Unfamiliar

The Love I Wanted

I don't want it. I think it's useless. I feel the heebie-jeebies when some couples call each other honey or baby. It's digusting. Can someone please tell me that love isn't really necessary, please?

 

----

 

Sunyoung's POV

Holding hands. Sitting side by side. Girl's head on guy's shoulders. Laughing. 

"Oh, honey, don't worry. You'll be the only one," the guys said.

"Really? Promise?" 

"Yes."

Then they kissed.

In a public bus.

I knew that was going to happen. So before they even smooch in front of me, I turned my gaze to my other side while I was clutching on the bus's safety hand rails. I don't want to see any bit of what the couple sitting in front of me might do next.

Couples these days, really. They don't give any damn about any other people, even of they're in a public place. I mean, come on. Damn it. Get some space. There are kids in the bus.

I got one hand holding on to the straps of my backpack. The traffic along the main roads are getting very twisted. I've been stuck in traffic for quite a while now. And I only have 30 minutes left before my first class begins.

"So, where are we going to go tonight?" As much as I've already hated this couple, I can't help but eavesdrop on them. Not that I want to. It's just that they're in front of me. And they're voices are so loud.

"Where do you wanna go, baby?"

Ew.

"I don't know, love. Where do you wanna go?"

Seriously?

"How about my place?"

Typical.

"That sounds fun..."

Oh brother.

I think I might suffocate any time soon. But thank the gods in the sky, the traffic jam had started to ease up, and the bus was already rolling on it's way to campus. I can finally leave these two alone.

The bus stopped finally in front of the gates of Seoul University. As a college student, I mainly try to be punctaul in my classes. It's not like those high school anymore that you can be late or something. College is different. And it's hell.

I walked inside the school gates as I checked my watch. 15 minutes left.

Walking...

Walking...

"Hey, Sunyoung!"

I turned to see Lee Hana running up beside me. She's not my best friend. She's jsut a close friend whom I met at college. In short, she's like my college buddy.

"Oh hey," I replied. 

"Let's go," she told me as she grabbed me by my elbow. "We'll be late for class."

She's my classmate by the way in my first class.

And the next.

And the next one.

It was the first day of a new semester. A lot of students were frantically checking which rooms they were in. Some didn't even bother. Some bothered a lot that they bothered others to the fullest.

We arrived at the classroom, thankful that there were still no professor inside. But there sure were already students. Hana and I sat beside each other as we waited for the professor to arrive.

"Ey, Baekhyun!" someone shouted from somewhere.

A guy suddenly walked in front of me. "Excuse me." He smiled and passed by.

"Seriously," Hana started as we both trained our eyes at that guy. "Did he really have to pass by infront of us? I think the room's too big to be walked around."

I just shrugged. Hana is quiet. But when she sees something quite unusual, she says it out. But I don't mind really.

Hana was already texting on her phone, but my eyes were still on the guy. He doesn't look familiar. I don't even remember seeing him in the past few semesters here at Seoul University. If he's from a different major, I'd understand. But the class was only for the major I had, Multimedia Arts. So he probably is from that major too.

"Is he new?" I asked Hana. "I don't recall him anywhere here."

Hana looked up from her phone. "Who?"

I cocked my head to the guy who passed by me. He was already chatting with some of our classmates, so probably he really did is from my major. I just wasn't aware.

"That guy. The one who passed by me?"

"Oh, him?" She returned to her phone. "I don't know him either."

I wonder who that could be?

But never mind. I won't bother myself thinking of that someone I don't even know. It's a waste.

 

 

Baekhyun's POV

It's good to be back to school. It's been a while since I've been back to school. If it weren't for the lack of money, I think I would have finished this major a year ago.

But no. Of course life isn't full of sweets and sugar.

Park Chanyeol was the first one to greet me as soon as I entered the room.

"Ey, Baekhyun!"

I smiled gingerly and walked towards him and my other friends. I walked in front of this two girls. I don't even know why I walked in front of them when I can just go to the other side. 

But I did.

"Excuse me." I smiled. The other girl was using her phone. But the other girl looked up at me in a casual way and made me pass in front of them. I don't even know how I noticed those things that far.

I sat beside Chanyeol and the others. 

"Welcome back, Baek," Kim Jongdae patted my back. "I thought Mr. President isn't ever going to come back."

"Yeah," Do Kyungsoo spoke. "We thought you're going to leave the Multimedia Arts Council running without a president."

"Of course not," I replied. "How can I do that?"

"Beside," Chanyeol quipped. "He was just away for 2 semesters."

"And so?" Kyungsoo asked sarcastically.

"And so," Chanyeol ended his unusual remark, and we all bursted out laughing.

Honestly, while we were talking, I felt like I was being stared at. I waited for our laughter to die, and I turned around to where I felt the staring came from.

It came from the girl I passed by.

But she isn't looking.

And it's only then that I realized I didn't know her nor recognize her. The girl with the phone, I do recognize. I think she's in a higher batch from ours. The girl beside her, no. I don't know her.

And I was supposed to be this major's Council President.

"Who's she?" I asked the guys quietly.

All of them looked up to where I pointed. If it were other guys, they'd point at the girl and embarrass me. But I knew my clique and they wouldn't embarrass me like that.

"Who?" Chanyeol asked.

"That girl with the long hair?" Jongdae asked another.

I nodded.

Both Chanyeol and Jongdae shook their heads. "I don't know her," Chanyeol said.

"But we do see her a lot here," Jongdae added.

"That's Noh Sunyoung."

We all looked at Kyungsoo. "You know her?"

He nodded. "Yeah. She's my groupmate before. We kind of have met and known each other."

Chanyeol elbowed Kyungsoo playfully. "So, Kyungsoo! Making the moves huh?"

"What the hell?"

They all laughed.

"Is she new here?" I continued to ask. I don't even know why I ask.

"I think she's a transferee. And I think she's in the same batch as you."

Same batch as me? Interesting.

The topic of the girl had died and the guys moved on to another topic. I guess I had move on with that topic too and had forgotten about the girl already.

 

 

Sunyoung's POV

I can't believe I'm tired on the first day.

As soon as I came home, I went to my bedroom to check on my Facebook. I don't really quite use my facebook a lot. But my first period teacher had made a group for the announcements he wanted to make. 

And so I was in Facebook account that night.

But I didn't know how to find my professor's group. 

Sighs.

I PMed Hana, who appeared to be only on her mobile.

Do you know the groups at our first period?

A few minutes later, she replied back.

No. 

I sighed.

How are we supposed to know the announcements?

I waited for Hana's reply.

Hahahaha I dunno XD

I frowned. Somtimes Hana can be too carefree.

And just as I was about to give up, a red notification reminder suddenly popped up on those icons at the top right. I checked immediately what it was.

And it was a friend request.

From the guy earlier.

Byun Baekhyun.

So that's his name...

I wonder why he added me...

But then my question was answered a few moments later when another notification popped up. The account Byun Baekhyun was inviting me to join a group!

Hallelujah!

So this Byun Baekhyun's a leader, huh? That's nice.

I wondered if he did add some of the others to invite to the group. Should I invite Hana or should I let him do it?

Haha. I dunno.