The Truth

Woman in Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Choi Industries 30th Anniversary

 

 

THE PARTY ATMOSPHERE was great and everyone was in a jovial mood. Yoona felt light-headed but very happy. She'd met Seunghyun's mother earlier that night. She just arrived from America according to Seunghyun and she was thankful because his mother seems to adore her.

 

Maybe Seunghyun already told her about Hana because she asked for her immediately right after she has been introduced by Seunghyun. She admired the elegant matron's wit and sense of humor. Smile never leave Mrs. Choi's face, the way she act and speak was indeed like a queen.

 

Everything was going well until Seunghyun's ex-fiancee showed up. Yoona had only seen the woman in the pages of society magazines but she recognized Go Hara right away based from Seunghyun's reaction the moment he spotted the socialite.

 

It didn't escaped her eyes how Seunghyun frowned once he saw Hara with a man beside her. She can't help to think, is he jealous to the man beside Hara?

 

"Hello, darling." Hara greeted Seunghyun. "I believe you've already met my husband, Lee Seungri."

 

"Yes, he's one of my top clients." Seunghyun said in a formal tone.

 

"Hello," Seungri greeted. He was probably unaware of the tension in their midst. He didn't even bother on how Hara flirtingly staring Seunghyun the whole time.

 

"Hi, Auntie. I was glad you came back Korea." Hara said probably break the ice. "How was your trip?"

 

"Fine." Mrs. Choi said coldly.

 

Are they not in good terms? Yoona suddenly became curious what happened back then and the wedding was canceled.

 

Her curiosity grew even more when Seunghyun didn't even bother to introduce her to his ex-fiancee. It was the height of rudeness but she didn't bother him about. Just few exchange of words and Hara together with her husband was already talking with the other guests.

 

Yoona was confused. Was Hara the woman Seunghyun fell in love before? She exhaled slowly. Well, that was already given, they almost get married back then.

 

Her brows furrowed with more unanswered questions. Why did Seunghyun cancel the wedding if he really loved Hara? She had to know. Somehow, she had to.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"Tabi, please bring Hana down for a second. The more she stays with you, the more she's becoming like you." Mrs. Choi said as she took Hana to her arms. "Come here, sweetie. Come to grandma."

 

"Can you handle her, Ma?" Seunghyun asked.

 

"Don't mind me, just go." Mrs. Choi said as she kissed Hana's cheek. "Go and multiply. Give me another grandchild!"

 

Seunghyun and Yoona chuckled. Mrs. Choi was clearly taken with Hana. If only she would know that Hana is indeed her grandchild.

 

"Ahjumma, you stay with Hana." Seunghyun said and held Yoona's hand. "Always check her back, the weather is kinda hot. Make sure to wipe off the sweats to dry."

 

"Seunghyun!" Yoona said amusingly.

 

"What?" He asked rather cluelessly.

 

"You act more like her mother than me. Where are you getting these ideas?"

 

He shrugged. "I listen well to Hana's pediatrician."

 

That's right. Seunghyun once accompany them to Hana's regular checkup and he asked to much about Hana's health. He had been very attentive to Hana's needs ever since he met her daughter. She can't help but smile. Seunghyun would be an exceptional father. She remembered again her unsolved problem.

 

Oh Lord, he had to know soon.

 

She can't hide Seunghyun's paternity to Hana any longer. Her conscience keeps bugging her every day. Everything was going so well between her and Seunghyun. She was afraid everything will be lost the moment she revealed her secret.

 

"Did you like it?" She asked Seunghyun.

 

She decorated the tables with hurricane lamps surrounded with flowers to make for a cozy ambience. It was almost romantic. Seunghyun told her that the business associates will take their wives and girlfriends to this event.

 

She placed exotic crystal vases laid with unique orchids Ikebana-style in some parts of the ship and some glass dishes filled with rose petals and floating candles in the swimming areas.

 

"Hmm...they're okay." Seunghyun said with smile.

 

"Y-you didn't like it?"

 

Seunghyun laughed. "Why wouldn't I? Hon, your pocket is bursting with the calling cards of your future clients. You will be a very rich woman with or without me. I'm so proud of you."

 

"Really?" She asked dreamily.

 

"Of course. I liked what you did with the mirrors and the flowers. I've never seen those before. They look great."

 

She smiled at him sweetly. "Thanks."

 

Seunghyun kissed her on the cheek. She was in heaven.

 

"By the way, I'm gonna change the boat's name." He said thoughtfully as he surveyed the whole place. "I will name her Hana of the Seas."

 

She laughed. "That's an awkward name for such a big boat."

 

"I don't care. I will put your initials somewhere discrete, so you won't get jealous."

 

"Why would I get jealous with my own daughter?" She asked in amused tone.

 

He shrugged his shoulders. "Hana is much cuter than you."

 

"Yeah." She conceded. "I could see how much you wanted to be with her more than me."

 

He sighed. "Sometimes I wish she was my own flesh and blood." He said with full sincerity. "Your ex-lover is such a stupid man to leave such a cute angel like Hana."

 

She swallowed hard, and drink her glass of red wine.

 

"Anyway, let's not talk about that bastard." He spoke again and kissed the tip of her nose. "Let's talk about us."

 

"What about us?"

 

He embraced her and looked at her lovingly. "Aren't you going to invite me to become Hana's real father?"

 

Oh my, this is it!

 

She looked away and cleared . "W-what do you think about becoming Hana's father, a big cocktail party?"

 

Before he could answer someone interrupted them.

 

"Mr. Choi, Yoona-shi, excuse me but the guests had been looking for you." Mrs. Park said behind them. "Mr. Song's looking for you since eight in the evening."

 

Seunghyun grumbled under his breath. "I'll be there in a minute."

 

She smiled. She had this feeling that Mrs. Park will lose her job any time soon.

 

"Okay, Sir." And Mrs. Park leave the two of them.

 

"We are not done talking." He said to her. "I'll see you later."

 

"Okay." She simply answered.

 

She had been saved by the bell. But for how long?

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

It was already late at night and Hana was soundly sleeping so she decided to call Seunghyun. He was probably done exchanging pleasantries with his guests by this time.

 

"Hello, Hon, can you meet me at the top deck?"

 

"Of course, babe."

 

Then she ended the call. They were still many people at the top deck so she decided to walked near the railings to have a better view of the sea.

 

It was so serene out there, so peaceful and so calm. She sighed. If only she could say the same with the beating of her own heart.

 

Then there was Seunghyun who had changed into a pair of chinos and white button down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter