Four

Snow Flakes in the Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyoung’s POV – Present Day

The stars are burning out. It’s late and cold and they are hard to see with the bright light the café emanates and the city lights themselves.

I pull my coat closer and rub my hands together, trying to create friction, trying to keep them warm.

The couple that sits on the table behind me are getting on my nerves. For the past half hour I’ve been sitting here alone, I’ve had nothing else to listen to that’s in hearing range other than their petty fighting. I’d rather not listen at all, trust me. But occasionally the girl’s voice raises so loud that the customers that sit in the entire café’s outer tables turn their heads to look.

That doesn’t include me, though. I couldn’t care less but the tones hit so high they leave a constant ring in my ears.

I place my elbows on table I’m sitting in and plant my face in my open palms. The table is empty except for the barely touched mug of hot chocolate that Jin Oppa bought me. I touch the outer surface and feel the cool porcelain under the tips of my fingers. I almost groan.

Where is Jin Oppa anyway?

And then my phone rings.

“Where on earth are you?” I say, exasperated. I don’t mean to sound like such a brat, but he just left me with a barely reasonable excuse and I’m so tired I want to go home.

“Hey, Jiji. It’s me.” A voice that doesn’t belong to Jin Oppa replies.

“Kookie?”

“Yup, the one and only.” I hear him smile through the line. “I’m sorry I haven’t met up with you or hyung yet, still handling some stuff here. But I promise I’ll come see you tomorrow. How are you guys anyway? When are you moving in here?”

My voice nearly breaks on the phone line, I haven’t seen my twin brother so much ever since he moved away to Seoul University. He’s never really available to talk either, most of the time because he’s always busy with college especially because the major he’s taking is Law. I’ve missed him so much and when I heard that he moved colleges so we can be together I couldn’t help but feel so happy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter