Unnie

Lost

“Agasshi, why do you look so scared?” Baekhyun questions, “You’re face just turned super white.”

I fidget with the handle of makeup box as words fly through my mind. How do I explain this.

“Well… let’s just say Unnie can be a very impatient person. *cough* Even when it’s her fault.”

I hear someone chuckling. Crud did they hear me again? I need to work on being more discreet.

“Hmm, I don’t think you’ll get into too much trouble. I mean you were lost too and at least we found each other! Now we can all be found!” Suho cheerily responds. He flashes a smile at me and let me tell you, I feel faint- as in very, very faint.

Christ. Do these boys not realize how much they should not do that to girls? I mean really.

“Ah, Chen-ssi, did your manager tell you when they would be here?” I ask, trying my best not to stutter or look at any of them.

Someone makes a whining noise which causes me to look up. And lo and behold, there Chanyeol is freaking pouting in my direction. My eyes go wide at the sight, going against my mind’s order of not to show any expression.

“Why are you still scared of usss?? We’re not that scary are we?” whined Chanyeol.

“How am I supposed to answer that when you’re pouting? You look like a sad puppy and it makes me want to cry.”

The hall turns silent. It takes me a few seconds before I realized that I said it outloud. Crap. I really need to work on not talking to myself.

I thought this would cause some really awkward tension to rise but instead I’m greeted with the biggest and cheekiest smile I have ever encountered in my 19 years of existence.

Chanyeol’s face shining so brightly that I might need to wear sunglasses for the rest of the day. I honestly don’t know what to do with myself anymore.

Then right before anyone can say anything mildly embarrassing, the faint sound of running footsteps echo into our surroundings.

“KIM. HYEMI. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? IF YOU CAN HEAR ME STAY PUT. I SWEAR IF YOU MOVE EVEN HALF A CENTIMETER. UGH. STAY HYEMI STAY.”

Exo’s looking at me again; some with slightly amused faces and some with slightly worried expressions.

I huff, wow my pride is gone. Crushed in under 15 minutes. “UNNIE. WE’RE OVER HERE.”

The footsteps stop for a second before resuming; now it sounds louder as they get closer to where we are.

“BOYS!” Someone shouts out. I assume it’s Exo’s manager.

“HYEMI!” Unnie screams, shattering our quite atmosphere, “GOD WHAT HAPPENED. I SENT YOU BACK OUT 15 MINUTES AGO. WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL ME?”

Annnddd here comes the explosion. This goes on for 30 seconds, just endless screaming and random spouts of angry noises. I can’t focus on her screaming though, I’m just looking past her at Exo to see if they were leaving or not.

Unnie finally calms down and sighs. “I’m sorry. I should have taken you to the room first. I know reception is awful here. BUT THANK GOD THE STAGE WAS PUSHED BACK. NOW COME ON WE HAVE TO GO.”

She pulls on my arm and as we push past Exo hastily, she turns her head and yells out, “THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AFTER HER. WE’LL SEE YOU GUYS IN 5 MINUTES!”

I whip my head towards hers as we run down the hall, “Wait. What do you mean we’ll see them in 5 minutes?”

Unnie just stares at me like I’m the stupidest person she’s ever seen before answering, “Hyemi. I am a coordi. Coordis handle the makeup and costume changes. What did you think?”

“Well thanks captain obvious, but why would we see them? Aren’t you helping a rookie group?” I scoff.

She shoots me another look, “Did you bump your head while you were lost? Hello! EXO IS THE ROOKIE GROUP.”

“WHAT?! BUT THEY’VE BEEN PERFORMING FOR HALF A YEAR ALREADY.”

“OH MY GOSH THEY’RE STILL ROOKIES.”

“AUGH. MY DIGNITY.”

Unnie scoffs, “WHAT DIGNITY. I MEAN WHEN I SAW YOUR FACE YOU WERE BASICALLY OGLING AT THEM. I DON’T THINK YOU WERE BORN WITH ANY. NOW WILL YOU PLEASE RUN FASTER. THEIR STAGE IS IN 25 MINUTES. THAT LEAVES ME WITH 10 MINUTES TO DO 12 PEOPLE’S FACES AND 5 MINUTES FOR YOU TO DRESS AT LEAST 6 OF THEM. DO NOT MESS THIS UP FOR ME, HYEMI-AH, PLEASE.”

…My day is about to get a whole lot more interesting.