Desperate.

Conversations about "It"
XSYKOTICA


The Struggle
The Struggle

  Blog 3:  Talk about desperate.

  Blog 3:  Talk about desperate.

 

      I was desperate. Maybe not 'super-cray--gonna-stab-you' desperate. But, I admit, I was pretty damn desperate to be his. Ah, so ashamed of my self to even have memories like this. This horrible feeling had first come when he had broken up with Mirae. I absolutely had no XP points. I've been with men all my life, as friends. I've never had a girl be like " Ohh damn, Kiae. He's totally checking out your ". No, I've had them make fun of my , and it being fat....  Damn those hyundai sedans and them only fitting 5 STICK men and not 4 STICK men and 1 'FAT' girl. Going back to my pitiful life of no experience, I had searched on youtube on how to ask a man out. Kill me.

It works though! It's just....Very shameful...You know, and I didn't just watch one, I probably watched 16 by the time it was midnight.

I had studied, I had prepped my face, I EVEN PUT TEA BAGS ON MY EYES. I had even planned out what I was going to say and the plan B to this line and the plan B to this other line. I was set, and all I needed was the time to get alone with him. 

        The weather had been just right for some studying, seriously, it was almost 90 degrees outside. Jinki, the eldest and the most intelluctual in our group, who was usually the head of the study group invited us so we could study. Somehow we were all studying till midnight, until Jinki's parents came in and kicked us out in the heat.

     After we all graduated from High School, Kibum and I got accepted in Chung-Ang university in the heart of Seoul, well, not technically the heart, but you know what I mean. He had gone into the arts programme and I into the more standard mainstream asian programme, medicine. Jonghyun and Jinki had gotten accepted in Seoul National university and Minho and Taemin were accepted into Hanyang University. How we all gotten accepted in some of the best universities, I will never know. During our transit back to Seoul from Bucheon (Where Jinki's parents live). Jonghyun and I were somehow seperated from the group and decided to go to our favorite restaurant and someohow gotten ourself a bit tipsy and had gotten into a very heated discussion about school memories, I still having the ablility to think, knew it was time.. ...

 It was time to execute the plan I had concocted. 

*End of Blog* 

 

 

 

July 18th, 2012:

 

"Lee Taemin, who are you texting!" Jinki shouted as he pointed his pen at the maknae.

Taemin smirked as he lifted his face from his phone. "Someone..."

Kiae walked around him and grabbed the phone out of his hands. "Woah, Sooyeon? She's hot"

Minho put his arm on Kiae's shoulders to look into the phone. "Dayuuummmm"

Both Kiae and Minho faced taemin and nodded their heads and said simultaneously "Go get her tiger"

Kibum went up from his chair and grabbed the phone out of Kiae's hand and threw it on the couch.          "I have a D+, shut the hell up and study" and went back to his seat on Jinki's main dining table.

Jonghyun came out of the restroom with his hair dripping wet and ignored everything as he walked to Jinki. "Thanks for letting me take a shower, Jinki, that run really made me sweat" then threw his towel on his chair and began to put on his shirt.

"No worries, now can you get those problem children to shut up" Jinki whined as he rubbed his temples.

Taemin looked genuinely hurt and overdramatically put his hand on his chest. Jinki rolled his eyes and pointed to the workbook in front of him. "Study you little..." He mumbled " and Kim Jonghyun, do you mind getting dressed in a timely manner?" He then said loudly as he stared darts at Jonghyun still having one arm stick out shirtless.

Jonghyun blushed and struggle to put on his shirt. "It grew a bit small on me" He laughed off.

Kibum gasped and brought his hand to his mouth "Don't tell me the freshmen 15?" 

Taemin completely lost looked at Kibum in confustion "Presumen pipputen?" Kibum nodded his head and looked back at Jonghyun, " In the states, it's said that all freshmen gain 15 pounds due to the food in the food hall being 'all you can eat' and the lack of sleep" 

Jinki his lips and nodded his head "Screw Seoul national University, time for me to go to LA and eat some good fried chicken." then shook his head "No! I can't! I must..." He then started to mumble incohrently.

Kiae pouted and shivered "Ugh, gaining 6 kilos, thats too much" She pointed to her hips and shook her head. "You have no idea how hard it is to keep this from overflowing"

"How about your " Kibum smirked, knowing that he had hit a nerve. 

Jonghyun sighed " Kiae, you have a nice , it's okay" then he faced Kibum "For you're information, I was lifting weights and that caused my body's muscles to grow from the stick like me to the grown- man me" 

Kibum mockingly clapped his hands "Good for you steroid junkie" 

Jonghyun giving Kim an incredulous look and shook his head. "Protein shakes don't have steroids!" With Minho nodding his head in agreement. "See! Even minho agrees with me! You and you're conspiracy theories" 

Jinki waved his hands frantically in front of JonKey "Enough with conspiracy theories and more studying"

Then there was a big BAM which came from the front door and everyone faced that direction,  "We're home~" said a lively woman's voice.

Jinki turned back to the group shook his " It's my parents" He whispered and looked back to the front door.

A woman, not yet an Ahjumma, came in the house, carrying 4 bags of designer clothes. She was wearing an Armani suit with a faux fur coat, to match it all, with a cat eye sunglasses. She stared at all Jinki's friends and noticed them all having ramen in front of them.

Jinki's mother smiled weakly and pointed to the bowls of ramen they had in front of them. "What is that?" She asked, walking towards Minho and peering into the bowl of ramen.

Jinki sighed in exasperation with his handon his forehead. "Mom, we are trying to studying, if you don't mind?" 

She went to face Jinki and smiled " Then take out that disgusting thing out of my house"

Kiae quickly looked at Jinki with her huge brown eyes "Ra-ramen?"

Jinki lowered his gaze and shook his head slowly. "No Ramen"

Taemin looked at Jinki's mother "Please?"

"THAT THAT DISGUSTING THING OF PLASTIC OUT OF MY HOUSE"

Everybody except for Jinki scurried after the tantrum of Jinki's mother with Taemin being first one out with his ramen, then was Minho and Kibum, lastly, Kiae and Jonghyun. Kiae had actually wanted to go first and stuff , but Jonghyun's reluctance to leave kept her in. Taemin's and her's love for Ramen was actually very strong. Running out of the house with all her ramen soup spilling out, she and Jonghyun gasped for air after running up hill.

Kiae looked inside her bowl to see have of the ramen in and half on the cement behind her. "Why, why ramen, why" She looked back at the mansion at the back of her.  

Jonghyun looked around and laid his eyes on the delirious Kiae. "I'll buy you a bowl of ramen on the way, okay?" 

Kiae looked up from her ramen excitedly " Same place?" 

Jonghyun nodded his in agreement "Same place."

 

As the two of them walked from the bus stop in Seoul, to their favorite resturant, Chuy's Special Ramen Place.  It had been open since they were in middle school, and Minho had discovered it when his father's team was being sponsored by them. The both of them walked right in, ignoring the huge line in front of them.

"Ahjusshiiii!" Kiae smiled as she skipped to the back. All of the waiters and waitresses bowed as for they knew who these loyal customers were.

The round man had turned around to give a huge pearly smile to the two. "Asia and Dino!"  He grabbed the two of them and brought them to their usual booth, hidden from the crowd. "I thought your college student were broke!" He laughed as he placed the menus in front of them. 

Kiae laughed and winked "  I am!" She then looked at Jonghyun and pointed at him "But he's not"

Jonghyun too laughed and nodded his head " I am also broke, but because my bestfriend's favorite ramen was wasted," Kiae looked in to the menu, becoming quiet. He saying betfriend stabbed her with a knife in the heart. Jonghyun kept going on " I felt that I would be a horrible person if I didn't bring her here to replenish her need for ramen."

Kiae then remembered her plan and smiled a bit behind the menu. 

"Hey kids, how old are you?" Ahjusshi asked them while smirking.

Jonghyun looked at him "21 and Kiae is 20?" He said then looking back into his menu, completely not paying attention. Ahjusshi nodded his head and walked away and soon came back to the table with a glass of soju. Both Kiae and Jonghyun looked up at him " On the house, you guys have been my loyal customers for so long" He said, pouring the shot glasses with soju and handing the both of them a glass, the both of them taking it gratefully. "And since you two are both adults and a couple" He smiled as the both of them sputtered on the soju. Jonghyun in denial and Kiae in shock. 

Kiae brought up her hand and waved it " No- We're not dating" She said reluctantly, glancing at Jonghyun.

Jonghyun nodded his head as he tried to down the soju. "I just brought her for ramen!" 

Ahjusshi then laughed and nodded his had " I was just kidding, I'll leave you two "

Jonghyun and Kiae looked at each other and then quickly looked down awkwardly, still drinking he soju. "That was unexpected" Jonghyun said, setting his cup down. 

"Tell me about it" Kiae said, eyeing for the Ahjusshi, "Remember when Kibum got half of head shaved off and he wouldn't stop teasing him about him balding?" Kiae laughed.

Jonghyun bursted into laughed "And when taemin had to wear extentions for the play??" 

"He was the best rapunzel!" Kiae overexaggerated as she flipped her hair. "He wouldn't get off our case about the play" 

Jonghyun nodded as he poured himself another glass of soju and clinked glassesd with Kiae. "We should've invited everyone " 

Kiae drank her soju in one shot "Why" She asked setting her glass down.

Jonghyun scoffed "Because of this ahjusshi!" He shook his head "Saying random crap to us"

Kiae smiled and poured herself another one  "We do look pretty hot" 

Jonghyun brought up his arm and flexed  "I've been working out" He said nonchanlantly.

Kiae then brought her hands to her face  and posed " I too have been working out and! I've gotten a facial a couple of dats ago"

"And that's why you're broke"  Jonghyun pointed out with kiae gasping.

"May I take your order?" asked one of the male waiters as he walked up to their booth.

Jonghyun looked up and began to speak "Yes-"

Kiae brought her hands in front of Jonghyun and cover his mouth. " we'll like the #2 special"

The waiter and Jonghyun looked at her surprised " To share?" 

Jonghyun pouted then reluctantly agreeed "Yeah, to share" He then looked back at Kiae who was smiling in triumph.  "Now they really think that we're a couple" He complained as she took her 4th shot of soju. 

"Wouldn't it be weird if we kissed?" Kiae asked as she poured Jonghyun his 5th shot of soju. It became quiet between the two of them . 

Jonghyun was think long and hard " I don't know, should we try it?"