Two

Snow Flakes in the Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyoung's POV - Three months previously

The first thing that strikes me the moment I wake up is how cold it is.

I feel the chill seep in through my skin and caress the warmth of my blood with its cold, icy fingers.

I gasp as I open my eyes and I'm blinded by the brightness of the fluorescent lights that loom above me, deafened by the electrical buzz that pulsates in the air.

It takes me a while to hear it, a while for my eyes to adjust till I can finally see where I am, feel the hard table beneath me, hear past the ringing in my ears, and breathe, breathe, breathe.

"Jiyoung-ah?" A familiar voice says. I blink but all I see is a shadow against the scintillating lights so I keep blinking till a proper figure appears and I finally see my brother's face above me, eyebrows creased, a worried expression filling his face.

"Jin Op-oppa?" It is only when I speak that I realize how dry my throat is and how consticted it feels.

My brother sighs, a gesture that I can tell is filled with relief and that's only when I see my mother who stands beside him and my father who stands across from them, on my other side.

"Thank God." My father breathes. "We thought... we thought you'd..."

I try to sit up but my mother holds me down gently.

"No, Jiyoung." She shakes her head. "The doctor says you should rest."

"Wh-what happened?"

"You fainted." Jin answers, his forehead still creased with concern. "Right after Chemo finished."

Suddenly a burning sensation devours my stomach and I feel it clawing against the walls, growling, thrashing, begging to be let out.

I close my eyes.

"I don't... I don't feel so good." I barely croak out and open my eyes again. "Does anyone have water?"

My mom, dad and brother's head all turn to one direction and I struggle to follow their gesture, my head heavily turning to see who they're all looking at.

"I'll call Dr. Bang in." The tone of the female voice is clipped, not in a rude way but a professional sounding one. I fail to turn my head and see who it is but the moment I hear the clinking of heels and the ruffling of papers, I immediately know it was a nurse.

I close my eyes again and try to breathe as calmly and evenly as I can even with the angry animal that has invaded my stomach, even with the fire that is burning through my throat. I open my eyes and I see my father reach out to hold my hand, my mother caresses me and my brother, Jin, who is carrying a bottle of water in his hand.

"He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter