Home is where the heart is

Home is where you find it

Baekhyun felt his heart almost leap out of his chest when they called out BTS. Taehyung worked so hard to achieve this, he put all the fears that he and Daehyun (OK, so it was mostly him with Daehyun every now and then) had about their son following into their Earthling footsteps. Baekhyun put a hand to his cheek in order to make sure he wasn't crying. If only the spaceship hadn't crashed, he would be able to raise Taehyung back in Exo. His son would have done great things, even if Daehyun wanted Taehyung to be in Mato following in the militairy footsteps of his Mato uncles.

 

A coordi-noona handed him the prize and told him to go and deliver it to BTS. Baekhyun felt himself being pushed to the front of the stage. Despite already it being two years (two years since the spaceship crashed, two years since he had been home. Bucheon was still a word that meant the farthest thing from home to him) he almost always freezes up on stage. The crowd, the noises, the lights that are too fake and nothing like his still scare him.

 

He gave the award to Namjoon and was off to walk away when Taehyung caught his eye. In those eyes, Baekhyun saw it. 'Omma, aren't you proud? I did it.' Baekhyun didn't care about the cameras or s or the fact that he was suppose to hand the award to Namjoon and then let the other members do their thing.

 

He shook hands with Taehyung making sure to cover Taehyung's hand completely the way he had done it ever since Taehyung was a baby. (Back in outer space, back in Exo and Mato while Daehyun sat on the floor with them just looking because ever since Baekhyun had met Daehyun, he knew that this was the moment Daehyun had waited for) and double checked to make sure the flowers that Chanyeol were handing over were in perfect condition before finally walking away.

 

'Stupid Daehyun' Baekhyun thought. He couldn't even come in person to see their son win. Yet, Baekhyun knew that Daehyun was watching from a TV. He wouldn't have missed it for the world, his love and his son together. Baekhyun hoped that one day Daehyun would be able to “meet” his son. To see the V that people around the world were seeing.

 

After the award ceremony was over he made his way to the B.A.P's dorm, he had already texted Daehyun letting him know that he wanted to see him, that he had to see him, before leaving. The other guys would understand, they had teased Baekhyun about “cuffing” (That was the first and last time Yifan ever taught anyone English) Daehyun before they had even arrived on Earth and even Zelo, it seemed was programmed to tease.

 

He raced up to the dorm and found Daehyun sitting on the chesterfield, re-playing the handshake scene again and again. On the table, there were various half-empty packs of snacks. Baekhyun sighed Daehyun, at the very least could have saved some snacks for him.

 

How were we? Did we do good?” Baekhyun asked coming closer to sit next to Daehyun on the chesterfield.

 

You both were amazing.” Daehyun opened his arms to let Baekhyun snuggle in closer to him. “Is Taehyungie not coming?”

 

No,” Baekhyun sighed. “He went to spend time with the group. Commerate their win. I still don't trust leaving him alone with that J-Hope.” Baekhyun spat out the name.

 

Daehyun laughed. “I don't think there are enough aliens on Earth. If Taehyung wanted to kiss a human so be it.”


“I'm not upset because he's a human I'm upset because he's J-Hope. I'm so proud of our son, I was so worried that something was going to go wrong. I wish we could take him back home.” Baekhyun said.

 

Daehyun bit his bottom lip and stared at the ground. Baekhyun instantly regretted what he said. Although, EXO could easily re-build a spaceship and travel back home (if they weren't so deep in this idol life and to be honest, Baekhyun actually enjoyed it) B.A.P couldn't. Although they acquired what enough energy to replace the Eu-Ak bird, the energy wasn't the same. Mato was still a broken planet, if they went back home, they wouldn't be able to recognize it. They wouldn't want to recognize it. Baekhyun couldn't blame them. When he went to Mato he was shocked by the planet, green and lush, even the cities seemed to be overflowing with flowers and nature. There wouldn't be enough trees left.

 

I wonder how BTS would react if they found out that their 'alien' is actually an alien.” Baekhyun said.

 

Daehyun brightened up. It was hard not to, when you were around Baekhyun. His power of light meant more than just blasts coming from his hand. His sunshine even affected your brain. “He's going to tell them eventually. He could be telling them right now. He didn't reveal it on a TV show like I did.”

 

Baekhyun snorted. “Do you have any idea of how scared I was? Sure everyone took it as a joke but I was so scared. What if someone discovered the truth? At least you guys don't have powers.”

 

Hey! Just because we don't have powers doesn't make us any less alien than you! We might not have powers but Mato's military plans are the best in the galaxy. Don't you remember how not even Exo could compare to us? I can only imagine Yongguk-hyung's reaction when he landed and discovered war movies.”

 

It can't be as mad as Suho's reaction when we landed and he discovered golf. I've never seen him weep like that before.”

 

Our son, he's going to be OK isn't he? He's going to win even more awards and he's going to tell s about his alien heritage and one day we're going to take him back home. My mom keeps saying how much she misses her grandson.” Daehyun said.

 

And what about my grandma who moved here to Earth? She always says how she lives so close by yet how we forget that Taehyung has a great-grandma and even my brother and his human wife visit her more.” Baekhyun said. But he wanted to take Taehyung home as well. Taehyung had arrived on Earth a few months after Baekhyun and Daehyun. It must have been hard for him living alone during those months in Exo. He was Taehyung, the son of one of Mato's most respected military agents and his superpowered husband from Exo. Baekhyun had been so scared that when the spaceship crashed and for a few days everyone back home thought they were dead that Taehyung and Daehyun would believe it. He couldn't fathom how strong they must have been during those moments.

 

We should visit her more. We'll take Taehyung to see her this weekend. And then we'll go to Busan. I need to teach him how to infuse the Mato language with Satoori.” Daehyun said leaning his head back.

 

Baekhyun playfully hit his chest. “Why? So I really don't understand what you two start saying?” Baekhyun leaned into Daehyun's chest and pressed the play button again. Taking in the sight of his son and him re-united again on this strange planet where people praised them and wanted their happiness and how this home wasn't Exo and it would never will be.

 

But it was still a home.