylor Swift on a paper. "Still practicing."

"Seriously. You don't believe in your works."

"But they look so wrong."

"How can they look so wrong when it looks so perfect?"

She sighed and shrugged.

From afar, a voice suddenly called Gyuri. "Oi Gyuri!"

We both looked up to see the two girls yesterday, the ones whom I passed in front of. The one who called her was the girl busy with her phone. The girl who looked at me, Sunyoung,  was looking at the opposite side of the hallway.

"Hi Hana! Hi Sunyoung!" Then she started tapping me. "Oh! Did you know? She couldn't believe you're our student council president."

"Who?"

She pointed at Sunyoung. "Her. She was looking at the bulletin board and saw your ugly face. And she was like, 'Really? He's the president?' Yada yada." Then she laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing." Then she bumped her shoulders with mine. "Ayieeee~ Someone's got a fan!"

I frowned. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh you'll see. You can thank me later!"

I don't know what she wanted to mean, but I guess it's a bit intriguing why Sunyoung was so shocked to know I'm president.

Wow. I call her by name. I don't even know her.

Maybe I need to know her more.