Strained

He Loves the Rain -indefinite hiatus-
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why did you come home late?"

"Hyung! I actually got through an audition and signed contract! I'm going to become a singer! Isn't that great?!"

"Oh...yeah. That's...great. Congratulations. So...uhh...I guess...you're moving out then?"

"What do you mean I'm moving out? We're moving out. Of course you're going to be singer with me. I told them you're a good singer and that they have to accept you if they want me."

"Huh?...but...but I don't really..."

"Uwaaahhh, what are these?! Hyung,...don't tell me, you cooked all of these while waiting for me?"

Without waiting, he dug into the food, not even taking a second to sit down.

"Hyung...these are all my favourites...but...it's not even my birthday. Do you perhaps...already know of this good news?"

"Uhh, no I didn't."

"Then you must really have great instinct."

"Uh...yeah, that must be it."

"Because you love me! Kekeke."

He was right for one thing though. But for the rest, he strangely made my heart sank. Why did I cook all these and waited for him? Wasn't he the one who insisted that we celebrate yearly anniversary of our friendship? This is just the second anniversary and he had already forgotten. Does he take me as a fool or just a person to go to when in trouble? Maybe I am a fool, or else why did I even get myself into this? Why did I even get upset? Of course, he has his own life. He wouldn't depend on me forever. He would leave once he's done with studies anyway. We never signed for a relationship that would last forever anyway.

"Hyung."

"Hmm?" It was strange seeing he had stopped eating and had a silly wide grin spread across his face that was smudged by food at the sides of his mouth, as always when he eats.

"Of course I remember. Stupid! It's our second anniversary."

I didn't know what to say. The warmth of shame fired inside me that I only manage to gave a bitter smile. Should I apologize?

"Promise me, you'll go to the audition."

 


That, was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter