Migraine

He Loves the Rain -indefinite hiatus-
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

---

 

They say this was going to be a welcome party sort of for that new dude. But why does it seem like a farewell party to my sanity and mental endurance? What is wrong with that bastard? He was trying to hog everyone at the same time? What does he take us for? How can such a bastard kid make Siwan into such a hopeless fool? What's so great about him other than being tall, goodlooking, always cheerful and perfect in singing, dancing and everything? Siwan always take everyone that could threaten his position as CEO's favourite trainee as his rival, not his 'friends'. Huh, I guess he's just spellbound by anything plain and annoying like that kid that he couldn't even differentiate anymore between rivals and friends. Whatever Siwan, whatever. 

I don't know why stupid Junyoung is so insistent on having me here considering I serve no purpose anyway while they're all having fun amongst themselves. They don't need me. So, why force me? Well, I'll just come up with something so that I can leave...maybe I should set the time to, ten minutes later? Yeah, that way, it wouldn't be too obvious.


"Yah, Kwanghee Hyung, why are you too quiet today? Don't you have any new jokes for me to use on my friends?"

"Minwoo, are you already drunk? How much have you been drinking?"

"What? I'm just asking for your jokes. Why are you assuming I'm drunk?"

"You hated my jokes. You guys always say they're not funny. So, why would you be asking unless you're drunk?"

"Hyung...I tried them on my friends, complete with the expressions you did and they laughed like crazy. They even praised that I've become funnier than before!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. So, work on more so that I can use it. I'm having a gathering with my school friends and I think they'll be expecting...you know...more funny stuffs."

"Uhuh."

Think on your own then, you bastard.

They never approved any of my joke ideas, and always agreeing to our managers and Boss whenever those old men who couldn't understand any humour dismissed my jokes and told me to come up with better ones. They never sided with me, not even once. Even when it was really hard to come up with something that would be considered funny to be presented to the crowd. Being funny is not something that comes naturally for me. Yet, I have to take on this burden because this is the position assigned to me if I want to debut in this team. Because other positions have been filled already. So, no matter how hard, I need to make it work. I have to debut with them. With Siwan.

 

"I'm counting on you then, Kwanghee Hyung!"

And he ran back and crashed at the other table's corner, arms sprawled on Heecheol's chips. He's gonna get an earful for that for sure. Heecheol wasn't even a cold, naggy grumpy kid he is now. But he embraced his role successfully. He even said he liked that his role is actually cool and would definitely attract girls.

Unlike mine.

I don't even want to know where or what that bastard were up to now with Siwanie. They were here just now with that awkward odd duck. Now, they're no longer there, probably went to the toilet together because that Park kid is too afraid to go alone and needs company. What a girly spoilt brat.

If I was the one behaving that way, Siwan would've scolded me already for being so clingy. Of course he would. The only question is, why wouldn't he scold Hyungsik the same way when that kid is way worse and clingy than myself?

But how come that bastard left his so-called Hyung-that-he-knows-all-about odd duck alone with those crazy drunk kids? One moment he's being so clingy to that odd duck and another moment he disappeared with Siwan. Huh. Greedy punk.


Is it ten minutes already? Ugh, I forgot to check the time just now. Great.


"Everyone, please give attention."

 

Seriously, Junyoung, do you have to knock the glasses together to gain the attention of...less than nine people for now over here? Does he think we'd have enough money to pay if he broke those glasses by accident? Why is he so excited anyway?

"Today we got a new member, Kevin. Do you guys agree that he should sing for us?"

"Uhm, I don't think..."

"Yeah, sing for us! Siwanie Hyung isn't here to entertain me."

"I...here? Now?"

"Of course! You're going to sing on stage soon, anyway. We're all going to sing and dance together on stage very soon."

"But...but...I don't think I'm prepared. I mean...not..."

Everyone ignored his weak attempt to protest and continued cheering. Huh, if you're so unconfident to sing in public, how are you going to be an idol? Seriously, this kid annoys me.

 


"Oh, Hyungsik, you're back. Tell that cutie Hyung of yours to sing for us, pleaaaseee."

"Huh, what? What's happening?"

"Uhm, they...want me to sing."

"Then just sing for them, Kevin Hyung. What are you afraid of? You're good enough."

"I...I never sing alone..."

"Oh, you can sing with Hyungsik then. Hyungsik said earlier in practice that you both often sing together, right?"

"Sing, sing, sing, sing..."


Idiots.


"Okay then, I guess..."

"You start first, Hyung, and I'll continue from where you stop."

 

Then they sang.

 

That new kid, was...surprisingly...better than I thought, even amidst the loud noise. His voice, just stuck out like...I don't know... the sound of wind blowing before the first rainfall during a long drought season, I guess? You know? The first gust would bring a faint sound that suggest rain is finally coming, but then it become soundless, and the only sound that follow were the sound of your own anticipation. The wind no longer makes any sound, but you hear it louder than any other sound trying to override it. That wasn't something I could compare to anyone, nobody can surpass or even reach that special music of nature. Maybe the only time I thought of any remotely similar comparison, was when I met that...whoever stranger the other day. That stranger with melodic laughter. But it wasn't exactly the same. Still...it looks like the stranger took my advice. Didn't see any new trainee in the company after that night. Well, good for him. What would he do here? Depressed probably, just like the s I've to take in now. 

 


Well, I guess, this new kid is pretty good then.

 

Maybe, ...even better than Siwanie.

 

Would Siwanie still want to be friends with them now?

He stands no chance. They sounded like they're meant to sing together. Well, they even look like a couple singing together. Just forget him, stupid. Just fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter