Final (Key)

50 Key one shots

Title: Final
Characters: Kibum, his father
Pairing: None
Wordcount: 441
Summary: Kibum is going through the motions, just like every other day.
Warning: Mentions of abuse


Just like every other day Kibum was woken by his dad shouting at him to make him food. And just like every other day Kibum had still set an alarm clock in the hopes of being awoken by the sound of his favorite song instead. But never once had his father let him sleep in that late. For a drunk he was oddly punctual with arriving home at 6 am. It was probably because the bar closed at 5 am and it took him about an hour to walk home. In the past Kibum had tried to just ignore the man and sleep in, but he had swiftly regretted it. Instead, Kibum quickly got changed before racing down stairs to make his father some dinner, while preparing his own breakfast and lunch. A black eye didn’t suit the outfit he was planning to wear today.

Just like every other day Kibum’s father decided to keep him company while he cooked, once again reminding him of what a regret it was to have him as a son. How much of a his mother was. Why she should’ve taken Kibum with her when she decided to commit suicide all those years ago. And all Kibum could do was listen and agree. Because countering those words would only lead to more pain. At least he knew that his mother was an admirable lady who just couldn’t take the abuse anymore.

Just like every other day his father gobbled down the food he had made, commenting on how horrible it was and asking if Kibum was trying to poison him. Kibum couldn’t help but wonder why he didn’t. It was probably because he was too much of a coward. His father would probably make him regret it if he were ever to find out.

Just like every other day Kibum got ready and left the house while hearing comments about how he shouldn’t show his ugly face until it was evening and time for him to cook his father’s breakfast. And Kibum would sigh and say that he would be sure to do so, leaving the house with his head hung.

Unlike every other day though, Kibum didn’t head towards his school to emerge himself in his studies. Unlike every other day he didn’t have to try to pretend that he was okay with the fact that he didn’t have any friend. Because unlike every other day, he was heading to the train station to finally leave that horrid town and father behind. Today he was headed towards his college campus. Today had been the final morning he had to spend in that house.