Our Childhood (JeTi)

Figments of My Imagination

“JESSI!” a 6-year-old young Stephanie called out.

 

Jessi—or better known as Jessica—turned to catch a speeding Stephanie.

 

“Yes, Fany?”

 

Stephanie—or Tiffany, as her mother calls her, grinned and tackled her best friend to the ground.

 

Propping her elbows around Jessica’s frame, Tiffany stared at Jessica’s eyes. “I told you to call me Stephanie but since I love you, I’ll let it go. Aaaand I have to ask you something.”

 

“What is it?” said young Jessica.

 

“Do you want to get married?”

 

Jessica’s eyes widened. She pushed herself up and wiggled away from Stephanie. “What?! Why?!”

 

Tiffany pouted. Her eyes started to water. Did she misunderstand what her mother told her?

 

“C-cause, mommy said, if you love someone enough, you should spend the rest of your life with them.”

 

Jessica sighed and blushed. Tiffany loved her?

 

“W-where are we getting married?”

 

Tiffany lit up immediately and jumped up and down. She dug the inside of her pockets for something.

 

Jessica stared at pieces of petals coming out of Tiffany’s pockets. Tissues and post-it-notes scattered everywhere. “U-uh, Tiff?”

 

Tiffany stopped and glared at Jessica. “I-uh, mean, Steph,” Jessica stammered.

 

Tiffany smiled again before pulling out a plastic ring. “Jessi, will you marry me?”

 

The rest of the adults around the playground awe-d and laughed. Young love.

 

“Y—yeah, of course.”

 

Tiffany gleamed again and kissed Jessica’s cheek. “Let’s go to the bridge, Jessi! I made Sooyoung write a marriage vow for us!”

 

“W-what?!”

 

#

 

They both arrived at the bridge with Sooyoung—their pretend pastor, eating a corndog.

 

“She said yes?!” a baffled Soo asked.

 

Tiffany pouted. “Of course! Jessi loves me as much as I love her!”

 

Sooyoung casted a questioning brow at Jessica’s direction; Jessica shrugged and held Tiffany’s hands tighter.

 

“Get on with it, Soo!”

 

Sooyoung hastily finished her corndog and pulled out her notecards. She motioned for Seohyun—who was near the rose bushes—to come forward. Sunny came from nowhere and pulled Jessica and Tiffany off the middle of the bridge and into the edge where the bridge begins.

 

Seohyun came in between them and began throwing rose petals on the path. She was the flower girl. Taeyeon was behind Sooyoung and sang “Heaven” like it was her pre-debut solo. Sunny pushed them now towards the middle where Sooyoung waited. Jessica also noticed the fake-twins behind them, holding two rings similar to hers. She glanced at her hand and saw that her ring was gone. When did they take it?!

 

They arrived in the middle and in front of Sooyoung. She grinned and Jessica noticed that Hyoyeon was now next to Sooyoung as Jessica’s best man. Sooyoung cleared and Tiffany looked at Jessica.

 

They both shifted their bodies sideways and Tiffany reached to hold her hand as Sooyoung began, “Will you, Jung Jessica, protect Tiffany from the attack of gigantic cucumbers?”

 

“W-whaa?”

 

“Will you promise to love her more than sleep?”

 

“I-uh.”

 

“Will you promise to wake up early and buy her flowers every month?”

 

“C-can I—“

 

“Will you promise to use your body as a shield when soccer balls from outer space begin falling?”

 

“Soo—“

 

“SHUSSSH!!! Where was I, um, will you serenade her every time you two get into a fight and be the bigger person?”

 

Tiffany grinned, imagining Jessica’s sweet voice, not that she wished they would fight, but…

 

“And finally, will you, Sooyeon, promise to love Tiffany more than ANYTHING in the world?”

 

Jessica stared at Tiffany’s loving gaze and saw the rest of her life flash before her eyes. “I do.”

 

Tiffany screamed and hugged Jessica like there was no tomorrow.

 

Sooyoung smiled. “I now pronounce you—“

 

“Wait! Won’t Tif—Stephanie vow too?”

 

Sooyoung shook her head and reasoned out that Tiffany helped her write all these. “So, I now pronounce you, wife and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

 

Jessica squealed and tried to escape Tiffany’s lips, before giving up and getting her first kiss stolen by her new “wife.”

 

A flash echoed around the lake, a picture memory taken by their parents.

 

#

 

“I do.”

 

“I do.”

 

“I now, pronounce you, OFFICIALY married.”

 

As they walk the aisle, now both 25, hand-in-hand, memories flooded their minds.

 

19 years.

 

19 years.

 

They’ve been together for 19 years. A very long time, some might say, but their future only awaits.

 

“I still don’t get why my ceremony was any different. It was sweeter, too,” Sooyoug began mumbling.

 

“I love you,” they both said, promising forever since their childhood.

 


--inspired by...my boredom--

I've always wanted to write a kid!JeTi fic :D

How was it? Was it too serious for some 7 year olds? AHAHHA. Anyways, I liked this a lot. It's somewhat realistic yet fiction at the same time.

I'd like to bow down to ALL my subscribers. Guys, YOU ARE AWESOME! oh my gosh. The amount of subscribers for 1 story...DAEBAAAK. *bow* *bow*

I hope to hear from you again on this one.

 

Oh, SHOUT TO UPVOTERS! nizcasimiro baebysoshi9 taengsic515 TotoroLoverForever araria snsdforeverandmore alpha678 forevergorJESS9