The Floating Guy

The Third Wheel

"Totally childish!" Jessica shrieked. "We are already in high school why hide and seek!" angry
 

"Because it's fun?" Tiffany suggested.
 

"Because this school is huge and there is a lot of places to hide where YOU will have a hard time finding us?" Sooyoung said.
 

"She always has a hard time finding us, anyway." Sunny told them, rolling her eyes.
 

"We're playing hide and seek because you don't like to play tag, soccer, tennis or anything that might make you trip and fall—" Taeyeon told Jessica, grimacing at her.
 

"Trip—fall—and ruin you almighty legs," Sunny finished and Sooyoung sniggered.
 

"Aniyo!" Jessica yelled. "I don't like playing hide and seek because you always make me find you guys! It’s always ME!"
 

"Well duh—" Sooyoung started.
 

"Let's just play," Tiffany told them, cutting Sooyoung off. "Me and Sooyoungie needs to attend practice later."
 

"Right." Sooyoung seconded. " Now turn around, Sica, turn around and we'll run and hide."
 

"I know the rules!" Jessica snapped at her. "I'm not a kid." She turned and covered her eyes in the most graceful way. "Hide and I'll find you at the count of ten! Ready? One!...... Two!...... Three!......."

 

They all run away in different directions. All of them have a specific hiding place in mind already and they all dashed towards it. Kim Taeyeon runs to the farthest corner of the school, towards the swimming pool area. It's the farthest so she doesn't think Sica would think that she'll hide there.

 

She reached her destination and carefully scanned the place for a place to hide.

 

Babo. It's the swimming pool area! There's nothing here but the huge pool! She told herself. But she didn't leave the place. It's too late now to find a different place, Jessica has surely counted to ten already. She sat on one of the benches and that's when she saw him.

 

She saw a man floating in the water.

 

What the hell is he doing? She thought. The man just floated away for another couple of minutes and as time goes by Taeyeon grew more scared.

 

The guy isn't moving! She looked around for something to poke that man with but can't find any. Where's that silly pool cleaner when you need it!

 

"Excuse me!" Taeyeon called out to the man. "Are you—are you still alive!?" There's no response, the guy just kept on floating. "Yah!" She yelled out of desperation, but there's no response. "Eotokke! Eotokke!" She mumbled nervously and suddenly did something that she immediately regretted. She jumped into the pool. 

She jumped onto the pool to help the guy... but she doesn't know how to swim!!!
 

"Waaaaaaah!" Taeyeon screamed. The pool is too deep for her toes to reached the floor. "Help meeee! Waaaaaaah!"
 

"What are you doing?" A voice asked.
 

"Drowning in progress!" Taeyeon yelled. "What else!?"
 

"Oh geurae?" The voice sniggered.
 

"Why are you laughing!? Do you think I'm enjoying myself!?" She yelled again as she struggled in the water. "Help meeeeeeeee!" angry
 

"Okay." The voice said. "Come here." A hand grabs her and turned her around. Taeyeon saw who it is; it's the man she thought was drowning. And it just hit her, he's topless.
 

"Waaaaaaah!" Taeyeon squealed and wriggled, flailing her arms and legs violently.
 

"Omo! Omo!" The guy said. "Stay still!"
 

"Why are you ?!" Taeyeon screamed. "Waaaaaah! Let go off me!"
 

"Mwoh?!" The guy demanded. "I thought you're asking for my help?" He let her go and she immediately sink. "Oh God." He sighed. He then dived and pulled her out of the water. She fainted. The guy checked if she's breathing.... She's not. "Oh my dear God."
 

He bent down and leaned closer to Taeyeon until his lips touches hers. After a little while he sat upright again and then he put his hand on top of her chest, one hand on top of the other—
 

"Kyaaaaaaaaaah—!" Taeyeon suddenly sprang alive and shielded her chest away from the guy. "W-what do you think you're doing?!" She yelled at him.

"I was—WAIT!—what do you think I'm doing?" He asked bewildered.
 

"Y—you!" Taeyeon pointed a finger at him. "Byuntae!!!"
 

"Mwoh?" The guy asked. "Me? A byuntae?" He stared at her in disbelief. But Taeyeon face was serious and scared. This girl thought I'm taking advantage of her? He laughed at the thought of this. I never was accused of being a byuntae before, this is too funny.

"What's so funny!?" She snapped at him. "Yah!"
 

"You think I was taking advantage of you?" The guy asked like it's the biggest joke on earth. "Ha! You stop breathing for a second there that's why I was doing CPR!"
 

"What CPR!?" Taeyeon demanded. "You were touching my chest!"
 

"I told you I was doing CPR!" He repeated. "Why would I want to touch your chest in the first place? There's not much!" He said eyeing Taeyeon's chest which is hidden behind her arms.
 

"Mwoh!?" Taeyeon yelled at him. "D—did you just insulted my chest?!"
 

"Ani. I was just stating a fact." He grinned at her.
 

"Fact?! Why are you shirtless then? Ha?!" Taeyeon demanded.
 

"Wae? Do you want me to swim in the pool like you did? In full uniform?" He sniggered. He stood up, went to the nearest bench where a duffel bag lay open, fumbled inside it and threw a towel at Taeyeon. "It's a good thing I brought my things with me." He told her. "What are you doing in the pool anyway?"
 

"I was.. I was.." Taeyeon reddened. "I was trying to save you!" She said aloud and the guy just stared at her with one of his eyebrow raised.
 

"You were trying to save me?" He said. "What do I need saving for?"
 

"Y—you were floating over there!" Taeyeon stammered. "I called out on you but you didn't even flinch! I—I thought you were dead!"
 

"That's why you jumped in?" He asked her.
 

"Neh.... Without thinking I jumped in but I forgot that I didn't know how to swim.." She mumbled and he laughed heartily once more.
 

"How can somebody forget that she doesn't know how to swim?" He said, drying himself up with another towel while snickering.
 

"Stop it!" She snapped at him again. "Stop laughing! Can't you see? Because of you, I'm drenched!" She stood up. "What am I thinking? I don't even know you, why did I ever thought of jumping in that stupid pool."
 

"Well, you said you didn't even think." The guy commented.  She was already starting to walk away but she spun back when she heard this. She threw him a look of anger.
 

"You jerk—" 
 

"You're dripping." He said, cutting her off.
 

"And you're annoying." She retorted.


"Well, you're funny." He retorted, sniggering again. "What's your name anyway?" 

 

"W-wae-yo?" She asked, taken a back. Why on earth does he want to know my name for?
 

"Nothing. I just think I should know the name of my savior." The guy said while trying hard not to laugh, Taeyeon scowled at him. He smiled wide in response and held out a hand. "I'm Kim Jaejoong." She hesitated, surveying the face of the annoying guy who just continued smiling at her, but eventually took his hand.
 

"Kim Taeyeon." She mumbled.
 

"You're a freshman." He said. It was a statement, not a question.
 

"How did you know?" Taeyeon asked him.
 

"Because you didn't know that the pool is off-limits to non-members." He grinned at her.
 

"And you?" Taeyeon asked.
 

"What about me?" He asked back.
 

"What year are you in?" She asked curiously.
 

"I'm in my senior year and a member of the club, explains a lot why I'm here." He replied while doing a little stretching in front of her. "Oh! It just hit me; I'm your sunbae then." He added with a grin.
 

"S-sunbae?" She repeated. Do you mean I need to treat this jerk with respect everytime I see him?! Shiroooooo!
 

"Neh, come with me, I'll lend you my clothes." Jaejoong told her.
 

"C—clothes?" Taeyeon said again. "I cannot wear YOUR clothes!"
 

"Are you going to wear my clothes or do you want to go home looking like that? Taengoo-ya?" He asked.
 

"Don't call me that!" She yelled at him. "I've just met you and you're already giving me a nickname!"
 

"Stop shouting at you sunbae and follow me." He took her wrist and dragged her to the girl’s locker room. "I think I can lend you my sister's clothes since you don't want mine."


 

"The last time I checked," Sunny started. "You were wearing a skirt. How come you're on PE Uniform now?" She was trying to dry Taeyeon's hair with her handkerchief.

 

"It's because of a stupid floating guy," Taeyeon said bitterly. "I jumped in a pool, thinking that the man I saw there is dead or something-"

 

"You jumped in a pool?! But you don't know how to swim!" Sooyoung pointed out.

 

"Exactly." Taeyeon grimaced. "It turns out he's not dead and he ended up saving me instead!" Everyone laughed at her which just irritates her a bit more. She turned to Jessica and pulled a couple of her hair.

 

"Yah!" Jessica whined. "Taeyeon-ah!"

 

"It's your fault!" Taeyeon hissed. "I was waiting for you but you never came!"

 

"We all waited for her." Tiffany said, grinning.

 

"Neh." Sunny told her. "Who would have thought she would fall asleep while playing hide and seek!?"

 

"You fell asleep!" Taeyeon said tugging Jessica's hair. "I almost died there and you fell asleep!"

 

"Yah!" Jessica whined. "I was searching for you and all but I can't find you so I went to sleep!"

 

"You lazy little—"

 

"We need to go," Sooyoung said, patting Taeyeon shoulder. "Cheerleading practice."

 

"Ah, geurae!" Tiffany agreed, standing up. "You guys should have joined, too!"

 

"Nah.. We're fine." Sunny said. "Sica's too lazy to memorize the moves, Taeng and I are too short to be doing cheerleading."

 

"We all know you're a shorty, you don't have to remind us." Sooyoung sniggered. "Hey, Taeng, be gentle to Sica, Ok?"

 

"I doubt if I can do that." Taeyeon replied without letting Jessica's hair go.

 

"Ah whatever! See you tomorrow then!" They said and disappeared. Taeyeon resumed killing Jessica.

 

"You!" She tugged her hair. "I was hiding real well but you didn't even try to find me!"

 

"Go—Tae—yeon! Go—Tae—yeon!" Sunny cheered happily.

 

"Yah! Sunkyu! You should be helping me!" Jessica whined.

 

"I told you not to call me that!" Sunny snapped at her. "It's Sunny!"

 

"It's not my fault you have an ahjumma's name!" Jessica retorted. "Taeyeon, stop it! I'll treat you something nice just let go of my precious hair!"

 

"Mwoh?! So you're going to treat us?! You little lazy —" Taeyeon said then stopped and stared at Jessica. "Wait a minute... Did you say you're going to treat us?"

 

"Neh! Just—let—go—of—my—damn—hair!" Jessica squeaked.

 

"Okay! Treat Sunny and I to dinner then!" Taeyeon said aloud, still clutching her friend's hair. Sunny clapped happily at this. "We want a gallon of vanilla and chocolate ice cream for dess-"

 

"Resorted to bullying, Taengoo-ya?" Said someone. Taeyeon spun around and saw the creepy grin of a guy together with a tall, attractive girl. She immediately let go of Jessica's hair. Jessica gave a sigh of relief and immediately grab her bag and fumbled inside to look for a mirror and check if she still looks fine.


"W-why are you here?!" Taeyeond demanded. "Oh, you brought your girlfriend with you as well!" She said noticing the attractive lady beside the guy. Jessica's eyes flickered to the girl's direction and then to the guy's.
 

"Who's he?" Sunny and Jessica asked in unison.
 

"H—he's that floating guy," Taeyeon told them. "Kim Jaejoong!"