Home is something you provide

Home is where you find it

Daehyun wished he could have been at the Golden Disk Awards, it would have made everything perfect. It would be the first time he, Baekhyun, and Taehyungie were all together again. Of course, they've been at the same music shows but it wasn't the same. Music shows you were all spread out, at the GDK everyone was in close contact with one another.

 

So he settled for the second best thing; watching it on TV. (He wondered when watching your husband and son on TV was the second best when back when Taehyung was still a baby he would rush home from work and walk in on his husband giving their son a bottle. How could have lowered his standards so much) He bought plenty of snacks and the members would come and go. They were curious about the performances as idols and as uncles they wanted to make sure Taehyung was OK. Zelo may have been a robot but Yongguk had also programmed him to be a caring uncle.

 

He was glad he was home alone when Baekhyun handed Taehyungie the award. He admitted it, he cried. He cried, he did a lot of crying when it came to his family. (When EXO won their awards, when EXO got past a million albums sold, when BTS debuted, when BTS started wining awards, when V said that “Daehyun-sunbaenim is the dad and Baekhyun-sunbaenim is the mom” on TV) because his son was growing up. His son was the best rookie in all of Korea. When he saw Baekhyun quickly, ever so quickly slap Taehyungie's hands together he lost it.

 

(Daehyun still remembered the first time Baekhyun took Taehyung's hands. Taehyung was eight days old and Baekhyun began playing with the lights using his power and Taehyung got scared. Baekhyun rushed over and engulfed Taehyung's hands to show that “Mommy can't hurt you, Mommy can't hurt you”

 

Daehyun, despite all these years, only saw Baekhyun's hands as the first time he saw him at that nightclub in Exo. Baekhyun moving around his hips, using those hands to gesture for Daehyun to come over. Daehyun was a goner. Every time he sees EXO perform live, he swears Baekhyun is teasing him because it makes Daehyun want to go back to their wild early dating days)

 

Daehyun vowed that when this comeback comes out that he would run into V. He would acknowledge his son in public and even if for that brief moment, he would feel a bit of himself complete. He never had the chance to meet V but he was excited, he could tell that his son loved singing as much as his parents did.

 

He decided to replay it countless times, imaging himself in the picture with his family. Baekhyun texted him telling that he would be over soon and not to worry about the other members. Daehyun settled himself down even more so on the couch and began to re-watch the scene yet again.

 

(In the midst of all the re-watches it occurs to him how much it hurts. How truly raw and painful the hurt is. He still thinks of the first time he held Taehyung in his hands and how small and fragile he was. Neither he or Baekhyun were particular beasts of men but Taehyung was so much smaller and now he's taller and winning awards and he doesn't need his parents anymore)

 

s quietly left the dorm one by one and soon Daehyun could hear Baekhyun entering the dorm and starting to walk in his direction, after all these years being together Daehyun could sense Baekhyun half a planet away. (Baekhyun, the person that causes Daehyun to bring up marriage and kids in every interview, Baekhyun the person who gave Daehyun more than he could ever want or need, Baekhyun the person who Daehyun would never stop loving no matter what)

 

“How were we? Did we do good?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“You both were amazing.” Daehyun opened his arms to let Baekhyun snuggle in closer. He was so proud of his husband. “Is Taehyungie not coming?”

 

“No,” Baekhyun let out a sigh and Daehyun braced himself for what was coming. “He went to spend time with the group. Commemorate their win. I still don't trust leaving him alone with that J-Hope.” And there it was, the infamous J-Hope comment.

 

Daehyun couldn't help but laugh, he was actually quite fond of J-Hope and thought he was a talented kid. “I don't think there are enough aliens on Earth. If Taehyung wanted to kiss a human so be it.”

 

“I'm not upset because he's a human, I'm upset because he's J-Hope. I'm so proud of our son, I was so worried that something was going to go wrong. I wish we could take him back home.”


Daehyun bit his bottom lip and stared at the floor. Every once in a while he and the group will talk about going back to Mato but they know they still don't have the courage to see their home only half-alive.

 

“I wonder how BTS would react if they found out their 'alien' is an actual alien.”


Daehyun smiled. Baekhyun could never see anyone be sad for too long, he was meant for happiness. The light he had wasn't just in his fingertips, it was in every atom of his being. “He's going to tell them eventually. He could be telling them right now. He didn't reveal it on a TV show like I did.”

 

“Do you have any idea of how scared I was? Sure everyone took it as a joke but I was so scared. What if someone discovered the truth? At least you guys don't have powers.”

 

“Hey! Just because we don't have powers doesn't make us any less alien than you! We might not have powers but Mato's military plans are the best in the galaxy. Don't you remember how not even Exo could compare to us? I can only imagine Yongguk-hyung's reaction when he landed and discovered war movies.”

 

“It can't be as bad as Suho's reaction when we landed and he discovered golf. I've never seen him weep like that before.”

 

“Our son he's going to be OK isn't he? He's going to win even more awards and he's going to tell s about his alien heritage and one day we're going to take him back home. My mom keeps saying how much she misses her grandson.” Daehyun said.

 

“And what about my grandma who moved here to Earth? She always says how she lives so close by yet we forget that Taehyung has a great-grandma and that my brother and his human wife visit her more.” Baekhyun said.

 

Daehyun smiled at the thought of Baekhyun's grandmother. She was a real spitfire, moving to Earth all by herself figuring that if her grandson, grandson-in-law and great-grandson could do it so could she. Daehyun has still yet to visit her and give formal greetings. When he, Baekhyun, and Taehyung do go to visit her, he'll probably get beaten by her slipper.

 

“We should visit her more. We'll take Taehyung to see her this weekend. And then we'll go to Busan. I need to teach him how to infuse the Mato language with Satoori.” Daehyun had great love towards his Earthly hometown, he was the only one to land in Busan due to a freak spaceship accident and fell in love with the city. The Busan satoori reminded him greatly of the native dialect of his Mato language and soon he invented a new way of speaking, a perfect blend of satoori and Mato.

 

“Why? So I really don't understand what you two start saying?” Baekhyun leaned into Daehyun's chest and pressed the play button. Daehyun smiled. Baekhyun never really got a strong grip on the Mato language, only mangaging the basic greetings and asking how much things cost. (Daehyun will never confess this to Baekhyun, but Daehyun was well aware that on their wedding day Baekhyun in what he thought was a secret moment leaned over to Daehyun's parents and said in careful Mato that he was thankful that they created his soul mate)

 

Daehyun pressed Baekhyun closer to him. He was well aware of what s, his brother-in-laws and even the fans say about his biological clock. Everyone knows how much Daehyun wants to get married and have a ton of children and Daehyun can't help but express what he feels. Back in Mato he had it all, the life he always wanted to have, a husband and a son that seemed to be something out of a dream he wasn't worthy to have.

 

But that was the best thing about home; it wasn't set in any location or time but instead something that could be brought with you.