{Chapter Five}

{ At the Bay of Victoria } - Hiatus

{Chapter Five}

 

(Kang Min Yeon)

 

The thickness of the smoke in the room is clouding my vision making it impossible to see what was going on but for one, I am pretty certain that whatever that was covered by the smoke, it is not going to be a nice surprise for me. The choking smell of kerosene and burnt lingered in the air, mingled with the overpowering sharp stench of blood was a straight giveaway answer to whatever that is happening around me. I coughed as I accidently inhale the stench.       

This is when I heard the sound of creaking floorboard along with the sound of footsteps behind me. I stay rooted to the ground as fear grasped my heart.

“I see you have come to watch a good show.” A voice whispered into my ear as I felt a cold hand brushed against my shoulder; sliding down to my waist, sending shivers down my spine.

As the smoke started to clear away suddenly, I heard myself gasped at the scene in front of me. Though the smoke was not completely cleared away, I could see that there was Bom Unnie tied on a chair, unconscious. Her hair was clumped with dried blood and her face was so pale. I could feel my heartbeat quicken at the thought her current state. Lord knows how long she has been in this state…

“Enjoying what have you been seeing? Wait for the next one.” Came a low chuckle.

Gone was the smoke and this time I could clearly see that Bom Unnie was not alone. Beside her, on another chair was the guy I bumped into at the police station. He too, was tied up and his mouth was taped but what was different was that he was staring straight at me, his eyes filled with horror and shock.

“Oh my…” I murmured sub-consciously, my body shaking with unknown fear.

The floorboard started creaking again. This time I am able to see a figure behind the guy but I could not make out who was it. I could literally feel the figure smirking as it slowly raise its hand, revealing a sharp knife.

I could feel my heart coming to a stop as the figure placed the knife on the guy’s throat. Crimson red blood started dripping down his neck as the knife cuts in deeper.

My knees weaken as I fell down on the floor, gasping for breathe. Clutching my heart that was aching so much that it feels like I’m having an attack, I slowly slipped into darkness as I faintly made out someone yelling.

‘Save them’ was the last thing I thought before I totally gave in to darkness.    

 -

 

I flicked my eyes opened in fright, panting for breathe. Swallowing the air in huge gulps, I grabbed my comforter for support as I tried to calm myself down from the dream I just had.

 

As my panting subsided as time goes by, I laid on the bed, slowly recalling the dream I just had. The scene that replayed in my mind over again made me feel so nauseous, reminding me of how raw and real the fear felt just now.

 

What was that dream all about? It just gave me an uneasy feeling, like it is telling me that bad something is going to happen to Unnie and… the guy that I have just met in the afternoon. Tons of questions ran through my mind. Why would I dream of that guy? He just gave me a weird feeling – something that I could not fathom why.

 

It’s getting nearer to dinner time, I thought, taking a glance at the table clock. Perhaps getting out of bed can help to clear my mind a little from the nightmare I just had. Getting down the stairs, a familiar chuckle caught my ears.

 

“Dara unnie!” I squealed when I caught the sight of a petite brunette in the kitchen with the rest. 

“Hi there, kiddo” she laughed as she hold me in her embrace and gave me a tight hug.

“Can’t… breathe, unnie…” I barely managed to choke out all thanks to Dara unnie who is squeezing the air out of me, refusing to let me go.

“Stop hugging her, Dara. She looks like she’s about to die.” Bom unnie injected, laughing before I almost turned purple from lack of air.

 

“Why are you here anyway?” I asked when Dara unnie let go of me. It is certainly weird for someone as loud as Dara unnie to arrive unannounced.

“Of course I have to be here for moral support! I have planned I travel down with you guys but my stingy boss wouldn’t let me off yesterday. So as a surprise, I got Ji to get me this morning.” She grinned, flashing her pearly whites. “Besides, I have not seen Suk bu for a long time.”

 

“Ah, no wonder Ji oppa went missing after breakfast. Somebody is on a mission to pick his honey huh.” I nodded, giggling to myself.

“Got a problem with that, Yeonie?” Ji oppa said as he placed a peck on Dara unnie’s lips.

“Go get a room, you two” I teased, sticking out my tongue at the lovebirds.

“We have plenty of that in this house, don’t you realize, Yeonie?” Bom unnie responded, raising her eyebrows.

“Unnie!” I groaned while the rest laughed.

 

“Hey! This tasted awesome and a little familiar though. Who made this?” Dara unnie marvelled as she popped a cookie in that she took from a nearby basket.

“Seung Hyun’s mother made them.” Ahjussi replied, looking at Bom unnie.

 

I saw Bom unnie flinched a little at the mention of Seung Hyun ssi’s name and the whole kitchen was filled with awkward silence.

“Erm, what’s up with these food?” I spoke, changing the subject, trying to lessen the awkwardness in the room.

Bom unnie gave me a small smile and replied, “It’s the monthly gathering that we had over here. We are supposed to have potluck at the bay of Victoria tonight.”

“I see. I bet unnie you are going bring something corn related huh.” I teased.

“HEY! WHAT’S WRONG WITH LOVING CORN?” Bom unnie hollered, sending the rest of us laughing at her expense.

 

 

{End of chapter Five}

 

-

Hiya! It had been long huh? *Hides*

Lousy me managed to whipped out this filter chapter in the midst of a severe writer's block >.<

I'm not sure when I will finish the next chapter but hopefully it's soon!

:)