Memory

Artificial Ai

note: just to be super clear the italicised writing in the beginning is Kiseops thoughts. :p but I'm sure you all would have figured that out.

KISEOPS POV

     I thought I could only feel safe with you. That if I was owned by you that everything would be ok. I wouldn't have to be scared anymore, no one could hurt me. But then she appeared one day. I couldn't tell you all the horrible things happening. I couldn't be saved by you. But it didn't matter anyways.

     You promised me something and then you broke that promise. You left me in pieces, confused, alone, and empty. Like a machine. But unlike a one I couldn't erase you from my mind. Did I love you? Maybe or maybe not, I had never loved someone before. I didn't know then about love. Do I share the same feelings for you as I do for AJ. No.

     I never feel like I have to do anything for AJ. I never feel guilt creeping in the back of my mind when I'm laying bare and exposed before him. I never have a feeling of satisfaction when he leaves. But instead I feel myself being pulled toward him as if we are two pieces that should not be seperated.

     So why do I feel like I still belong to you? Why do I feel guilty at the thought of being in a relationship with AJ? Why do I feel like at anytime you will show up out of nowhere and take me away from my happiness? Why can't I get rid of you?

...................................

     It was almost time for me to meet the girl at the pharmacy. I was in a bit of a rush and forgot my unbrella. I looked at the darkening sky and prayed that it would not rain. At least not til after I was done with my date. I arrived just in time as she was closing up the shop. Out in the distance I thought I saw a someone familiar, maybe AJ? I shake my head, it couldn't be him. He promised not to bother us.

     She steps outside and smiles immediately when she sees me. "Hi K- Oh what is your name?" She says even though I could have sworn she was about to say my name. "Lee Kiseop." I tell her. " Hello Kiseopssi, I am  Park Soo Ae. She does a short bow and I do the same. She takes the lead and we arrive at a small quiet cafe.

SOO AE'S POV

     I couldn't believe I almost slipped and called him by his name! I hope he doesn't catch on and figure out that AJ had been here. I want to help them. Even though they are practically strangers. If I can just help one cyborg to find happiness then I will feel that my debt has been payed.

     I let out a small sigh of relief when he doesn't say anything and I lead us to a nice cafe that is hardly ever busy and non-human friendly. We sit down at a window seat and Kiseop watches the people walking by. Maybe he is looking for someone in particular, maybe his love? I giggle accidently out loud and catch his attention.

     "Wae?" He says snapping back to look at me as if he had been caught doing something. "Ani, do you know what you want to order?" I ask him. He picks up the menue and skims through it settling for an iced vanilla coffee even though it is cold. I choose a cappucino for myself because I enjoy the cappucino art the young man does here.

     It isn't long untill our drinks arrive and there is a lovely drawing of a rose in my cup. I look over at the boy and smile. I'm sure I am blushing but he doesn't seem to thrilled when Kiseop gets my attention. "Do you know him?" He whispers. "Kind of...we kind of flirt but we are too shy to talk to eachother. I'm a regular here though and always get the same thing so he can draw pretty things in my cappucino." I confess.

    I savor the image one more time before taking a sip. "I don't think he likes me." Kiseop says. "You noticed that too?" I say and giggle. "It's ok I know someone who doesn't really like me either..." I accidently say. "What?" Kiseop asks. "Nothing just thinking about a customer from work." I lie, sort of.

     We leave after our drinks are finished and I shyly wave goodbye to my crush. He smiles at me and I my cheeks blush again. No matter how many times he smiles that squinty eyed smile my cheeks burn as if they are on fire. I notice AJ from across the street but only for a second before he vanishes into the crowd. I doubt that Kiseop saw him. Knowing that he was watching I decided to hook my arm around Kiseops.

     He was surprised at first but didn't complain. We walked like that til we arrived at the shopping center and I let go of him so I could shop through the stores easier. He was nervous I could tell. "Are you not used to being around so many people?" I ask. "Ani, I'm around a lot of people for work....but I try to avoid them when I'm in public. Sometimes they....the customers notice me from where I work and..." He pauses looking really upset. I almost feel bad bringing up the subject unknowingly. "...they harrass me." He finishes.

     "I'm sorry Kiseop." I say gently and he puts on a fake smile. "It's ok." He says and I grab his arm again. "Here just stay close to me I will protect you." I smile big at him and he chuckles. "You're so small what help can you be?" He jokes, smiling for real this time. As we look through the stores he becomes more comfortable.

     He surprises me when we leave one of the stores with a hair pin I was looking at in the store. "Here, this is for you." He takes the hair pin and carefully places it in my hair. His hand lingering shortly as his fingers comb through my hair. "Pretty." He says and I blush slightly. I can't deny that a pretty boy like him doing something like that wouldn't make me blush!

     Suddenly Kiseop is yanked quickly from his position and we both let out a gasp. I am relieved when I turn to see that it is only AJ and not someone else. Anyone else would be frighten of AJ's appearence but I am satisfied. He looks pissed...but most of all jealous. And if it goes according to what I have planned, today will be the day he confesses to Kiseop. Or they just get into a big fight and I ruin everything. No! No negative thoughts Soo-ae!

AJ'S POV

     She said she wasn't going to get in the way and I took her word for it. Giggling in the cafe, all the smiling between them, I tolerated it. She looped her arms around my Kiseop and I tolerated that too, barely. But Kiseop voluntarily showing her such endearment I would not tolerate. Not when he isn't my boyfriend and maybe even then I wouldn't. Yeah I get it I sound jealous and a little to possesive. And to simply put it, like a jerk.

     But I wasn't always like this. I was easy going, I was forgiving, and I was quiet when it came to my feelings. And guess what that got me? Nothing. She was taken away right out from under me. I never even saw it coming. She was just gone. And I wasn't going to let that happen this time. I wasn't going to chance losing Kiseop.

     I know that he is mad at me right now. I can feel it in the way he stares at me. "AJ!" He shouts at me not using honorifics. He's really pissed. "What the hell!" He shouts again and instead of answering I just pull him away back towards his apartment. His voice quiets as we get onto the main street and he continues to express his unhappiness with my rude interuption.

     "Seriously Jaeseopssi what is your problem? I thought you said you werent going to bother us? Have you been following us this whole time?" He questions. "It's AJ." I say sternly. "No! I'm pissed with you right now, don't even bother coming home with me I'll go alone." He says and rips his wrist from my grip. I let him be and follow him home anyways.

     We reach his apartment and he goes to shut the door in my face but I force my way into his apartment. Sadly he knows that he can't force me out of his home and sadly there is no one to call for help. I feel bad for taking advantage of that. He's so upset now I can see that he is on the verge of crying. .

     I rush over to his side forgeting to soften my expression and he winces as if I'm going to hit him. I yank him up to look at me and crash our mouths together. My teeth connecting a little too hard with his lip, he whimpers and makes a poor attempt at pushing me away. I know he is pissed at me but I know he wants this too.

     I force his mouth open with little effort and slip my tounge inside. Dominating him quickly, not letting him have a chance to take a breath. Finally he pushes me away, followed by a slap to the face. I deserve this. He's breathing heavy, his stare is full of frustation, teeth gritted. He doesn't say anything. So I spill it. "Kiseop-ah..." I say instead of ssi. His expression softens slightly. "I want you...I want you to be my boyfriend." I say with every ounce of intensity I can conjur.

 

    

another short update...this came to me and I couldn't wait to share it. ^-^ enjoy