starting anew

Artificial Ai

AJ's POV

Like clockwork every day my alarm goes off, my feet touch the ground and I clean up. I dress myself, make coffee and walk out the door. Everyday my feet carry me to the same place, day or night it's always the same. Everytime I feel disappointed, empty, like something is missing when I walk away. What am I forgetting, what am I leaving behind when I turn my back?

I try to shake off this feeling as I'm told over and over again by my friends that I'm not missing anything. Everytime they take me out to get my mind off of worrying about the subject. It's always the same we go out for drinks, "we" flirt and we go to strip clubs. Was I like this, did I like going to these places? Did I like to take advantage of these unfortunate people, was this who I was?

They always reassured me that this is what I enjoyed but why am I not enjoying it now? It was almost time again for our meet up I almost want to make an excuse to not join them. Only two more weeks of this and we are off again to some other mission and I don't know if I can handle this anymore. Whoever this AJ was died and was replaced with this new man.

"C'mon you'll really like this place I promise." One of them says to me, it's hard to believe but I comply anyways and let them lead me to another club. We walk inside and it feels vaguely familiar but I'm told I've never been in here before. The sounds and lights the entertainers in their uniforms all of it feels familiar to me. "Are you sure I've never been here before?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah boss you've never been here don't you trust us?" One of them says. The word trust rings in my head. I should but something inside screams at me not to but I try to ignore it. Instead I watch the dancers as they come on and off the stage. Next the lights turn down way low until there is just a faint blue light.

The pit of my stomach tingles with excitement and I don't know why. Two dancers come out a male and a female both equally gorgeous and I immmediately recognize the boy as the person who had mistaken me as his friend AJ. I watched his every move so closesly that I could see even the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. This didn't feel like the first time I've seen him like this. Maybe I had come here without my comrades knowing, maybe I had kept this beautiful boy a secret from everyone. Maybe I was his AJ.

Now the question is, if I am his AJ do I still want to be? I have a fresh start I can go on with the rest of my normal life, find a normal woman with no complications. Do I want that? I think about my routine since I've been home, sleep, eat, party, wake up alone. I can't help but wonder what kind of life it was with him in it.

Suddenly I don't want to be in here anymore. I don't want to watch him dance. I don't want to know the fact that all these people, men and woman are watching him and only seeing him as a ual desire. Not even caring to get to know who he really is, not caring if this is what he enjoys to do for a living or if he is suffering behind mask. Does he go home at night to a lonely apartment, is he missing someone and does he have family that calls to check on him?

I get up angry at all my thoughts, angry at all these people and most of all angry at myself for ever being this kind of person. I don't even care that I've knocked over a chair and made someone spill their drink. I disregard the empty threats and walk out of the club. I go as far as I can away from it and let the rain wash away my filth. I'll never go back there, I'll never allow myself to look at him like that again. Before I realize it my feet have brought me back here again, why?

Kiseop's POV

"Are you sure you want to go back tonight? It's already late you can just go back tomorrow." Kevin says to me as I gather what little things I had brought with me. "I'm sure if I don't do it tonight I'll just find more reasons to stay longer and I've already overstayed my welcome." I tell him. "No you haven't and you know that, I'm here for you Kiseopssi you don't have to be alone." He says to me.

"Kevinssi, I'm really thankful but I need to do this for myself. I need to get over him; after seeing him tonight at the club it made me realize that." I say giving Kevin a squeaze on his shoulder to reassure him. "I'm going now I'll see you tomorrow." I say and head back to my own apartment.

I know it was late and I should have stayed but after seeing AJ tonight at the club enjoying himself it made me think. Maybe I shouldn't interupt his life anymore than I have. It was my fault that this had happen to him. I don't want to imagine any more trouble that I could cause him. "I'm doing this for you AJ." I repeat to myself out loud. I wont interupt your life I'll let fate decide if we meet again.

I've finally made it home as always my apartment is dark. It looks lonely from the outside and I know that it will be just as lonely inside. I start to rethink my decision and take a step back towards Kevins. No I have to do this. I never depended on anyone before why am I doing it now?

I take a step forward and let my feet carry me to my apartment upstairs. I put in the passcode and walk through dropping my bags immediately when I inside. I don't even bother to turn on the lights until I've made it to the kitchen. I grab a water bottle from my fridge and turn to face the living  room and almost jump through the roof.

"Why do I know the passcode to your apartment, how did I know it was this one out of all the apartments and how did my feet know to take me here?" AJ says from my couch his face dimly lit by light from the kitchen. I'm frozen in disbelief. When I said I would leave it to fate I never thought it would actually bring us back together.

"AJ..." Is all I can say to him in my current state. I feel warm tears betraying me as they streak my face. I couldn't believe that he had found his way back to me. "Was I that kind of person to have kept you a secret from everyone? I seem so important to you but you must have not been that important to me if I treated you this way so easily." He says, I'm confused by his words but I'm sure he is even more confused than me.

"Ani, you've got it all wrong." I finally manage to say.

"Then tell me, tell me who I really am, who I was to you and who you were to me, please!" He yells in distress. "Everyday I've come here, everyday I left empty. Where have you been in that time, how could you leave me alone like this so easily!" He continues to yell. I'm scared, hurt. "And you think this has been easy for me? You disappeared AJ, I thought you had died. For months I believed you were gone forever and when I find you again you treat me like..." I couldn't even say the last part. "Of course I gave up on you but now...you've come back to me. You wouldn't have found me if I didn't mean anything to you." I choke out in a sob.

"Please help me remember." AJ pleads his own eyes filling up with tears. "I want to remember...us." His last statement gave me the last push I needed to go to him. Quickly I cross the room and pull AJ into my arms. I feel him tense and then relax into my embrace. "How does that feel?" I test him. "My chest...it's pounding." He says.

"Good. If it was any other response I would have sent you home." I as I look up at him. "I'll help you remember AJssi, you can trust me."

"There's nothing screaming otherwise." He says.

"What do you mean?"

"When everyone else said to trust them something inside me screamed not to listen but with you it's diferent."

I squeaze him tighter before I release him again. He looks at me like he wants to say something but he doesn't. "There's a lot for me to tell you but unfortunetely I need to sleep." I say as I walk towards the door to let him out. He just stands there. "Can I stay, I don't want to go back, I promise I won't do anything stupid I'll stay right here on the couch." He says so innocently I know he is telling the truth.

"Fine but don't try to be smooth or anything I know how to handle myself and I'm not easy understand that Kim Jaeseop." I warn him anyways before I walk over to the hall closet and grab the extra bedding. I toss it on the couch and walk over to my bedroom. "Good night get some sleep we have a lot of work tomorrow." I say before stepping inside.

AJ'S POV

I find it really hard to sleep everytime I close my eyes my thoughts get louder. The questions I have ring inside my head I'm impatient and I don't think I will be able to sleep. I turn my head to the side and stare at the digital clock. The time glows green 4:30AM and I sigh once more. It's only been forty minutes.

I stare at his door and contemplate whether or not to wake him. It would be rude the poor man didn't get home till almost 1AM but at this point I'll go mad before he wakes. Despite everything my will breaks and I tip toe quietly to his room. Luckily his door was cracked open and I easily slip inside.

"Ok if he wakes up easily I'll bug him if not I'll just go back to bed." I whisper quietly to myself. "Kiseopssi..." I kneel beside his bed and poke him. "AJssi...I missed you..." He says in his sleep. "No..not..here.." I blush at the thought of what he could be dreaming about. "Kiseopssi.." I poke him again.

Suddenly he reaches out to grab at something I assumed it was me. Afraid of him waking I hold out my hand and he grabs it cradling it close. Everytime I go to pull it away he holds it tighter, whining for me not to go. I can no longer tell if he is asleep or awake so I wait just to be safe.

I must have fallen asleep because when I wake up again the light is slightly leaking in through the cracks in the curtain and I can see Kiseop staring at me through heavy-lidded eyes. "Are you awake?" I ask him. "Ne." He answers in a dreamy voice. Everything about him is beautiful even this early in the morning. "Good morning." He speaks again.

"Hey, it's not what it-"

"It's ok AJssi" He quickly assures me.

"Well I'll let you get ready then." I say getting up to leave. I make the mistake of turning around to look at him his perfect body exposed and a well visible morning "issue" catches my eyes. He quickly covers himself and blushes hard in my direction. "I-I'm sorry!" I say and quickly shut the door my hand still on the knob, shaking because I want nothing more than to go back inside.

Soohyun's POV

Just on time as usuall. He always shows up right as I'm buttoning the top button of my shirt like he knows when I'm properly clothed. Maybe he does, maybe it's just one of his many talents father had him conditioned for. "Master Shin." He lets his presence be known formally although we both know that I know he's here.

"Everyday you come at this exact moment, even when I switch up my routine your always here when the last button is done. Are you spying on me Hoonmin?" I half tease but at the same time rather curious. "No sir, well not exactly, I can hear it when you secure it that's how I know when to come inside." He says and I'm fascinated by what I've learned.

"So your hearing must be magnificent, is it in testing beta? I've never heard of such great hearing." I say to him from within the car. "Yes Master Shin, it is." He simply answers. "So tell me why do you always enter when you hear the last button fasten?" I'm almost positive of the answer but I want to hear it anyways.

"Because your father instructed. He said you must be properly decent before I may enter your room." I knew it. I chuckle to myself, "Well Hoonmin you have nothing to worry about with me, my father has it all wrong, there is only Kiseop." I say to him and grip his shoulder as I walk by. "Come, I'm growing bored of this conversation." I say and we leave my room.

"So what else do you do besides spy on me?" I ask him and he takes me serious. "I don't spy I-"

"Yes I know that I'm just joking, do you know how to joke or did my father take that away to?"

"Joking...I know what it is but I'm not conditioned to be your companion so joking is not something I was instructed to do." He blantantly states.

"I see, well your life must be really boring." I say in a sympathetic voice. "All day you must watch over me, I don't imagine you have friends or hobbies. And I don't imagine you have anything to live for, I'm sorry." I say placing my hand on top of his apologetically. I understood that I had been bitter towards him the last couple of weeks even though it wasn't his fault.

"I exist to watch over my Master." He says stoicly and pulls his hand away.

"I see but existing isn't the same as living, Hoonmin." I say under my breath and nothing more is said during the rest of the car ride between us.

It's been almost a month since I took away AJ's memories and I wondered how well it is working. Even though I instructed his friends to keep Kiseop away from him I've heard from some of my connections that they had seen the two together. As much as I don't like it I've done what I can. There is no way I can keep them apart now not without risking bringing Dongho further down with me.

Thanks to my reckless behavior my own brother can't leave our home not even for studies. I really messed things up for him and his own love even though I don't really approve of them it still wasn't my place to judge him. Even if I do want a normal life for Dongho, I know him, he will never open up to someone else again. It was just the kind of person he has always been.

I want Kevin to know how special he is to my brother but I know he would never listen to me so going to him would be a waste of time. "Master Shin we are here." Hoon says, breaking me from my thoughts. I nod at him and step out of the car and looked toward the place that I hated the most in the world. The place where it all began, my familie's company.

Hoon's POV

It's been two weeks since I've been in active service with my Master. It hasn't really been that hard to watch over him like I've been instructed the only dificulty I've been facing is my own feelings. Every once in a while I feel and urge like a sudden impulse to speak my mind, to act out of place even though I know that it's wrong.

I shouldn't be having these feelings, that's not what I've been bred for. So secretly I go to my master's father with my problem when I feel those urges and I am again connected to the same machinary that I had come accustomed to as a child. I shouldn't have those memories either but they aren't affecting my duty so I don't bother to mention them.

Some nights it is so excrutiating that I barely make it back to the servants quarters in the mansion without being seen by either master's. If I'm not capable to withstand such procedures I'm sure the master's father will replace me and I don't want to go back to that place where I have no purpose.

I know Master Shin thinks that my life is pathetic but he doesn't understand how far worse it was before, when I was nothing but a number and a play thing to the men and woman that oversee's the facilities. I was serious when I said that I exist to watch over him, without him I wouldn't be Hoonmin.

Again I've managed to make it back to my room where I pass out fully clothed on my futon. Tomorrow will be another long day and I only hope that I don't have these feelings anymore. I just want them to go away before I make a mistake. I am not made for mistakes. I look at the clock again and it's 4:00AM I'll have to to be away in three hours to assist Master Shin. I sigh loudly feeling a slight bit of frustration another feeling I am not aloud to have. I slam my fists onto the ground beside me and close my eyes.

 

Author notes: Yay finally an update, i know. I'm really excited to get started on Hoon's story let me know how you are liking it so far. And not to worry more 2seop is coming soon! ^-^