This Thing Called Truth (SunYeon/OT9)

Figments of My Imagination

 read slowly, juseyo.


"This thing called Truth"

Taeyeon looked around the dressing room. She saw not girls but women.

 

She watched Yoona giggle as she talks about her latest date with him. The girls squealed and pinched the blushing cheeks of their second maknae.

 

She shifted her gaze and saw Hyoyeon packing up already. Even though she just came out of a relationship, Hyoyeon was never the patient one.

 

 She then eyed Yuri’s bored face. Although she practically poured her heart out about dating in Radio Star, Yuri will never try to go and date a guy, however, her eyes did linger at Yoona’s smile a little bit more than usual…

 

She kept an eye on their little maknae as well. Seohyun was growing more and more beautiful as the days pass. It won’t be a surprise if the young one would finally take interest on boys and started dating, but for now, all was well.

 

She saw Jessica rapidly typing on her phone again. It was more than likely from him, the message. It always has been. Ever since they got together, Jessica was on her phone 24/7. Sooner or later, she’ll get caught and hopefully by then, the fragile little angel will be ready to accept the words.

 

She examined Tiffany blushing face. Contrary to what the company said, they have been dating for four years. Even though most of the comments online were “Didn’t we establish this before?” “We already knew about this…” Taeyeon couldn’t help but worry for the girl. Tiffany always had the most hate from the public and the fact that she was dating him made matters worse. They we’re the most hated couple…so far. The society wasn’t as accepting as they were with Yoona and him. Nobody knows if they ever will be.

 

Finally, she viewed the worried gaze Sunny had on her. The two of them, they always had each other. Through ups and downs, they stuck to each other, so why…why was it different now? Sunny’s eyes remained on Taeyeon’s watchful ones. Sunny was trying to analyze, to see through Taeyeon’s defenses. But things changed, and so has Taeyeon’s resistance. The walls were bigger and stronger. No one can break it, Taeyeon made sure of it. Sunny’s phone buzzed and reluctantly, her eyes and hand held the blinking device, ignoring Taeyeon’s slight opening. Completely missing the chance to see what was over the fence.

 

#

 

Taeyeon finally felt the need to leave. She grabbed her purse, her keys, and dragged her walls.

 

She walked past the greeting juniors, giving them all the same, neutral smile; the saddest thing she managed to master after years of giving a real one.

 

She finally reached the underground parking lot and unlocked her Porsche. Her hand gripped the handle, ready to open it until a shivering voice broke her trance.

 

“Taeyeon.” This voice used to be her favorite. It was once able to calm her, it used to be able to save her, but now, it simply scared her.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Why did you suddenly leave like that? The girls are worried upstairs, come back up.”

 

“And do what? Stare at all of you as you giggle and blush when he messages you? I’d rather not.”

 

“You’re gonna have to accept the fact that we’re going to separate, Taeyeon.”

 

“That’s why I’m in a distance.”

 

“Taengoo—“the conversation struck short when Sunny’s phone rang. This time, instead of a simple buzz for a message, he called her and a familiar melody of a duet entered her ears. It was hers and Sunny’s song, “Is this Love?”

 

“He’s waiting. Goodbye, Sunny.”

 

Taeyeon struggled to keep her eyes dry when she maneuvered her car to exit the premises. This was not the first and last time she felt alone. People were starting to accept that they weren’t the old girls who did everything for something. They were now respected and known. They’re Girls’ Generation.

 

She drove away from the building, a couple of miles above the normal speed limit hasty to leave the area. Adrenaline kept her going for now and she doesn’t know until when it will.

 

Things were changing, and she hoped that she and SONEs are ready for it; for this thing called truth.

 


--for my demanding cousin--

 

I'm really sorry to be back with a sad fic after being gone for 2 months (sorry for the unintended hiatus) but this was forced by my cousin, achiejhea  for me to write. yes, we really are cousins. well...long lost cousins. if you guys are interested on how we kind of figured out that we were cousins, comment it. i'll tell you. hahaha.

i wrote this fic a couple of months back. when the SooNa news broke out, and the obvious sadness in Taeng's face was still present. I altered it a bit so it can catch up with the latest news. I DO NOT KNOW IF JESSICA OR SUNNY ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP, OKAY? IT JUST ADDS TO THE DRAMA THAT'S WHY IT'S HERE.

Thanks to all commenters, upvoters, and subscribers. You guys really make me happy. Really.

But shoutout to Santoki_ and mioaio  for figuring out my little puzzle on the last fic.

The way Taeyeon signed her name in the end of every dairy entry. From Taengoo to T and when Sunny finally completed her, Kim Taeyeon. I was hoping somebody would take notice of that, and those two did. APPLAUSE. I'll give you a gift guys! PM me a story you want me to write. Dont expect too much tho.

 

COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THIS (sorry for the long A/N) AND UPVOTE IF YOU LIKED IT AS WELL! UNTIL THE NEXT TIME!