Treat Me Nicely

The Third Wheel



It's exam day and Taeyeon stay up all night studying. She regret not making it to school the another day because she missed a very important lesson that would come out in their exams. It's a good thing her bestfriend Tiffany drop by her house and lend her a copy of her notes. She groggily got up from her bed as Park Hoon knocked on her door to inform her that breakfast is ready.
 

"Good Morning!" Kim Jaejoong greeted her as soon as she entered the dining room. She jumped at the sight of him.
 

"What are you doing here?!" Taeyeon exclaimed, pointing a finger at him.
 

"Oh. He told me he wants to eat breakfast with you so I let him in." Park Hoon explained with an innocent smile. "You never had visitors who come this early before, I was quite surprised when I heard the doorbell ring." Taeyeon grimaced at him. He let's everyone inside the house, it makes her wonder why they haven't been robed yet. She turned back to Jaejoong who is happily spearing bacons from his plate and munching them.
 

"Don't you have food at home?" She asked. 
 

"We don't. I told the maids before not to cook anything if no one's going to eat with me and I woke up this morning with no food on the table, it turns out that my parents aren't home and Jaekyung is on a diet." Jaejoong replied with his mouth full. "I hate eating alone, you know." Taeyeon pulled a chair and sat down, she hates eating alone, too.
 

"When you said you're going to come by I didn't expect that you'll come this early." She muttered while piling up her plate with food. Eating with someone gives her appetite.
 

"I didn't expect it myself." Jaejoong replied after gulping down some orange juice. "I've just thought, why not come here?" He grinned. "It's a good thing you live near our place, I know where to go now when I'm home alone."
 

"Whatever." Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Oppa!" She called Park Hoon who retreated to the kitchen. "Did Sunny or Jessica say that they'll pick me up?"
 

"Neh," Park Hoon replied from the kitchen. "Jessica-ssi says that she'll bring a car, just to be safe."
 

"Oh geurae? Owkaay." Taeyeon replied. She saw from her peripheral vision that Jaejoong is staring at her with a look of surprise on his face. "Wae-yo?"
 

"School is just 10 minutes from here." Jaejoong told her. "What do you need a car for?"
 

"We don't want to bump into another stray dog." Taeyeon said sarcastically.
 

"Cinnamon is not a stray dog." Jaejoong retorted.
 

"Ara, ara, he's not, he just have an irresponsible owner!" She shot back.
 

"No, he doesn't. You just smell like dog food that's why he chased after you." Jaejoong told her with a smirk. "Definitely not my fault."
 

"Mwoh?!" She demanded. "Do you wanna die?!" She yelled while brandishing a bread knife at him.
 

"You're gonna murder me with a bread knife? Jeongmal?" Jaejoong smirked at her again. "It takes more than that to kill me." Taeyeon rolled her eyes at him, putting the bread knife down. "I've just known you for a day but I've seen you roll your eyes for what I think is a hundred times, keep doing that and they will roll out of their sockets."

 

"Mwoh! It's a habit! I cannot just not do it!" Taeyeon shouted at him indignantly.

 

"And you're always yelling." Jaejoong told her. "Do I look like I'm deaf to you?"

 

"Oh, just forgive her, Master Jaejoong, she grew up alone, she doesn't know how to socialize well." Park Hoon, who immediately run to the dining room again referree the fight, said.

 

"Oppa—" Taeyeon tried to defend herself but was cut off by the blabber mouth Kim Jaejoong.

 

"I actually don't mind, hyung, I find her interesting anyway." They heard a car honking, his face lights up almost immediately. "Oh, I guess our ride is already here! Come on!" He grabbed Taeyeon's arm and her things. "Hyung! We're leaving!"
 

"Yah! You're not coming with us in the car! Andwae!" Taeyeon wailed as Jaejoong dragged her with him.



They made it to the school with Taeyeon giving Jaejoong the silent treatment while he happily engage in a talk with Sunny and Jessica. It was a relief for Taeyeon to have finally shaken him off from their trail, she doesn't like the idea that someone she met from her dreams would somehow really cross her path. As soon as they reached their classes, they started their exams. Somebody kicked Taeyeon's chair, it's Sooyoung, she's sitting behind her. She grinned. 


"What's the answer in number 18?" Sooyoung whispered. "Is it A or B?"
 

"It's D!" Taeyeon whispered back. "I got the answer from Sunny!" She pointed at the person in front of her.
 

"It's B!" Fany who is sitting on their right said without looking at them.
 

"Well, Sunny was pretty sure it's D!" Taeyeon whispered back.
 

"I know it's B, believe me!" Tiffany whispered again.
 

"I'll ask Jess," Sooyoung said then threw her eraser at the person on her left. "Pssst! Number 18?!"
 

"Sunny said it's D." Jessica whispered back.
 

"Majority wins, it's D then." Sooyoung said shading the letter D on her answer sheet. "I'm done!" She said in a sing-song sort of way.
 

"I can't believe it's actually D!" Tiffany said aloud as soon as they went out of their class. "I was so sure the answer was B!"
 

"I got it from Seo Joohyun, the smartest one in class, she was sitting in front of me." Sunny told her. "Next time I said I'm pretty sure, trust me."
 

"Aw! move on girls!" Sooyoung exclaimed. "There's nothing you can do about it anymore, just better luck next time." She winked. "Come on, Fany, we'll be late."
 

"Wae? We're are you going?" Jessica demanded. "Don't tell me you have practice today? It's exam day."
 

"Well, we need to practice, the playoffs is just around the corner." Tiffany explained. "And I'll be meeting my boyfriend later so you don't have to wait for me, alright?"
 

"You haven't introduce us to him yet." Taeyeon said sulkily.
 

"I will, next time, he's a bit busy right now." Tiffany said putting an arm around Taeyeon's shoulder. She gave her a little squeeze, let her go and left with Sooyoung.
 

"Omo! Look!" Jessica exclaimed. "It's Kim Jaejoong-ssi!" Sunny and Taeyeon spun around and saw Jessica peering at the bulletin board in the hall. "He really is a swimming champion, it's like what you've dreamt, he is really a swimmer!"
 

"And he's really famous!" Sunny blurted out. "Do you think you can see the future, Taeng?" She asked as she examined Jaejoong's picture at the board. "Have you dreamt who will be my boyfriend in the near future?"


"I don't think I can." Taeyeon replied, also taking an interest in Jaejoong's picture in the bulletin board. "I dreamt and we'd met in the swimming are but I met him in the streets of Gangnam."


"But you did met him, though." Jessica said. "You never know, he might be hotter than Tiffany's boyfriend." She felt her phone vibrating inside her bag. "Yeoboseyo?" She said, answering her phone. She groaned as the person from the other tells her something. "Araso, oppa."


"What is it?" Taeyeon asked.


"My cousin wants me to help him with his project that is due today." Jessica told them.


"Nugu?" Sunny asked this time. "Yonghwa oppa?"


"Neh." Jessica replied. "Do you want to come?"


"I will!" Sunny happily said. She got a soft spot for Yonghwa while Taeyeon hasn't. She always argue with him whenever they're together. He kept on acting like a big brother to Taeyeon which she finds annoying. She doesn't like being treated like a kid. Afterall, she survive the world for the past years with nothing but financial support from her father. That's the only thing she got from him. Money.

 

"I think I'll just go home," Taeyeon told them. "Stop by the house when you're done, araso? And bring Sooyoungie and Fany too, if you can."


"Fany's meeting her boyfriend but we will drag Sooyoung along." Sunny said, giving her a hug. "We'll see you later."

 

"Geurae." Jessica said, embracing Taeyeon, too. "Stay out of trouble."

 

"You make it sound like I'm a troublemaker." Taeyeon grinned at them. "I'm going then." She waved goodbye and run towards the field. She's going to walk home. She's rich, yes, but that doesn't mean she's lazy. She can walk home. She doesn't need Park Hoon to pick her up. She sighed and started toward the school gate. Then stopped. 

I think Fishy and Anchovy will be practicing today? Should I watch them instead? I think I should, it's been ages since I last saw those dorks. She ran back to the school and went to the field. She went and sat on the edge of the field, she likes to sit on the grass better than on the benches around it.
 

"Donghae-ya! Eunhyuk-ssi!" She shouted. They duo stop and stare at her. They both grinned when they finally recognized her. "Fighting!" She shouted again and they waved their hands in response. 
 

She watch them play while shouting praises every now and then. She have been friends with Eunhyuk and Donghae since 5th grade and she's very close with them. 
 

Her phone beeped so she immediately check it. One message from Taehee-unnie. She began reading it and—
 

"Taengoo look out!" She heard Eunhyuk shout. She look up and saw a ball headed straight towards her face. She ducked and waited for the ball to hit her head. But nothing came. She looked up and saw Jaejoong standing in front of her. He had kicked the ball away. Donghae and Eunhyuk immediately ran towards her.
 

"Taeyeon-ah, gwaenchana?" Donghae asked immediately.
 

"Gwaenchana? You almost hit her." Jaejoong told him sternly. Donghae pouted and Eunhyuk just gave him an awkward gummy smile. "What are you smiling at?" He snapped at Hyukkie.
 

"Yah!" Taeyeon yelled at Jaejoong. "What are you doing?


"You almost got hit by a speeding soccer ball!" Jaejoong said indignantly. "If I didn't kick it out of the way it could have hit you and made your face all swollen!"


"But I wasn't hit, was I? And they're playing soccer, they couldn't have foreseen it!" Taeyeon told him off.
 

"There's no need to yell at him, Taeyeon-ah." Eunhyuk told her. "He's right. We almost hit you, you could have been hurt." Donghae nodded, looking a bit of Jaejoong. Taeyeon gave Jaejoong a scowl then turned back at the two.
 

"Well, I'm fine." Taeyeon smiled at them.


"Oh geurae?" Donghae said. "That's good then." He smiled back and ruffled Taeyeon's hair affectionately."


"Neh. Go ahead and resume practicing. Hyukkie you keep on missing the goal. Donghae-ya, you're doing a great job!" They both grinned and run back to the field.


"Chinja? You're smiling at them?" Jaejoong asked as if he just have been insulted. "And all I get from you is a scowl?"

 

"They are my friends." Taeyeon said, slumping on the grass field again.


"Mwoh?" Jaejoong asked her. "I'm your friend, too!"


"Who told you?" Taeyeon asked. "Wait a minute, what are you doing here? Are you following me?"


"Naega?" Jaejoong asked with a surprised look on his handsome face. "Why would I?"


"What are you doing here if you're not following me then?" She asked back.

 

"I'm going to meet up with my girlfriend today." Jaejoong replied with a smirk. "She's still practicing with the pep squad, we agreed to meet up here."


"Your girlfriend is a cheer leader?" Taeyeon asked. Sooyoung and Tiffany must know her.


"Geurae." Jaejoong said proudly. "Guys like me always get the best girls. She's tall and pretty."


"What are you implying?" Taeyeon asked with a frown.


"Whut?" Jaejoong asked innocently. "Nothing, Wae-yo?" Taeyeon scowled at him, took her things and left. "Yah, wait up!" Jaejoong called after her. "Are you mad at me?" She rolled her eyes. Mad? Ofcourse I am what else? Girlfriend!? Why is he messing around with me if he's got a girlfriend! Tall and pretty? Who cares?! Gyaaaah! He's so annoying! She doubled her pace and didn't bother waiting for Jaejoong to catch up.

 

"Shorty, wait up!" Jaejoong called after her. "Yah! Taengoo-ya!" She stopped, spun around and threw a look of full of anger at him. He grinned in response. "That did the trick!" He thought aloud.
 

"What did you call me?" Taeyeon demanded.
 

"Let me think..." Jaejoong said and act like he is really thinking. "Shorty? Taengoo-ya?"
 

"Who told you can give me nicknames?!" She yelled at him.
 

"Ah jeongmal." Jaejoong muttered. "You're yelling at me again. Did I say or do something that made you angry?
 

"Aniyo!" Taeyeon quickly replied. Why on earth would I get angry just because you said you got a girlfriend?! I'm mad because you're annoying! Gyaaah! Michyeo! Jaejoong looked like he didn't believe her and pouted.
 

"Can't you treat me nicely for a change?" He asked.
 

"Mwoh?" She demanded.


"You were nice to those two boys." Jaejoong told her. "I'm nice to you but for some reason all we do is bicker at each other."


"It's because you're annoying." She retorted. He pouted. "Okay, give me a reason why I should treat you nicely."
 

"Well... Because first, I saved you from Cinnamon." Jaejoong said matter-of-factly. "Second, I carried you home, to think that you're heavy and you keep wriggling like a worm." He shook his head as if erasing a bad memory from his head. "Third, I saved you from near-drowning—"


"You never saved me from drowning!" Taeyeon cut him off. That just happened in my dream! What made him think that he did?


"Oh didn't I?" Jaejoong said innocently. "Then forget about that, anyway, just now I saved you from being hit by a soccer ball." He smiled. "I think that's enough reason to be nice to me, other people treat me nice just because I'm handsome, but you? You're hardwork."


"People treat you nice because you're handsome?" Taeyeon repeated, her eyes narrowing.

 

"Geurae." Jaejoong exclaimed. They stared at each other for a long time until Taeyeon gave up and sighed.
 

"Okay, I'll treat you nicely from now on—"
 

"And call me sunbae." Jaejoong told her. Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Wae-yo?" He asked. "I am your sunbae."
 

"Ara. I'll call you sunbae, too." Taeyeon said. "Happy?"
 

"Neh." Jaejoong grinned. "Since you're being nice, do me a favor and meet me at the swimming area tomorrow after your class, araso? See you there, shorty." He grinned again and run off.
 

"What for?" Taeyeon yelled after him. "Yah! Gajima!" But Jaejoong didn't even look back. "Aish.. Jaejoong Michyeo!"