Final Chapter

Woman in Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The whole day, Yoona just lazily arranged the flowers to be used in Dara's upcoming wedding to her third soon-to-be-husband.

 

"Yoona, this will be my third time walking in the aisle. Are you going to wait for my fifth before you tie the knot with your scrumptious boyfriend?"

 

"Like that's ever going to happen." Yoona said sarcastically. "I hate that selfish bastard."

 

"The more you hate, the more you love." Dara .

 

"Ma'am, Mr. Choi called a while ago. He sounds mad." Said by Sunny, her assistant. "He said you're not answering back his calls to your phone. What will I tell him?"

 

"Tell him, I have a date."

 

"And if he didn't believe?"

 

"Daesung and I are on for our second date tonight! Why will he not believe on it?"

 

That shut Sunny's mouth and walked away while scratching her head.

 

"Kang Daesung, the famous restaurateur? What happen to Seunghyun? I'm sure he'll get jealous!" Dara said.

 

"I don't give a damn about him!" Yoona said irritatingly. "As if he's not dating somebody else."

 

"Not that Kang Daesung is not a great catch himself, but you already have steak and lobster waiting for you on the other line. Seunghyun is a major hottie! And he's Hana's father! Are you out of your mind? I thought you guys were together?"

 

"We were but did he think about that when he screwed that two-legged spider?! Three to five times, come to think of it!"

 

"Huh? Why would Seunghyun do that? He's fiercely loyal to you. I literally keep showing him my y body but he never look at me, not even a single glance!"

 

Yoona's eyes widened. "You really did that?"

 

Dara looked at her guiltily. "I was just trying to flirt with him. But that's not the point here. See? Look at your reaction right now, you really love him!"

 

Yoona looked the other direction. "N-not anymore."

 

Dara smiled. "Whom are you fooling, my dear? Me or your self? I wonder?"

 

She felt more miserable. Her life had become so complicated since she met Choi Seunghyun.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"Good evening, Appa." Yoona greeted her father lifelessly once she got home. "Where's Hana?"

 

"Seunghyun fetched her this afternoon together with her nanny. Didn't he tell you?"

 

She was startled. The man was really serious on taking her daughter away from her.

 

"O-oh, I forgot." She said not wanting her father to know their current situation. "He did asked me earlier to fetch Hana. Too much work, so I forgot about it."

 

Her father just nodded. "I prepared your fresh milk. It's on your bedside table."

 

"Thank you, Appa."

 

Once she entered her room, she immediately dialed Seunghyun's number. And he answered her call on its second ring.

 

"How dare you! You didn't even ask permission from me!" She was so mad.

 

"Hello, sweety. Relax, will you? I thought you're going to give Hana to me peacefully?"

 

She just ignored his words.

 

"Did ajhumma brought all the things Hana needed? How about her vitamins?"

 

He chuckled. "Don't worry, she's fine, Yoona. My mother is taking care of her."

 

"When will you return her here?"

 

"Well, today is Friday so I'm planning to make her stay here this weekend."

 

She exhaled, reining her temper. "Okay. It is also a good thing Hana is with you right now."

 

A few seconds passed and then came his voice again.

 

"Why?"

 

She smiled.

 

"I have a date tonight. Thanks for taking care of Hana tonight. Just promise to return her first thing in the morning, okay, Seunghyun?"

 

"Now, wait a minute? What date? Who---."

 

She deliberately cut off the call.

 

Seunghyun called back shortly but she didn't answer any of it.

 

An hour later, Kang Daesung fetched her to bring her to his new opened restaurant. He was a co-owner of eleven gourmet restaurants in Seoul alone.

 

She would try to enjoy Daesung's company tonight. To hell with Choi Seunghyun!

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun was walking around the Olympic-size swimming pool situated at the back of their mansion, agitated like hell. Where the hell is that woman right now? Is she serious about dating Daesung? That's what Sunny told him when he called a while ago.

 

He cursed for the nth time. He'd been calling Yoona since ages but her phone was shut off. The little witch had shut off her phone on him!

 

He walked towards Hana's room. His heart softened and felt calmed for the mean time while staring at his little angel sleeping peacefully to her bed. This child was the strongest bond he had with Yoona and it cannot be easily broken.

 

The thought really calmed his nerves. He lay down beside his daughter and closed his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona controlled herself not to call Seunghyun and asked about her daughter the next morning even she was so scared to death with the thought that he might not return Hana to her anymore. She knows Hana will look for her sooner or later. She carried Hana in her womb for nine months and her daughter is still dependent on her no matter how rich her father is. Hana was still a baby and her child still needed her, she was absolutely sure of that.

 

Under the law, Seunghyun won't easily take her daughter away from her. But Seunghyun has all the power to make her life miserable. He had all the money and connections to make mountains move. If she antagonized him too much, he could make her life difficult. She doesn’t want her daughter to suffer in the end.

 

She must tread carefully. She will let Hana be with her grandmother every weekend. Even though she and Seunghyun are not in good terms, she won't let his mother to be involved to their problem. Mrs. Choi was a kindest woman she had ever met and her love to Hana was unconditional.

 

Kang Daesung called her again that day. He was asking her to eat outside. She felt so down that she said yes. Daesung is a great man, and a good listener, too. She could use a good friend right now.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"Seunghyun, what's the meaning of this?!" Mrs. Choi asked his son angrily. "Why does Yoona is in the society page of the newspaper with another man's arm?"

 

It was Sunday and he was having breakfast with her mother at the poolside. When he saw what her mother was talking about, his felt blood flowed up to his head in an instant. It was the society page of the Sunday Inquirer. The witch was almost kissing Kang Daesung at a party. They were laughing in the picture and were probably doing God-knows-what when the cameras weren't flashing!

 

She was really dead serious when she said she'll live like a single woman again. He wanted to tear the paper into tiny pieces because of frustration.

 

"Is this the reason why Hana is here with us? Did the two of you had a fight?" Mrs. Choi continued to asked. "So this is the reason why I haven't seen Yoona for days now."

 

He kept his mouth shut.

 

"Seunghyun, tell me the truth." Mrs. Choi asked her son with obvious doubt. "What did you do to make Yoona be with other man?"

 

Seunghyun sighed deeply. Knowing her mother, he had no choice but to tell her the truth.

 

Mrs. Choi smacked his head very hard. "Ouch! What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter