Cucumber Water

Lost

Backstage 10 minutes before the performance

Author’s POV

Hyemi finally finished piecing together all twelve costumes, all of them including 2 costume changes inbetween their songs. Comeback showcases are always highly anticipated for showing off the idol’s good looks and talents after all.

She glanced over the pieces one last time before yelling, “OKAY READY. FIRST MEMBER PLEASE ENTER.”

After 10 minutes, it's finally the last person's turn.

The door opens and it’s Suho.

“Hi Hyemi-ssi.”

Hyemi’s face pinks at his greeting. She quickly bows and motions for him to hurry over. Together they quickly finish the costume change.

“Ah, I have to style your hair. So please don’t move!” Hyemi squeaks.

Suho chuckles, “Okay! And thanks for doing this.”

Hyemi lets out a light laugh, “Thank me? I should be thanking you! Because of you guys Unnie gets a job!”

Suho looks at Hyemi in the mirror. He notices how calm she is and how diligent she is with her work.

“And what about you? Aren’t you a coordi as well?”

“Hmm? Me? Oh no. I’m just here to help Hyeri unnie. Her partner bailed last minute, but thankfully she taught me everything last year so here I am!”

“Oh, that’s nice of you. What do you do then?”

“Hold onto that thought. Here hold this can of hairspray for a second.”

A cold metal can is shoved into his hands and Suho is swirled around in his chair. Now he’s facing Hyemi and with reasons that are unknown he flushes.

Hyemi’s squatting so that her arms are just an inch above his forehead. She expertly parts his hair and secures different sections of his hair into a cool looking up-do.

“Okay, hair spray please! Oh and close your eyes!!”

Suho chuckles and nods.

“There all done! Please send in the next member! Oh and there’s cucumber water in the back. Drink some before you go on stage okay? It’s good for your throat. Suho-ssi fighting!”

Suho’s  touched by her encouragement.

“Thank you!”

He gets up and walks out, a cup of cucumber water in hand.

~~~
Suho's POV

"Hyung! What is that?" Jongdae

"This? Oh. It's cucumber water. Hyemi-ssi gave it to me."

"WHAT?! HOW COME?!"

"W-What?"

All eleven heads turned and are glaring at me.

"We didn't get any!!"

Chanyeol narrows his eyes and points at me. 

"You are the enemy."

"What. What the heck Chanyeol, what are you talking about?"

"Back in the dressing room I asked Hyemi-ssi who her bias was and do you know what she said?!"

"No?"

"SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T HAVE ONE YET. AND YET YOU GOT SPECIAL WATER."

"You guys.. it was on the back table and she pointed it out to me when I was leaving. Are you guys sure you just weren't paying attention to what she was saying?"

Silence. That's all I get. Until Sehun steps out of the room and just as quickly sets back in.
"I GOT CUCUMBER WATERRRRR~"

And all hell broke loose.

I sat down and muttered to myself until the door opened again and out came a very flustered Hyemi.

"Are you okay?"

Hyemi looks at me, her expression suggests that she is dumbfounded, is slightly open and she looks amused yet shocked.

"Suho-ssi, how do you deal with so much energy. I think they're louder than Hyeri Unnie."

I chuckle and motion for her to come sit down.

"They're a crazy bunch. Sometimes i think they're all five years old, but they're worth my patience. They can be mature when needed."

"Ah, I see. Hm. You really are as nice as everyone says. Maybe even more motherly than the rumors though."

I was Caught offguard by the... compliment? Yeah compliment. So what did I do? I choke on my cucumber water.

"WHOA. ARE YOU OKAY?" 

I nod and choke even harder after trying to say yes.

Hyemi freaks out and starts patting my back.

"Don't talk! Breathe! Drink more water!"

"Did you just call Hyung motherly?" 

The boys have comeback and are now staring at me and Hyemi. 

Hyemi turns pink and again we can hear her mutter under her breath.
"Crap did I say something outloud again?! Why why why."

"Hyemi-ssi, are the boys ready?" Manager Hyung asks.

"Yes they are!"

"Great! BOYS LINE UP NOW. FIVE MINUTES UNTIL SHOWTIME."

Whoots and hollers erupt and the eleven boys slowly slip out of the room.

"So, I have to go now. Thanks for helping us today."

"Hm? No thank you! Thanks for helping me find Unnie."

"Hyemi-ssi, if we ever run into each other again in the future don't run away from us okay?"

"I wasn't! I mean.. ugh." Hyemi stutters, "I was just suprised. I mean i honestly didn't expect to see you guys here. To be honest, I am a really big fan. But anyways, hurry and go! Go have fun and rock the stage! Fighting!" 

"Thank you Hyemi-ssi. Are you going to watch?"

"Ah, actually i'm leaving after you go on stage. So go go hurry! Don't keep all of your fans waiting!"

"Okay, okay. I'll see you later then, I hope."

Hyemi smiles at me, "Yeah maybe. If Unnie ever needs help again, I'll come and hopefully not get lost again."

"Well, if you do and if you do get lost again, don't worry. I'll find you."

"CHANYEOL GET BACK IN HERE. AND SUHO WHERE ARE YOU?"Said a deep voice.

"COMING HYUNG! COME ON SUHO HYUNG! BYE HYEMI SEE YOU LATER! CHEER FOR ME! NOT SUHO HYUNG!"

"YAH PARK CHANYEOL GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW."

"Bye! HAVE FUN!" Hyemi shouts at us, and that's the last time I see her as Chanyeol pulls me towards the stage.