Wounds that aren't healing

Artificial Ai


KISEOPS POV

A few months Later...

[Replaying System Memory Data] ...Recieved 3:00AM...

"Useless...cheap...machine"...words that are echoeing in a loop.  A woman standing over me...beauty of an angel soul of a demon...taste of blood...anger...hurt...I can not make her satisfied. "Just die!" She says..."Disappear!"...body damaged...can not move... "Disgusting......he doesn't want you"...the abuse does not end...[end of memory..]

I jolt up from my bed waking up in a dark room dimly lit by the lights of my appliances, alone. I pat the side of my bed that AJ would be sleeping on if he were not away again. Our relationship was great but it would be better if he wasn't gone a lot. I understand though he's important and has an important job one that puts him in a lot of danger and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't in a state of constant anxiety every time he was away. But luckily as promised he always comes home to me mostly in one piece.

It had been a few days now since he had last left. I check my memory and realize that he is due to be back today. I felt a wave of happiness flood me at the thought of seeing AJ again. I needed his presence with all these "nightmares" lately; I needed some reassurence from the one I love. These memories had been plagueing me more often than usual. I wondered if it was my self-concious warning me not to get too close to AJ. Regardless, I try to ignore these thoughts.

AJ has been the best thing to happen to me; I have been nearly free from harrassment and if it wasn't for being owned by the club owner I probably could have stopped dancing since AJ sends me funds on a regular basis, even though I don't need it I save it incase of emergencies. He takes care of me so well and I smile at the thought. I know that there is no point in going back to sleep I wont be able too now that I'm excited for AJ's arrival.

I turn on the lights and begin to clean even though my place isn't that dirty. When I'm done cleaning I begin to make all of AJ's favorite side dishes and then go to wash up. By the time I finish with everything it's already 8:00am so I decide to grab my coat and leave to find a grocery market that would be open at this time to buy the rest of the ingredients I need for the main course.

The roads were quiet except of course for the drunks that are still stumbling out of the clubs. I hate this neighborhood that I live in but it's so convenient for work. I hear a few cat calls and whistles but I just pull my hood tighter around me and hurry to the store. It's 9:00am now and I finally find a store that is open. I walk inside keeping my gaze to the floor as to not draw any unwanted attention to myself. Even though most stores are friendly to all species and races there are still prejudice people who work and shop at them.

I move quickly only grabbing the things I need and make my way to the register. It was a young man working at the register he looked barely old enough to work there probably still just a teen. My eyes meet his as I take my hood off to pay him; he's looking directly at me and I can see the slight hint of a blush on his face. He looks like a puppy with his big dark eyes. Oh no what is he thinking? I whine to myself. Luckily all that happens is that he stares at me a little longer than what is normal and stutters as he takes my card to charge it. I bow to him and say goodbye and he does the same.

I look back at him out of curiousity and he is still staring at me. Maybe he hasn't seen many people like me, cyborgs and androids I mean. Or maybe he has a little crush on me I tease myself? I punch in the code to get inside and immediately make my way to the kitchen after taking my coat off. I work in haste as I wait patiently for AJ to call or message me.

Surprisingly there is no call and I start to worry. No Kisseop you don't have to worry AJ promised he will always come home, don't worry. I tell myself as I start to work on the dessert. My mind is no longer paying attention to the pastry batter that I'm working with, my eyes slowly trickle little tears as my built up anxiety starts to get the best of me, and soon I am a mess of emotion and cake batter.I only have time to cry for a little while when I hear the door to my appartment open and close and I look up to see AJ healthy and alive staring back at me with his feline grin.

AJ'S POV

I enter the apartment that has become my second home to see Kisseop in the kitchen, a mess of batter and tears on his face. If it wasn't for the ridiculous mess he had made of himself I would be worried. I drop my stuff off at the entrance and stroll into the kitchen to hold my boyfriend. As I get closer to him I see that his lower lip is trembling like a little childs. "Kiseop-ah, whats wrong are you ok?" I pull him tightly into my arms and pat his head, running my fingers through his slightly longer locks. He shakes his head "no" and so I pull away to look at him, becoming a little more concerned. "What happen, did someone mess with you?" I ask urgently.

"Ani, I just missed you and I worried...you didn't message me this time I thought something had happen." He says. I sigh in relief. "You know you can just call me yourself." I tell him. "I know but I don't like interupting you plus what would your companions think if I called you?" I want to smack him on the head for being like this but I don't. "Kiseop-ah I already told you I don't care what they say plus they already say things anyways, they are always teasing me about you since I always look at your pictures when I'm gone." I confess to him.

"Really you do that?" He asks. "Yes you're not the only one who gets lonely. I miss you too ya know." He smiles at me and starts to wipe his face clean. He goes to wipe the last of the batter from the corner of his jaw but instead I stop his hand and reach down with my mouth flicking my tongue out to swipe up the batter before pressing a kiss there. "AJssi..." His breathe hitches as he calls out my name. "It seems I've distracted you; you were making me somthing weren't you?" I ask him pointing to the mess on the counter. "Ah, yes I was." He says quietly and turns around to finish baking.

"I didn't realize I was going to come home to so much." I say when I open the fridge and see all the side dishes. "You've really been busy." I glance over at him as I take one of the containers from the fridge. He doesn't take his eyes off the cake. "Ne, I couldn't sleep.." He says, his voice trailing off like he wasn't finished talking. "Why?" I ask. "It's just a few things I can't stop thinking about but you don't have to worry it's not a big deal." His tone of voice said otherwise.

I walk up behind him and hug him resting my chin on his shoulder. "Please tell me, maybe I can help." I say. "I don't want you to worry. I'm fine really." He protests. "Seop-ah please tell me." He sets the cake in the oven and walks over to the couch sinking into it as he sighs. "Their just memories ok, memories that I don't really feel like sharing right now." I look at him from the kitchen he's still  not looking at me. "You can't just share a little? Who knows you might feel better." I say walking to the couch to sit next to him.

"Fine." He sighs. "It's about some people I used to know." He says. "That's it?" He looks over at me. "AJssi...it's not really that important." His eyes are pleading me to give up. "Who were they too you?" I ask anyways. His stare is stoic. "I'm your boyfriend right can't you tell me?" I ask grabing onto one of his hands and squeezing. "There was someone before you he had a fiance and lets just say she wasn't too fond of me. That's all I want to say right now." He admits. I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was, I knew that there was other people in Kiseops life but I just didn't want to hear or think about that.

And the fact that Kiseop was involved in an affair, he didn't seem to be that kind of person or maybe he isn't, he could have been forced against his will? The thought angers me. I want to ask him more about this affair; the curiousity already eating away at me but I promised him no more questions. Instead I pull him into my chest and hold onto him. "AJssi I need to check on the cake." He says muffled against my chest.

I let go of him and he goes to the kitchen to check on the cake and sets the food on the table in front of me. We sit quiet for a while just eating until he finally speaks. "When do you leave again? Soo Ae wants to hangout but I want to spend as much time with you as possible before you leave again." He says. Even though I know Soo Ae is no longer a threat since she had talking to that boy at the cafe more they aren't dating but I can see it happening in the future.

"Three days..5 at the most." I tell him. "That's all, why so short this time?" He looks at me disappointed. "There's something going on within the capital and they're are wanting us to investigate it, I can't tell you everything because it's dangerous." I sigh. I hated having to explain to Kiseop why I couldn't stay not because he irriated me or anything but because I knew how upset he becomes when I'm gone. We eat in silence for the rest of the time and it's not till we start to put up the dishes that there is a hectic ringing of his doorbell and knocking.

Kiseop starts to go towards the door but I push him back behind me. "This person could be dangerous." I tell him and walk over to the door pulling my gun from my utility belt that was hanging by the door. I crack open the door and there is a man who looks to be carrying another person. "Kiseopssi is that you please let us in?" The man calls out. "Who are you?" I call out. "It's me Kevin who are you wheres Kiseop?" The man becomes frantic. "Yah let him in!" Kiseop calls out as he is making his way towards me and pushes the door open for him. "Omo! Who's that?" Kiseop asks as the man strolls in quickly laying an unconcious boy on the couch.

"I don't know he came out of nowhere and..."

"And what?" I interupt quickly, "Did you do this?"

"Ani! He...he saved me!" The blonde says.

"Omo! I've seen him before!" Kiseop jumps back away from the boy.

"What?" I say. I look over at the boy once more and realize I too recognize this boy, Shin Dongho. I try to control the angry thoughts that are surfacing. "Hold on you can tell me later but first please explain to me Kevinssi what he is doing here?" I say as I point to the passed out boy on the couch.

Introducing new characters and going to work on side character stories in the next chapters! ^-^ Hopefully this makes the story more interesting so you dont get bored of just 2seop.