Hurt - T-ara

A Story to the Lyrics

Based on the song, Hurt by T-ara. This will be a Tiffber based story. Requested by naruyu93.


Tiffany's POV:

"I can't do this anymore, Tiff."

I've never felt such an extensive amount of pain in my chest before. None that had ever lingered so heavily, almost weighing my whole body down.

No one expects to feel heartbreak when they think they've found the one to live the rest of their life with. One day they could be cuddling you in their arms, and the next day they're gone. Just like that.

Love can work in all sorts of different mysteries, just as a break up.

FLASHBACK

I grabbed my towel that rested on the backside of one of SM's dance studio chairs, wiping the trickling sweat from my brow. Girl's Generation has been preparing for our upcoming GG Tour around Asia for a few weeks now.

Lee Oppa wants us to be on our TOP performance mindset, cutting our breaks and relaxation moments a bit too short. I understand this tour is an extreme impact on SM's advertisment system, but two minute water breaks? Really?

"Okay! Okay! That's it for today, ladies!" Taeyeon clapped her hands together, still wearing an optimisstic smile on her face.

I groaned in exhaustion as I placed my hands on the nape of my neck to stretch the front muscles of my torso, "Aish, finally."

We must've ran the I Got a Boy choreography, having small tweaks to certain parts of the song, at least twenty times before finally getting it down correctly.

"Tiffany, you coming with us to dorms or are you staying over Amber's tonight?" Sooyoung managed to say in between the crunching noises of the potato chips she had in .

"Oh, I'll be over Amber's. I haven't seen her in quite a while since our SM TOWN concert, and I'm sure she misses me just as much as I miss her right now." a small smile tugged from the edged of my lips as I picked up my training bag filled with my clothes.

"Are you both doing okay?" I saw Jessica slowly approach me with her towel thrown over her shoulder.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows, unable to understand the latter.

"What Jessica means is you both haven't talked since our concert, including text messages nor phone calls. As if you both haven't made any effort to in trying to talk to each other." Seohyun interjected into our conversation.

What do they mean we haven't made any effort? I mean we both have been extremely busy, me with practice and her with...well stuff.

I felt a pair of hands weigh down my shoulders followed by a voice, "We know about your fight, Tiff."

I immediately shifted my body to catch the owner of the voice, only to reveal Yuri with a worried look. My head looked left and right at my fellow members to recieve a response, but all I saw was the same facial expression.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." my voice slowly faded from my mouth, wanting to avoid the topic.

Amber and I had gotten into a disagreement before SM TOWN about how difficult it was for her to hide her feelings any longer. She told me that it came to the point where she believed that we weren't even in a relationship anymore.

"I know it's difficult holding a same relationship here in Korea, especially when you're are from the same production company. You both are forced to hide it, but Amber did seem a little hurt." Yoona added in with her own opinion to break the silence.

I avoided their eye stares and dragged my feet towards the studio entrance, "I-I have to go." I didn't want to listen to their criticism and opinions about our predicament.

"Fany." Taeyeon called out.

I turned my head slightly, just enough to have her know I was listening.

"You know we'll always be here for you. GG Fighting!"

I smiled softly and conitnued on my way out. I felt my heart thumping faster than usual, knowing the fact I'll be seeing Amber after such a long time.

I soon arrived just in front of her door and hesitated in kncoking on the metal surface. "A-Amber?"

Not long after, the door swung open. Amber stood in the door frame with a blank expression painted on her face, she flicked her finger motioning me to come in.

She didn't say one word since she greeted me at the door.

Is she okay? I thought she'd be more excited to see me, rather than playing this morbid act.

I sat myself down on her black suede couch, placing my feet under me to keep them from getting cold. Amber sat on the arm chair just across from me, head down and her hands clasped together.

Silence had probably filled the room for a little over half an hour, with tension slowly rising.

"Tiff..." My name escaped her lips, quietly. Her head didn't lift up nor did her position adjust.

My heart thumped faster and faster in fear of what Amber was thinking, is she still mad at me?

"Amber baby, I know what I said to you during that fight was wrong. And I'm very sorry. I was just afraid of how our careers would be effected, I was thinking about what was best for us." I attempted to explain my feelings out to her. I've only thought about what would proper best in our relationship, including our careers.

Her head slowly lifted up, enabling me to capture a full view of her features. The expression she held this time held so much pain and sorrow, leaving me in utter confusion.

"I can't do this anymore, Tiff."

I could literally feel my heart sink into my stomach from those six words. Six words I had always hoped that would never leave . Six words that caused my whole world to crumble down.

"I-I don't understand what you're saying..." My voice cracked from the wave of tears that engulfed my eyes.

"I just can't do this anymore. Our relationship, if it could even still be called that, feels like nothing. There's nothing left, an empty shell. I've tried my hardest to push the frustration of having us apart and rarely having any interactions together. I see you once every three weeks, and when I try to even hug you, in private, you push me away." she rambled on as small tears began to from at the ends of her almond eyes.

"A-Amber...no....please...." I begged as I placed my hands over my nose and mouth.

I didn't want to lose the one who meant the most to me. I can't let that happen. I just can't...

"Tiff, please. I need you to understand. I can't continue a relationship where we can't even act like we're together in the privacy of my own home. I want to be loved. I want to someone to understand me."

"Am...please stop this...."

The thumping in my chest soon tranformed into painful throbbing. My tears soaked my jeans from the motion of them running down my cheeks and off my chin.

It hurts. Amber, please stop this. It hurts.

"I've found someone who's came to love me publicly and isn't afraid of losing everything for me. I didn't want to believe that our relationship was taking a turn for the worse. But everytime you'd neglect me and chose to push me away, she was always there to throw my worries right out the window. She cares for me, and I care for her."

I heard a clink on the surface of the glass table, revealing that she'd slid the promise ring I had given her over to my side.

"Amber...please. I love you, Am..."

"I'm sorry, Tiff."

It had only been two weeks since our break up, and news began to surface about Amber's new found relationship with her bandmate Krystal.

Two weeks since I had lost her.

I never had noticed how empty and lonely I felt without her to cheer me up or giving me dorky smiles. I miss her. My whole body aches for her touch and love. For her.

The pain in my chest grew more and more with everyday I spent knowing I wasn't hers anymore. I wasn't the that made her happy anymore. I wasn't the name she called out or the mouth that she kisses.

But I knew that with any amount of time I would be given to heal and move on, I will always hate myself for holding such a heavy heart for her. That I would always love her.

I will always love you, Amber Liu.


A/N: So? Too heartbreaking? Too morbid? I felt so bad for witing such a painful story. BLAH. But there you go!

Sora.