The Music Room

Pinky Promise

A few days had passed with the current school day coming to an end, but not for Seohyun. Thursdays were reserved for the self-discipline club after school. 

"Alright everyone, be sure to finish up your chosen novels by next Thursday! Meeting adjourned!" The club's president dismissed its members, sending off everyone including Seohyun. 

"Aishh," she scolded herself, "I forgot about my textbook in my locker." She immediately took a detour through the school to get to her locker, passing by an unused music room she thought was supposedly empty. That is, until she heard the sweet melody of a piano from within. With her attention captured Seohyun walked slowly to the music room's door and pressed her ear against it. That's definitely the sound of a piano, but who's playing it.. A few deep breaths gave her the courage to open the door and step inside. 

"He-hello? Is anyone in here?" She wasn't one to be superstitious, but she was ready to scream if something popped out at her. 

"There's no one here but us ghosts," a male voice replied with sarcasm, "though I doubt a ghost can play as well as I did just now." A confident ghost, huh? Seohyun walked into the room just enough to be able to catch a glimpse of the mysterious pianist and feel her face being overcome with light warmth. A lean figure slightly taller than Seohyun stood up from the piano bench. His soft black hair covering deep, stern dark eyes. Scratch that. A pretty attractive ghost, if I were anywhere in his league.

"Who are you? I thought nobody used this music room," she regained her composure and stared at the stranger for an answer. 

"Well it seems as though I do now," the tall figure gave a mischievous smirk, "Jung Yonghwa, third year. And this peppy little lady I'm talking to is..?"

"Seo Joo Hyun, you can call me Seohyun. I'm a second year here." She didn't notice the slight sense of recognition that appeared for a moment on Yonghwa's face.

"Seohyun huh...? You looked quieter than you sounded."

"Ha. Funny. I've never seen you around school before Yonghwa-ssi." 

Yonghwa chuckled and ran through his dark hair with his hand, "That's because I transferred here last week. I'm still pretty new so I've been exploring the campus. Found this little hiding place in the process, though it doesn't seem to be a good hiding spot anymore due to a little snoop who discovered me."

Okay, make that an irritating ghost.

"I see.. Ah, what were you playing earlier? It sounded really good." She inched her way closer to Yonghwa, her bright personality overcoming the tinge of annoyance at the sarcastic boy. 

"The song? It's an original I've been working on, it's supposed to be on a guitar rather than on a piano."

Seohyun's amazement seeped through her face, "Uwahh.. Incredible! You must be very talented Yonghwa-ssi," she was about to say something else when the school's clock rang for 5:00 pm. "Omo! I just remembered I still have to retrieve my textbook before heading home!" She stood up and ran towards the door, "I'll..uh...see you tomorrow? Goodbye!" A flushed smile and bow sent Seohyun on her way, leaving Yonghwa to process their meeting by himself in the music room. 

"Joo Hyun...no. Seohyun. That rascal. How do I even act in front of someone like her? Aish...whatever."



A/N

;A; Been away too long because I really didn't feel like writing things, until I got back into kpop. Whoop. Had to reread the chapters I made to get back on track and I hope I make it to the end. Short, but very merghh intro of the choding character lol. Until next time ^__^