Clues... Or a Hint?

Pinky Promise

 

The next morning at school was just as normal as it was before Seohyun's birthday, or so it seemed. Minhyuk was fidgeting in his seat in science every so often, sneaking glances to Seohyun and back to his own desk. 
 
"Hey Seohyun," he whispered, "I have....I have something that I wasn't able to give you the day before." He reached into his pocket for the previous day's jewelry box and held it in his palm. 
 
"Hmm? What is it Minhyuk?" She turned her head, allowing him to see the silver butterfly chain around her neck. His earlier air of nervousness sunk down to a slight disappointment. He released the hold on the velvet jewelry box in his pocket. 
 
"Err...I actually have some of your assignments that were passed back the other day, and I got a few of yours by accident," he began to rummage through his bag, "uhmm...I think I'll just put it in your desk when I find them.." 
 
"Eheh, thanks," Seohyun gave a smile and a thumbs up to her classmate, who in return gave Seohyun a nervous laugh and sat back up in his seat for the rest of the period. 
 
---
 
"HYUUUUNNIE!!" Hyoyeon's unmistakable voice filled the lunch area as she trotted over to their usual table, grabbing Seohyun in a loose headlock, "SO, did you ever find that mystery person yesterday??" Her statement brought the rest of the table near them, also interested in the previous day's event. 
 
"No," a calm response came from Seohyun, "I never found out who he was or where to find him."
 
"EHH!? Oh man. That's too bad. I really wanted to know!" The various reactions went around the table after the calm remark. 
 
Yoona made a suggestion, "do you think you might have missed a clue?"
 
"Yeah! Maybe you didn't look over the clues hard enough, can we see?" This time it was Tiffany, an older student offering her wits. Seohyun agreed to the help and laid out the handful of letters on the table. 
 
Holding up the gold lined envelope she stated, "this was the final clue I found in my locker, but I don't remember any place I could've made a promise with someone I didn't fulfill." Her face had a look of disappointment, motivating the girls even more. 
 
"Hey now! More heads are better than one! Let's get to business!" Hyoyeon began the gathering by placing each letter in the order of appearance by Seohyun's word, "see anything important yet?"
 
"Nope. Nothing except for your big head in the way," retorted Tiffany, she moved Hyoyeon aside to get a better look at the letters. 
 
Yoona flipped the papers to the backs, "Yah! What's this thing on the other side? There's a single hangeul character on some of the letters!"
 
"You're right..! Hyo..sul...shin... Huh? That's it? That doesn't tell us anything!" A pouty Seoyhun landed in her seat in angst, "maybe we ARE missing a clue."
 
"Perhaps. Which means we can't move on forward from where we've come so far to, save it for another time Hyun. Lunch is ending," Yoona motioned for her and the others to pack up as the bell rang for class to start.
 
"Agreed. Maybe I'll run into that clue sooner or later. Bye!" Each girl went off to their respective classrooms, unaware of a tall, hidden figure watching them from an above window and waving an envelope in the air. 
 
"Huh...you're so close Joo Hyun, but it's probably better if we wait a while longer," the husky voice spoke in an amused tone, "it's better if you find me without discovering who I really am first."
 

A/N

School is back on ;A; and I already got a bad grade on a pop quiz. *cries in a corner* I hope it won't damage my creativity for this story because I love it so much ;__; I'm sorry Seohyun.