Home is where the family is

Home is where you find it

Taehyung may not have inherited any sort of powers from his mother but he always knew things. It was the reason why he was so good with numbers, counting the number of times he bites his tongue or exactly how old he wanted his children to be in the future. He was always good at math even back in outer space, shining above all the other children in school. So he knew they had a good chance at winning in the Golden Disk Award, but that still didn't stop him from getting emotional. Like how every time he bit his tongue it still hurt a little bit or how he still got giddy when he imagined his future.

 

It hurt smiling when he saw his mom come closer and closer. Taehyung knew that proper decorum dictated that his mom was going to give RapMon the prize and then walk away. Taehyung made eye-contact pleading. 'Omma, I did it. Aren't you proud?'

 

Baekhyun shook his hand and gave the other side a quick slap. Ever since he was young, Taehyung always remembered his hand being covered by both of his mom's. It was a way he learned that let him know he was safe. His mother had the power to do destructive things with his hands, the perfectly shaped fingers, that could easily end something. But they also had the immense capability to feel like home, to let Taehyung know everything was OK.

 

When he arrived on Earth after his mother's spaceship had crashed and his father went off to save the planet, he felt lost and confused. He had the address of both his father and mother but he wanted to do something for himself. His own parents who were always so in love with each other, hiding away from each other, seeing each other on stage but not once talking or going towards each other. So he went off to Daegu and wrote a letter to his parents saying that he too wanted to become an idol. Back in outer space he always loved hip-hop he was going to be a vocalist like them. After he achieved his goal he would meet them in person again. His father responded back with enthuasim and told him to write letters and to use FaceTime and Kakao. His mother was more apprehensive. Baekhyun knew full well of what the fans could say and how all your dreams could burn and crash but still, he didn't want to lose contact with his son.

 

Taehyung was always a happy boy, when he was on stage and saw Uncle Luhan singing along to his song he felt relieved. His Uncle liked his music, he knew all the words. The family wasn't broken. It reminded him of the video he found of his mother y dancing and how his Uncle Himchan hadn't lied.

 

(When Taehyung was four or so he asked Uncle Himchan who was babysitting him about how his parents met. Himchan snorted and said it was during a night out at a club in Exo. Baekhyun was doing a hip dance and gesturing for Daehyun to come over. “We all knew Daehyun was a goner. He kept repeating “If I don't talk to him by the end of this, kill me. If I don't talk to him, kill me.” needless to say he's still alive.”

 

After he arrived on Earth and got in contact with Uncle Himchan, Uncle Himchan mentioned that Baekhyun re-created the dance he did to capture Daehyun's attention. Uncle Himchan told him to look for the one where Baekhyun is wearing all white at a radio broadcast and to imagine it roughly ten thousand times ier. Taehyung did and for the first time in his life he felt himself actually frowning and depressed. There were some things people didn't need to know about their parents.)

 

As he was leaving the stage, Taehyung wished his father could have been there. Taehyung loved both of his parents equally but his father was such a defining figure for him. After Baekhyun's spaceship crashed and alerted them that going home would take a while Taehyung never saw Daehyun allow himself to cry in front of him. (Only late at night, when Taehyung would get up to use the bathroom or he couldn't sleep because what if his mom was gone forever, he would go and walk pass his parents' room and hear his father. His father, the epitome of silent and strong, weep more than a baby) It was why he said that he wanted to be like his father. His father who did nothing more than care for his children, listen to everything they say, helped them do whatever they wanted for the future, and get scolded by his wife. (Daehyun was the strong and silent type but after a while you saw the real him. Baekhyun once said to him. “Your father could con the off the high priestess if it meant getting what he wanted”)

 

s didn't know. s thought he was born in Daegu to parents who lived in Kojang. He was an alien but only because they didn't know how his brain worked most of the times. They blamed it on AB blood. Taehyung couldn't blame him, back home he acted so weird they called him an Earthling.

 

His personality did come in handy when he was left alone. Both his parents were on Earth and with no ways of communicating with him. Even if there was Taehyung wasn't sure if he would want to communicate with them. It would just make everything that much harder. So went about with daily life on Exo. His grandmother from Daehyun's side had come from Mato to take care of him. She spoke the Mato language with the equivalent of Daegu satoori. After his grandmother had decided to start learning Korean, it didn't shock Taehyung that Daegu satoori seemed to be her default. Taehyung learned how to smile and laugh without his parents.

 

Taehyung decided to leave for Earth for two reasons. One, he missed his parents and there was no set date for when they would return to outer space. Two, he wanted to try things on his own. If he stayed on Exo or Mato, he would always be his parents' son. Not that he wasn't proud to be his parents' son but he also wanted to be his own person. Try to see if he could survive, maybe even become a singer along the way. And to surprise, everything ended up working out perfectly.

 

The company had prepared a dinner in case the group won and they were all going there to celebrate. Taehyung wondered if he should tell them today that he was an actual alien. He had all the materials ready to prove in case they didn't believe him. Photos of outer space and videos of him. A family scrapbook that included pictures of Daehyun and Baekhyun looking exactly the same and himself as a baby, in case they needed an explanation of alien aging and what happens when you're a mix of different alien types. He wondered if they would reject him. They formed his new family while he was away from his own. They said they would always be there for their alien but would they want him as an actual alien?

 

The car ride to the company fluctuated between complete silence and complete hysteria. Everyone was either too in shock for actually won to be loud or they were too happy to have actually have won to be silent. Taehyung decided that now was the moment. If he didn't say it now, then he would never say it.

 

He waited for a moment when the car was silent. “Hey guys,” the Daegu satoori was coming on faster and stronger “you probably won't believe this but I'm an alien. Like an actual alien.”

 

The car continued silent until Jimin's laugther broke it off. “We know. We've been knowing for a while.”

 

“How?”

 

“One time when we were at the dorm, you were staring at a picture of you as a baby. What you forget that in that picture was your mom and dad. Or EXO's Baekhyun and B.A.P's Daehyun. And the company might have told us.” RapMon said.

“How did the company find out? I never told them. All my documents were forged by inter-galaxy immigration officers. There was no way they could have found out.”

 

Jin spoke up. “Your father, Daehyun-sunbaenim, is a really great guy. He came by one time when we were training and you had a stomach bug. He told the company everything and made them promised they wouldn't tell you or your mom. He basically threatened us.”

 

Taehyung remembered that day. He was laying in bed and was shocked to see his father there. He wondered if for a moment he was hallucinating or on some type of fever dream. Then he felt his father's hand on his forehead and giving him a vitamin drink. He had asked not to see each other but a father's instinct, Taehyung guessed, wasn't something that could be so easily stopped.

 

“So you guys knew all along...” Taehyung sighed

 

“Of course. We're family.” J-Hope said throwing an arm over Taehyung's shoulder. “By the way, why did your mom call me a good for nothing Gwangju rapper?”

 

“He did?” Taehyung feigned innocence. His mother was the master of the art of whispering loudly.

 

“Yeah, I don't think he did meant for it to be heard but I think every single artist and crew heard what he said.” J-Hope said.

 

“My mother can have moods sometimes. He means well really, it's just a bit of honesty problem he can have occasionally.”

 

“Either way, we're your family. Bangtan isn't a group, we're a family and we love each other even if you are an alien and Jimin has a serious medical condition when it comes to snoring.” RapMon said.

 

“Hey! Takes one to know one.” Jimin responded back.

 

Taehyung smiled, they were his real family, they may not be blood, but they were a real family.