{Chapter Three}

{ At the Bay of Victoria } - Hiatus

{Chapter Three}

 

(Choi Seung Hyun)

 

Getting off my truck, I walked towards the old Victorian house with a basket full of freshly baked cookies. My mother had baked them at the crack of the dawn, a weird hobby of hers that I cannot fathom. Delivering them to our neighbours had been my job since young, since I am the oldest among my siblings.

 

With a faint smile on my face, I moved towards the door and rang the bell. It had been quite some time since I last visited Ahjussi. I chuckled at the thought of him brewing his favourite coffee just for me every time I visited him. He has always treated me as his own son, despite the fact that most people in town thought me as the black sheep of my family.  He has always treated me the same, even after the incident. 

 

Hearing the turning of the door knob, I spoke. “Ahjussi, omma asked me to bring you some…” I stopped half-way when I came face to face with the person that I never thought I would ever see again. I could feel my body stiffen under her surprised graze and I clenched my jaw, ignoring the ache in my heart.

 

“Bom” I murmured.

 

The surprise look on her face faded into a hurt expression. As much I wanted to hold her in my arms again, I know it is impossible to do so now. Mustering the straightest face I can on, I handed her the basket of cookies.

 

“I’ve got to go,” I said before turning back to my truck, knowing that if I stay any longer, I might not be able to control my raging emotions.

 

As much as I yearn for her, I know there is no way we can go back to where we used to be. Not after what had happened ten years ago.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hey Seung Ri, where’s Chae?” I greeted my brother-in-law as I stepped into Vic, Seung Ri’s family diner.

 

“She went to pick up some vegetables for dinner, hyung,” The younger man replied as he grabbed two bottles of chilled beer and put them in front of me.

 

Grabbing a bottle, I shoved it into my mouth and took a huge gulp.

 

“Woah, hyung, what’s wrong?” Seung Ri exclaimed.

 

“She’s back,” I sighed.

 

The younger man’s face turned into a slight frown before widening his eyes. “Noona’s back?!” He exclaimed, apparently surprised as his mouth was shaped in an O.

 

Letting off another sigh, I nodded as I finished off the last drop of the beer.

“Eh? Why are you here, oppa?” A female voice interrupted.

 

“Hey Chae,” I greeted my sister who was waddling in while juggling a bag of vegetables in her arms. 

 

“You have not answered my question, oppa,” she pouted while swatting Seung Ri’s hand off her bag of grocery as he attempted to snatch the bag.

 

“Noona is back, Chae. Now give me that bag.” Seung Ri nagged.

 

“I’ve heard and Mr Lee Seung Ri, I AM PREGNANT not disabled, okay? I still have the capability to carry a damn bag which is not heavy at all so quit nagging at me.” Chae Rin snapped at her husband. 

 

“But… Say something, hyung!” Seung Ri turned to me and whined.

 

Shaking my head, I said, “Chae, just give him the bag and we all will have the peace we needed.”

 

“Aish.” My sister murmured, rolling her eyes as she gave her bag to Seung Ri and took to a seat next to me.

 

“How’s unnie doing?” She asked playing with my empty beer bottle.

“Fine, I guess. Perhaps better than just fine, she seems to be doing great. More sophisticated and beautiful than ever…” I murmured.

Chae give a little smile before continuing with an amused tone, “I bet you still have a thing for unnie.”

 

Before I can say something to shut her up, her phone rang. Talk about great timing. Shooting her a dirty look which she reciprocated by sticking out her tongue, she answered her phone. Seeing a change in my sister’s face from an annoyed expression to a grave one, I frowned.

 

“What’s wrong, Chae?” I asked as she ended the call.

“Oppa,” she turned to me before continuing her sentence, “We need a trip down to the station.” 

 

{End of chapter Three}

 

`

Jay's Note: Here's a chapter for you guys to enjoy as promise before I fly off tomorrow~ :) Hope you enjoy this! Will update soon after I come back! Also, I'm sorry that I'm unable to reply comments today as I'm rushing for time (I'm still packing >O< ). Keep the comments coming in! I will reply on the next chapter~ :)

PS: Next chapter in MinHo's POV ;)