Gifts

Pinky Promise

 

"Eomma! I'm back!" Seohyun shut the front door behind her, hearing nothing in response.
 
Curious, she walked around the rooms of the quiet household until reaching the kitchen, where she could hear the slightest of murmurs from within. She smiled and tried to hold in her laughter. Haha they're wonderful, but really bad at hiding. After having her moment, she walked back quietly and turned around to the direction of the kitchen and slowly pushed open the door, this time with louder footsteps to alert them. 
 
"SURPRISE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEOHYUN!!" Her family and close friends filled the kitchen with their lively voices, cheering Seohyun up even more than before. 
 
"Hehe, thank you everyone! I would have never guessed that all of you would put this together for me," she clasped her hands to her cheeks, then went around the room to hug each guest, starting with her parents. "Thank you so much, eomma and appa." The next hug was for Hyoyeon, then Yoona and her other lunch mates, and a couple other classmates/childhood friends.
 
Each responded to the warm embrace with a birthday gift to Seohyun, who then after went around to greet everyone set the gifts on the main table to open altogether.
 
The first gift from her parents were sets of piano music sheets for her favorite artists; the next was from Hyoyeon, a very tasteful scarf and ring that suited her style. One by one each gift was unwrapped; a Keroro stationary set, pink hair bows, classic literature novels, and a handmade portrait of Seohyun from one of her childhood friends Jinwoon. Every item increased her excitement for the next, for her friends always knew what she loved the most. 
 
"Omo, this is great! I love it all, thank you!!" She praised her guests with immense happiness, "it's getting dark out, we should all eat some cake now so you don't return home too late." Seohyun gestured to already sliced pieces of cake were laid out on plates ready to be devoured. 
 
After everyone finished up eating, farewells were exchanged and the Seo household only held three people once more. 
 
"This was such a wonderful birthday, thank you again for celebrating it with me," she embraced her parents one last time before prepping for bed. 
 
"Oh Joo Hyun-ah, one more thing," her mother took out a small cardboard box and handed it to her, "this was in the mailbox today. It was addressed to you so I figured it was one of your friends or relatives who couldn't make it to your party."
 
"Eheh, thanks eomma. I'll open it after I get ready for bed," she took the package into her hands and started up the stairs to her room before stopping momentarily and asking, "eomma...have I ever spoken to you about making promises to anyone before?"
 
"Hmmm.. None that I recall, dear, why do you ask?"
 
"Oh nothing, just curious. Goodnight! I love you both."
 
"We love you too, Joo Hyun-ah. Sleep well."
 
---
 
Up in her room, Seohyun placed the mystery package on her bed in from of her and began to open it. I wonder who it's from..
 
She found a small jewelry box within the cardboard one, but no card or indication of a sender's name inside the container. Her curiosity peeked into the felt jewelry box, surprising Seohyun as she pulled out a thin silver necklace with a simple, yet elegant butterfly charm attached to it. 
 
Amazing...it's so cute, but looks pricey. I wonder who sent this.. She hung the chain around her neck and connected the silver clasps to hold it up. This might be the most exhausting birthday I've had yet. She thought to herself and slipped under the bed covers, switching the light off for a full night's rest. 
 

A/N

As usual, I couldn't wait until next week OR midnight! Hopefully I'll try to keep this story updated and try to attack the other with a new chapter sometime soon. Very mystery. So admirer. Wow. What is to come??

Winter break is over ;A; Wish everyone who has school tomorrow good luck! We're gonna need it...!