nanie92: My Husband (Sungyeol)

Infinite One Shots Galore!

 

Nanie finished setting the table as Sungyeol came shuffling out of the bedroom, rubbing his eyes.

“Morning!” she chirped as she went over and kissed Sungyeol's cheek.

Her voice was like coffee to Sungyeol, waking him up. He brought her into a bone crushing hug and lifted her off the ground, spinning her around. Nanie pretended to be annoyed with it until he finally put her down. Truthfully, it was one of her favorite things. They sat down across from each other and began to eat breakfast.

“Guess who only is practicing until seven today,” Sungyeol said.

“Hmm...Infinite?” Nanie asked.

“Correct! Do you know what that means?”

Nanie nodded her head but didn't answer. She didn't want to ruin Sungyeol's jolly mood.

“It means that tonight I am going to cook you a spectacular dinner!” Sungyeol said, “Woohyun has been helping me with my cooking abilities. Tonight, my wife will be eating dinner with her husband for once.”

“Sungyeol, that's really sweet but we will have to do it tomorrow night,” Nanie informed him.

She finished the last bite of her small plate of food and brought it into the kitchen. Sungyeol quickly finished his then followed Nanie into their bedroom.

“What do you mean we have to do it tomorrow? Your a teacher and teachers don't stay that late at school.”

Nanie grabbed her bag and found a flier, handing it to Sungyeol.

“I'm the drama teacher Sungyeol and tonight is the first performance of the musical. You didn't forget did you?”

Sungyeol looked at the flier in his hands and shook his head.

“I just mixed up the dates. Tomorrow we will have the dinner but tonight, I'm going to support you and your kids in the musical.”

Sungyeol gave her a quick kiss before noticing the time.

“Crap! I'm going to be late and Sunggyu will kill me if I'm late again. I'll see you tonight!”

Sungyeol gave another kiss goodbye before rushing out to practice. Nanie sighed and laughed lightly. She finished getting ready and headed to her job as the drama teacher at a nearby high school. It was a regular stressful day as she was dealing with last minute musical details. During class as she was making sure everyone was planning on attending the musical, one student raised her hand.

“Mrs. Lee, is your husband going to be there?”

“My husband? He's planning on it.”

Nanie didn't want to give a straight answer. She felt as if Sungyeol would let her down like he did with play they did. Though it's not like he didn't want to come. It turned out he had a last minute schedule and couldn't make it. Nanie was worried it would happen once again.

Have faith, she told herself.

When she didn't see him backstage, Nanie told herself that they weren't letting him backstage. However, right before the show started, she got a text from Sungyeol. Their manager didn't think they were putting in everything they had, so he extended practice. Nanie tried to forget about it and went onstage, introducing the musical with a forced smile. As the show ended, and it got to the point where Nanie could head to her car, she noticed Hoya was leaning against it.

I thought that you guys were practicing,” she said and gave her best friend a hug.

Me being the dancer I am, I don't need to practice,” Hoya said.

Nanie playfully rolled her eyes as she pushed Hoya out of the way so she could get in her car. Hoya quickly grabbed her hand and brought her to the passengers side.

I'm driving,” Hoya told her.

Nanie didn't protest. She trusted her friend and let him take her to whatever destination he was heading for.

If your the amazing dancer that you are, then what about the rest? Are they still dancing?”

And by that your asking if Sungyeol is still dancing? Yes, he is.”

They soon reached the dance studio and Hoya led her into the room Infinite was in. Everyone was in the middle of dancing and seeing Nanie in the mirror's reflection messed Sungyeol up. Sunggyu stopped the music and Sungyeol scurried over to Nanie, squeezing her in a sweaty hug.

I'm so sorry that I had to miss the musical,” he said.

Don't worry, I understand.”

Sunggyu called a break so Sungyeol took Nanie off to the side. He started to teach her the moves and she spent the rest of her night with Infinite. Nanie was fine with Sungyeol's unpredictable schedule. She still got moments like these with him. Late at night when they are both crazy from lack of sleep. To her there was nothing better.

So am I cooking dinner tomorrow?” Sungyeol asked as they made their way home.

Will you be there to cook dinner?” Nanie asked back.

Sungyeol took a second to think.

Yes. I promise”

And he was able to keep his promise. 

__________________________________________

Sorry for the wait! I'm involved in this after school thing and it's taken up all of my time and energy. And I didn't know how to end this either. Anyway, I hope that you liked your one-shot!