Onward And Upward

The Third Wheel


As soon as her class is over, Taeyeon left her chingudeuls so she could go to the swimming area. She doesn't know why Jaejoong wants her to come there but she's thinking maybe he just want to show off how good he is when it comes to swimming. 


"Jeogiyo?" Taeyeon said as soon as she reached the swimming area. A few girls were swimming but they didn't seem to hear her. "J-jeogiyo?" She repeated. The girls just continued swimming. She decided to come nearer into the pool so the girls would hear her better. "Jeogiyo?" One of the girls saw her and swam towards her.


"Non-members aren't allowed here." The girl told her.


"I know." Taeyeon replied. "But have you seen Kim Jaejoong-sumbaenim? He told me to come." The girl's eyes flicker for a millisecond beyond where Taeyeon is standing. "Have you seen him?" Taeyeon repeated.


"Hmmm... I have." The girl replied.


"Oh? Neh? Where is he?" Taeyeon asked, her face brightening up.


"He's behind you." The girl grinned. Before Taeyeon could even turn around Jaejoong pushed her lightly toward the pool. Taeyeon screamed, she closed her eyes and wait for her to splash unto the water below.


"I got you." Jaejoong told her. "Geokjung haji-ma." Taeyeon opened her eyes and saw that she slanting towards the pool but Jaejoong it holding her waist that's why she didn't fall. He grinned and pulled her so she could stand up straight again.


"Where do you think you're touching?" Taeyeon demanded.


"What?" Jaejoong asked then realized that he's still holding Taeyeon by her waist. He quickly let go of her and grinned awkwardly.


"Stupid." Taeyeon told him. "What if I fall? I don't even know how to swim!" Taeyeon punched his shoulder angrily while Jaejoong laughed.


"I know you don't swim, Shorty" Jaejoong replied, rubbing his shoulder where Taeyeon hit him.


"How did you know?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him.


"Err—I just know, okay?" Jaejoong told her. "Anyway, come. You agreed in doing me a favor, right?"


"I didn't agree on anything." Taeyeon corrected him but she still followed him as he walks towards the boy's locker room. He went inside, Taeyeon stopped and wait outside. After a few minutes, Jaejoong emerged from the room frowning at Taeyeon. "Whut?" She asked innocently.


"Why aren't you coming inside?" Jaejoong inquired.


"Come inside?" Taeyeon repeated, both of her eyes widening in surprise. "That's the boy's locker room, I can't go in there!"


"You can, I just have to say that you're my assistant," Jaejoong told her but she still look hesistant. He groaned. "Yah.. Shorty, don't even get any ideas, I'm not going to do anything to you, I like cheerleaders, ara? And there's a guard over there, you can always scream and he'll be here in a second." Taeyeon narrowed her eyes. "Ah, jeongmal? Do I look like that type of man to you?"


"Neh." Taeyeon quickly replied.


"Mwoh?" Jaejoong demanded. "Look, I like cheerleaders and you don't look like anything near one? Araso?"


"Gyaaahh! Whatever." She went inside the locker room bumping at Jaejoong's shoulder in process but she doesn't care. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and went inside too. Taeyeon was welcomed by a very messy room, things are scattered everywhere. "Are you really sure this is a locker room? This looks more like a big dumpster. Whose things are these?"


"Mine." Jaejoong said grinning. Taeyeon grimaced at him and looked around with a disgusted face.. "Now, what I want you to do is to help me clean this up!"


"Me?" Taeyeon asked with wide big eyes.


"Eung. That's why I asked you to come." Jaejoong smiled widely. "Now start with those things," He pointed at a huge pile of towels and shirts. "Put that inside my duffel bag, we'll bring them home later."


"Did you say 'we'?" Taeyeon asked incredulously. "Do you seriously want me to help you bring your things home?"


"Eung." Jaejoong replied as he started fumbling something inside his locker. "That's why I brought you here in the first place.. My friends won't help me. They got dates, you see." He seems to be trying to find something inside his locker. "Aish.. Where did I put that thing?" He muttered. Taeyeon sighed and started sorting Jaejoong's things into different piles. One for clean white ones, one for clean colored ones, one for dirty white ones and the other is for the dirty colored ones. She needed to smells his things to find out if they are clean. Why am I doing this? I don't even do this at home. Taeyeon thought when a girl suddenly came storming inside the locker room. Seriously?! This is the boys locker room, What on earth is she doing here?


"Oppa," The girl said furiously. His girlfriend? Taeyeon thought. "Did you take my towel again? You got your own, why do you keep on taking mine?" She looked around and her eyes landed at Taeyeon.


"I did not." Jaejoong said innocently, Jaekyung eyes flew back to him.


"You're the only one who got access inside my locker!" The girl angrily told him. "I don't have anything to use today!"


"I said I didn't." Jaejoong said pouting. "Just get one from Yunho, he won't mind. The passcode is still the same." The girl glared at him and then rummaged into a locker.
 

"Your girlfriend is very beautiful." Taeyeon whispered to him. This seems to brighten him up.
 

"Oh, you've seen her? She is really—" He started but frowned. "Wait a minute.. Did you mean her?" He pointed at the girl busy rummaging a locker for a towel. Taeyeon nodded. "That's not my girlfriend, that's Jaekyung."


"Nugu?" Taeyeon asked. "Jaekyung?"


"Neh. She's Jaekyung, my sister. She owns the dog who chased you, remember that?" Jaejoong told her.
 

"Of course I remember, I almost died then." Taeyeon snapped at him. "I thought she's your girlfriend."


"Seriously, I told you I like cheerleaders." He sighed. "That wimp hates cheerleaders, she think they are brainless gits—"


"What are you two whispering about?" Jaekyung demanded. She glared suspiciously at the two.

 

"Nothing." Jaejoong replied with a grin. Jaekyung gave Taeyeon a piercing look that she thought she would melt right there and there, it's like she's giving her an x-ray using her eyes, but then the girl finally turned to her brother.
 

"She's pretty." Jaekyung said, she finally able to pull a towel from Yunho's neat pile. She slammed the locker shut. "Is she your girlfriend?"
 

"Ani." Jaejoong quickly denied. "She's the girl who almost got eaten by your precious Cinnamon—she's Kim Taeyeon."
 

"Geurae?" Her features softening. She looked almost like someone have just died. "Mianhae, Cinnamon didn't mean to scare you, he's such a gentle little dog." Taeyeon doubted it. Cinnamon's a full grown St. Bernard, there's nothing little about that dog.
 

"Gentle?" Jaejoong said. "She almost got killed!" Taeyeon had to roll her eyes. She doesn't know what he's playing at but the last time they talked about Cinnamon, Jaejoong was completely convinced that the dog didn't do anything wrong. "Look at her knees! They got scraped and bruised!"
 

"I said I was sorry!" Jaekyung told him indignantly. 
 

"Sorry? Will that heal her bruises?" Jaejoong demanded. "You should atleast treat her for dinner." Jaekyung's eyes narrowed.
 

"Eh?" Taeyeon exclaimed. "She doesn't have to do that—Ouch!!!" She received a kick and a glare from Jaejoong. "Well, I mean.. It really hurts and the dog almost bit me." She looked at Jaejoong for approval and got it.


"But—"


"Jaekyung-ah!" Jaejoong growled at her.
 

"A-alright." Jaekyung said pouting. "I'll treat you—
 

"And me." Jaejoong added. "For the troubles you gave me." Jaekyung scowled at him but her brother just grin happily at her.
 

"Okay," She sighed. "I'll treat you two to dinner, tomorrow." Then walked out of the room, clutching a towel with her hand.
 

"Good job!" Jaejoong said as he ruffles Taeyeon's hair. "Jaekyung never treats me to anything."
 

"Aish.. She doesn't have to treat me to anything," Taeyeon told him. "I don't like going out with strangers."
 

"She's not a stranger, she's going to be your friend." Jaejoong pinched both of her cheeks. "Treat her nicely, too, araso?"
 

"Eung," Taeyeon replied, slapping his hand away from her.
 

"Guess what." Jaejoong said grinning.
 

"What?" Taeyeon asked.
 

"You'll get to meet my girlfriend today!" He happily announced. "I only introduce her to my friends, you're lucky you'll get to meet her."
 

"Why am I lucky? Do I get to have an autograph from her?" Taeyeon said sarcastically. 
 

"Aish... You'll be her friend too." Jaejoong decided. He slumped on the floor beside Taeyeon, took the pile of clothes from her and put them into his duffel bag.
 

"Why do you want me to be friends with everyone you know?" Taeyeon asked. "Do I look like an anti-social to you?"
 

"Ani." He looked at her straight in the eyes as if thinking what to say.


"Whut?" Taeyeon said frowning.


"It's because I don't know what to do with you." He said carefully without taking his eyes off her.
 

"Mwoh?" Taeyeon asked, confused. He continued staring at her then sighed.
 

"Forget it." Jaejoong chuckled softly. "And forget about those shirts, I'll bully Jaekyung or Changmin or Yunho or whoever I could into tidying them up. It's time for you to meet my girl."


 

"Where did Taeyeon go?" Tiffany asked as she and her friends slumped into the green field, their favorite hangout. Sunny and Jessica looked at each other as if thinking the same thing. "Hey, I'm asking where did she go? I was going to introduce you with my boyfriend."


"She's probably being bullied by a sunbae right now." Jessica replied.


"Being bullied?" Sooyoung repeated, outraged. "No one bullies my friends!" She stand up and looked furious. "Come on, I'm going to hit anyone who bullies Taeyeon!"


"Aish.. Sit down!" Sunny pulled Sooyoung's arm and made her sit. "Do you think Taeyeon would let anyone bully her? It's just Jessica and her mismatched words!"


"He really bullies Taeyeon, Sunkyu." Jessica said again rolling her eyes this time. "She just let him do whatever he wants since he's a dream that came into life."


"You call me 'Sunkyu' one more time and I'm going to hit you!" Sunny snapped at her.


"I don't know how Taeyeon is able to withstand your bickering," Tiffany said grimacing at the two. "Anyway who is this sunbae that you are talking about? Does he really bullies Taeyeon-ah?—Omo! There's Taeyeon ah! But why is she carrying that big duffel bag?" They all turned where Tiffany is looking and saw Taeyeon half-carrying, half-dragging a duffel bag and is wearing an annnoyed expression on her face.


"What's that bag for?" Sooyoung asked as soon as she reached them. "Are you running away from home?—"


"Are you going somewhere?—" Sunny seconded.


"Did you and your dad argued again?—" Tiffany asked.


"Why are you carrying more than you could handle?—" Jessica added.


"Ah chinja?! Could let me breathe first before you and your machine gun mouth ask me questions?" Taeyeon said, grasping for air. "This is not even my bag, it's sunbaenim's!"


"Sunbae? Nugu?" Sooyoung asked again.


"Naega!" Jaeoong happily announced suddenly appearing behind Taeyeon liked he teleported right there on the spot. "Oh. Miyoung, you're here?" He said looking astonished that Tifany who is sitting comfortably on the grass.


"You know each other?" Sunny asked curiously. Taeyeon was eyeing Jaejoong and Tiffany in shock. Is Tiffany his girlfriend? Ah chinja?! Why of all the people!?


"Wae? You know her too?" Jaejoong asked back, frowning at the girls.


"We've known her since 3rd grade, oppa, we're bestfriends!" Jessica informed him.


"Bestfriends?" He turned to Taeyeon. "You too, Shorty?" Taeyeon just nodded. "Whoah. I don't have to introduce you to my girlfriend afterall. You know her. Miyoung!" Tiffany happily jumped on his side and encircled her arms around him, they beamed at Jessica, Sooyoung, Sunny and Taeyeon who cannot hide the look of surprise in their faces. Taeyeon can feel a nerve throbbing violently on her temples and a hole building up on her chest.


"Chukkahae-yo!" Sunny and Jessica said in unison, smiling benignly at the couple.


"I've finally met you, oppa!" Sooyoung exclaimed. She's the only one who seems genuinely happy for the the two. "Fany always bragged about you in my presence, she kept on pushing me to find a man for myself."


"Well, you really should." Tiffany told her. "You're the only one in the squad who doesn't have a boyfriend."


"I'm so happy for you!" Taeyeon said trying hard to smile widely at Tiffany. She turned to Jaejoong and threw the heavy duffel bag at him. "Bring that home yourself!"


"Yah! I thought we've agreed that you're the one who's bringing that home!" Jaejoong whined at her like alittle child.


"Mwoh? 'We've agreed?' I never agreed on anything!" Taeyeon snapped at him. "I got so tired of arranging your things and carrying that bag for you! I'm going home." She kissed her friends and walked out.


"Ah jeongmal. Is she bipolar or something?" He thought aloud. "One moment we're okay and another she's angry." All Sunny and Jessica could do is to grimaced at him and dragged Sooyoung into running after Taeyeon, leaving the couple to themselves.