{Chapter Four}

{ At the Bay of Victoria } - Hiatus

Hello people! I'm soooooooooooooooooooo sorrry for the very late update!  ):  My internship had keep me busy enough so yeah... No TopBom interaction for this chapter (but still needed as a chapter) but as peace offering for not updating for so long, I've decided to post this one-shot for my lovely readers. Yes, it's TopBom! (A compensation for the lack of TopBom interactions for this chapter.) Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and the one-shot. PS: Remember to comment~

-

{Chapter four}

 

(Choi Min Ho)

 

“Oppa, how long do we need to wait?” HyunA asked with frustration as she played with her long brown locks.

 

I shrugged my shoulders. To be honest, I too, am sick of waiting. It had been 2 freaking hours since we are brought to the station and the thing is we are not even the criminals. We are just HELPFUL passer-by.

 

“Please come with me.”  A man signalled us to follow him.

 

Trailing behind the man, we were led to a room which I soon recognized it is Chief inspector Kim, HyunA’s father’s office.

“Chief inspector Kim” I greeted as I stepped into the office.

 

Standing up from his seat, he smiled gently at us and gestured us to move nearer.

“Inspector Lee, please close the door.” He motioned the man that brought us in to close the office door.

 

“Kids, you must be wondering why are you here.” He said, looking at us.

“What’s wrong, Appa?” HyunA frowned.

 

With a sigh, he continued, “As you know, you have discovered a small fire at the Victoria. We have discovered that the fire was started by a lighted cigarette . Thankfully, there is not much damage caused to the building.”

“Isn’t that good, sir?” I spoke. It’s a good thing that Victoria is not burned badly, isn’t it?

“Yes, it’s a good thing that our historical building is not damaged but we have found something may be a concern of yours, Min Ho.”

“Me?” I questioned. What exactly did I do wrong?

“Well, not exactly you. It’s more of your family. We have found…”

Before Chief Inspector Kim could finish his sentence, we were interrupted by a knock on the door.

 

“Eh? Chae noona? I thought you are on leave? Seung Hyun hyung?” I exclaimed in surprise when the door revealed my older brother and sister.

Before Chief Inspector Kim can continue, there’s another knock on the door, this time revealing Bom noona (since when is she back?) and a girl that look a year or two younger than me. Stealing a glance at hyung, I noticed an unreadable expression on his face. Alright, this is certainly weird. What is going on and why is everyone gathering in this office?

 

“As I was about to say earlier on, after putting out the fire, we have found some evidence that relate back to Park Eun’s murder case ten years ago.”

All head turned and looked at Chief Inspector Kim in alarm. Eun noona’s murder case? What in the world is this…

 

Lifting up a clear zip-lock bag with a piece of burned bracelet, he continued. “We have found this bracelet, after putting off the fire at the Victoria. It’s a bracelet with a locket. We have identified this as related evidence to the murder case ten years ago as we found a picture of Park Eun in the locket. However, we are unable to identify who does this belongs to or who is the person Park Eun is holding arms with in the picture due to the fact that the bracelet is indeed badly damaged due to the fire. So, hereby, I gathered you all, hoping that you are able to provide some insights for us so that this time, we are able to start investigation and properly close this unsolved case.”

 

“What?” I blurted out, causing stares from the rest.

 

“Let me take a look.” Bom noona finally spoke, taking the bag from Chief Inspector Kim.

“I remember seeing something similar to this but I don’t think this particular one belongs to my sister. My sister’s chain had a pink crystal while this has a red crystal…” She stated after checking the bracelet.

Nodding, Chief Inspector Kim spoke as he casted a meaningful glance at Seung Hyun hyung. “If that is the case, you all may go now. This evidence has marked a start of a turning point for the case so I will retrieve the case and begin investigation. Hopefully, this time, the real murderer will be caught and punished by the law.”

 

Finally, I am able to get home for some sleep, I thought sleepily. Turning back, I said, “HyunA, hyung and noona, let’s… Ouch!” Before I can finish off my sentence, something, or rather someone bumped (hard) into me, causing me to whine in pain due to the impact. Looking down, I came face to face with the girl that came with Bom noona who is looking up at me, her brown eyes widen with shocked.

 

Unable to turn away, I found myself staring into her eyes. There is something familiar about her that I could not place, which this, is a total nonsense because I am certain this is our first meeting and my brain is screaming NO WAY to that. However, to my surprise, my tugging heart is telling me another thing. It feels as though we have met before. Argh. What is wrong with me?!

 

Her face slowly turned from a shocked expression into a frown as she broke the silence.

“I’m sorry” She murmured, keeping that frown on her face.

“It’s okay” I replied, giving her a small smile.

 

Instead of returning the smile to show friendliness, the frown on her face deepened as she moved away and walked out the door. What in the world is wrong with her?!

 

{End of chapter Four}

 

-

Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/83366