The Consequences of Our Actions

Artificial Ai

Donghos POV

As she droned on to us I couldn't understand why father favored her so much but then again they were the same. She hated A.I and most of all she hated the man that threatened my hyungs reputation. "So what was he doing here, did you bring him here, did he come here since he saw me with Jaeseop?" She continued to banter Soohyun hyung.

"Why do you care? You were obviously going behind my back to see Jaeseop!" He yells back. "So? My unfaithfulness wont even compare to what kind of trouble the two of you will be in if I tell your father. Tsk, how do you think he will react when he finds out both of his sons are gay, you're both practically useless to him now."

"We'll let father decide that." I finally interupt her. "So your not denying it?" She turns to look at me. "What point is there you will believe what ever you want too." I say bluntly. "Dongho-ah, can I talk to you in my room?" My brother pulls me in the direction of his room. We don't talk the whole way to his room. He walks in first and I shut the door behind us. "What's going on, is it true, why are you doing this, is it because of me?" He asks one question after the other.

"Ani, you got it all wrong. I...like him." I confess to my hyung.

"why?"

"I...it's not something that can be explained so easily."

"What have you guys done?"

"What?! Hyung! We haven't done anything at all."

"Then how do you know you like him?"

"I've held him, I've kissed him, I've lied awake at night thinking about him, that's how I know."

"Oh, it seems my little brother has grown up so fast with out me even noticing." Soohyun hyung says. "You would have noticed if you weren't so upset over Kiseop." I accidently blurt out. "Please don't blame him Dongho-yah, he's always been innocent and I forced him into so many horrible situations. I should have just left him alone." His head hangs low as he says the last part. "You were in love, anyone would have acted selfishly like you." I say to him. "Even you, will you let him go before someone get's hurt?" Soohyun says.

My brothers words rang loud and clear in my head. It was true, if I didn't want anyone to get hurt I'd have to let him go. But could I, could I be that strong? Or will I be selfish like my brother and allow Kevin to get hurt?

Kiseops POV

"I'm too late Kevinssi. AJ is never coming back, he's going to die thinking  that something horrible has happened." I sob as Kevin holds onto me. I was surprised that I held myself together so well on the way to his house but as soon as we walked into his apartment I fell apart. "Kiseopssi it'll be ok he's going to come home. Let's just worry about yourself right now you need to eat and we need to talk about what the hell you were doing over at...that mans house." Kevin says the last part with disgust. I knew he didn't like him ever since he had abandoned me all those years ago.

Kevin leads me too his kitchen and sits me down at the small round table. "All I have is banchan but it's better than nothing so eat up." He orders me. "So now are you going to explain to me what you were doing at that bastards house?" Kevins spits out bitterly and I almost choke on my own food. "Kevinssi I know you hate him, hell even I sometimes hate him but calling him a bastard isn't that too much?" I say to him.

"No." He simply replies and I smile.

"Kevinssi you're the only real friend I have in this world." I tell him.

"Well aren't you lucky because I am the best." He replies smiling.

"I guess I should answer you now...Aj was taking me to his place for the first time when we saw someone parked outside his home. He thought it was his sister so we hurried inside but it was...that woman. I thought it was his sister so in order to not cause drama between them I ran. I ran for a long time and my body felt like it was shutting down and I guess I eventually collapsed in the middle of the street. I don't know how or why but I guess Soohyun had rescued me and brought me home; I woke up and Dongho was yelling at his brother for bringing me here and then he used my phone I guess to call you and that's all I know." I explain to him as I eat.

"Oh wow so Aj and that woman I connected somehow?"

"Yes, she was his Fiancee." I say coldly.

"What! How could Aj love such a cruel woman? He seemed like a nice guy. I don't trust him now." Kevin says.

"Yah, don't assume he's a bad guy, maybe he just made a wrong choice, like I did with Soohyun." I say sadly.

After that Kevin didn't say anything to me we just ate in silence. Many days passed, they turned into weeks and the weeks turned into months. I was convinced that Aj wouldn't be coming back but Kevin was there to pursuade me. I never went back to my apartment partially because Kevin wouldn't allow it and because I was afraid of what being alone would do to me. Everyday I checked my phone for any kind of possible sign that Aj had tried to get in contact with me; not a message, text or missed call was found and each time my hope sank into the pit of my stomach.

I also saw Kevins dispairity; in all this time he never recieved a message from Dongho. With my best efforts I tried to comfort him but he would just brush it off like it wasn't important. "Kevinssi it's been months, why haven't you tried to find him or call him or something?" I ask him when we are at work. "If he wants to see me he will I'm not going to chase after him I'm the oldest one it wouldn't seem right if I was the desperate one." He replies. "It's not being desperate it's being worried; what if he is in trouble?" I say to him and it's like a light bulb switched on in his head.

"Ani, he's alright, he's smart and strong for his age I'm not going to worry about it I'm sure he has everything under control." He says and the conversation ends there. The night seemed to drag on and last forever and it was finally time for us to go home. We were walking on the main street with all the businesses, despite all the verbal harrassment it was the safest at night. I heard a faint familiar laugh in the distance, it was so quiet that if I hadn't heard it before I would have never noticed it. I raise my head up and frantically look around.

Kevin begins to ask me what's going on but I quickly hush him and listen for that laugh again. "There." I say out loud and turn in the direction that it was coming from. Across the street in a small cafe a group of special officers like Aj were sitting, there is one with his back turned to me and I swear it belongs to Aj. I rush across the street without warning and hurry to confirm it myself. I reach out my hand and pull that man by the should to look at me. "Oh well hello there." Aj says so casually and I'm almost hurt. "It is you...why haven't you called me?" I say to him trying to not be upset.

"Excuse me but who are you?" He says to me and I feel like I've just shattered into a million pieces. "That's not funny Aj why are  you being this way, it's me Kiseop?" I'm trying to hold back from crying from Aj's cruel joke. "I'm sorry but I don't know you and I usually don't swing that way but I'll make an exception for you." He says with a chuckle and I quickly shut him up by slapping him as hard as I can across his face and walk away quickly to Kevin. I can hear his friends telling him to come after me but he tells them to leave me alone.


"Who was that? It looked like Aj!" Kevin says surprised with what he saw. "That bastard isn't Aj, I don't know who he is." I say and quickly walk to Kevins apartment.

short update! I will be working on  the next chapter later tonight. so let me know how you like this one. ^-^ Also if there is anything you'd like to see in the story like more side character stuff or some fluff or something let me know. And let me know what you think of Aj so far, what do you think is going on? thanks for subs and comments! (ahhh i forgot that I had missed an important sentence in aj and kiseops conversation that makes kiseop slap him, so im putting it in for people that ahvent got to read it yet.)