Fishing (JeTi)

Figments of My Imagination

Fishing

 

“This is such a waste of time,” Jessica said, looking at the stick with a string called a fishing pole.

 

“Oh, come on, Jessi. It’s a great way to kill time,” Tiffany replied, tugging on the pole.

 

“We could have been sleeping…or better yet, adding to the population.” Tiffany snickered and reeled in the string. Still nothing.

 

“I swear if you do that one more time and nothing comes out, I will declare bloody war on the stupid lake,” Jessica told the pouting Tiffany. Even if she did think this was stupid, nobody could make her love one sad. Especially not stupid fishes.

 

“It’s okay, Jessi. I think the fishes are sleeping.”

 

“Tch. It’s 9 AM. If there’s anybody who should be asleep, it should be me.” Tiffany giggled. Her honey was still bitter.

 

“Okay, one more time.” Tiffany threw the pole. No tugs.

 

Jessica screamed and grabbed the pole. “Give me that.”

 

Tiffany watched as Jessica huffed and puffed. She must have been so bored.

 

Nobody makes Tiffany sad and disappointed. Urgh. Stupid fish.

 

“Jessi—“

 

“Shh. I’m concentrating.”

 

Tiffany backed down and laid on the seat. She dipped her fingers on the water. The lake’s water was cold and the wind was refreshing as it blew out the spring air. Their boat rocked back and forth, cradling her to sleep. She took out her hand and rested her head on Jessica’s shoulder and slept.

 

Jessica took notice of the weight on her shoulder and smiled. As much as she hates waking up early, these serene moments were the things she appreciated the most. Soft and simple gestures that make her fall in love with the woman before her even more are stored in her heart forever.

 

#

 

One thousand eight hundred seconds have passed. Thirty minutes have gone by, and still no sign of fish activities below their boat. She didn’t understand her position right now. Why did Tiffany, the love of her life, wake her up at seven o’clock to drag her to an hour road trip to a lake, when she, Tiffany, is afraid of fish? The half-awakened state of Jessica didn’t help the resistance. Tiffany just gave her a smile and she blindly followed Tiffany like a lost puppy. She blamed the eye-smile.

 

A tug on the pole surprised her. She stood up, knocking Tiffany off her shoulder, and screamed. “I GOT ONEEE!”

 

Tiffany should have been pissed off. She should be yelling at Jessica, scolding her for almost giving her a heart attack, but instead, she was laughing her heart out. There stood her lover, with a fishing pole with a non-existent bait.

 

“Umm, Jessi. I think the fish took your bait…”

 

“THAT UNGRATEFUL THIEF. I SWEAR WHEN I FIND HIM I’LL EAT HIM RAW.”

 

Tiffany giggled a little more before responding, “How will you find ‘him’ if you don’t even know what ‘it’ looks like?”

 

Jessica snickered, “Whatever. Go back to sleep.” She sat back down on the boat, hooked another bait and casted the fishing pole again, but this time with her arms crossed. Jessica was mad and embarrassed.

 

Stupid thief. I wish a shark would fall from a tornado and eat you.*

 

“Cursing an unknown fish won’t help, Jessi.”

 

Jessica scoffed, ignoring the way a hand caressed her shoulder lovingly. If she wasn’t focusing, her body would have unconsciously moved towards the person and stayed as if she belonged.

 

“Jessiiiii~ come ooooon, don’t get mad. It is useless to curse a fish,” Tiffany reasoned out.

 

Jessica said nothing again and tugged the pole. Freaking fishes. COME OUT AND BITE MY BAIT.

 

Tiffany puffed her cheeks, Jessica was supposed to be concentrated on…her.

 

The pole barely moved but Jessica saw it. She reeled the string in, grunting as she tugged, thinking that she may have finally caught one. She spun the handle faster and when she finally saw the slimy wriggling underwater creature just a millimeter from surfacing the water, she dropped the pole and held the face of Tiffany, kissing her back.

 

“I should have known a kiss would distract you the best.”

 

Jessica just nodded, in a complete daze after a simple kiss. Oh, how whipped was she to be like…this?

 

Tiffany giggled and hugged Jessica’s waist sideways, resting her head on her shoulder. “Jessi, you dropped your fishing pole over the water…”

 

Jessica saw the pole, it was reachable but, she’d rather hug Tiffany’s body while staring at the woods. “Oh, well.”

 

“It was 50 dollars you know,” Tiffany said.

 

“Mmm, I’ll con Krystal into giving me 50 bucks then.”

 

Tiffany laughed and shook her head. She saw a part of the thread hanging on the edge of the boat. She removed her hands from Jessica and pulled the thread towards her.

 

“I was wondering, Tiff, you hate looking at fish eyes, right? So why are we—“

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.” Jessica covered her ears, birds flew away from their nests, and a fish was staring at Tiffany; eye-to-eye.

 

“Oh, hey, you got us our brun—“

 

She threw the thread (and fish) to Jessica and started jumping.

 

“TIFFANY STOP! WE’RE GONNA FALL!!!”

 

As if angels were listening, the boat tumbled over, drenching them in water.

 

“We’re ordering Ihop** the next time you want good breakfast and take out if you feel like camping,” Jessica said after surfacing and holding Tiffany’s hand to guide them back on the flipped boat.

 

“So much for a romantic getaway with a free brunch…”

 

They both laughed and knew this was a refreshing experience…literally.

 


--for puzzle solver, mioaio--

EDIT (can't believe I forgot to put this)

*Sharknado anyone? stupid movie tho. HAHA.

**ihop expensive as heck breakfast restaurant BUT I HEARD IT WAS DELICIOUS. Ihop! Please sponsor me enough money to eat there one time Pleaseeeee

I'm sorry for taking an unexpected Hiatus. So much has happened within the fandom and my anxiousness didn't help at all. I'm back with a fluffy one tho! (is this fluff? I ONLY KNOW HOW TO WRITE ANGST)

College is starting tomorrow >.< the 18th. I'm not really scared...I'm more scared that I won't be having enough free time to do stuff HAHA stupid, I know, but I LOVE MY BED. 

I might write an ongoing cause slowturtles has entrusted me with a discontinued idea. I WILL MAKE YOU PROUD ATE (read as a-te). aaaaaaand my babykitty has been forcing me to write (hi babe).

I just realized that I've reached 159 subscribers, 26 upvotes, and 3472 views and I thank you alllllllll. I'll try to connect more with you guys and feel free to ask me questions. I'll try to respond :D

THANK YOU ALL. COMMENT AND UPVOTE IF YOU LIKED IT!