Episode 4: Hunhan.

Behind the Showtime.

Scene: Exo's Showtime Episode 4  (04.00 – 05.20) & (09.30 – 10.26) & (28.38 onwards)

 

It was a particularly crowded night in Gongcha, the only bubble tea shop in the vicinity, where Oh Sehun was sitting with his favorite drink in hand. It was a honey milk tea with a level of 50% sweetness, additional mini pearls (aka taro balls) and served with a little extra ice; just the way he always liked it. Grinning stupidly from ear-to-ear from the news he received earlier that night, he felt that the only possible way was to obviously celebrate it with his favorite drink.

 

He was just a couple months away from debut, as the agency had told him, and that would mean that he had succeeded to some extent with the vigorous dance and singing practice regiment that SM Entertainment had put him through.

 

He honestly thought it was practically impossible for it to get better with the news in hand but, it did. He had learned that Luhan, his favorite hyung of all time, was going to debut in the same group as himself. Though the concept was something a little more out there (I mean, really, two sub-groups simultaneously promoting? In Korean and Mandarin? Seriously, really?), and that meant he wouldn’t be with his hyung all the time, he still liked the fact that they were still, at least, under the same name.

 

“Hey, is this seat taken?”, a voice had said. Sehun looked up from his drink to find a smiling Luhan who already had a drink in his hand and looking expectantly.

 

In his shock, Sehun stumbled on his words, “Erm, yeah. I mean, no. Yeah. It’s not. I mean… No. It’s not taken.” Sehun blushed a deep red.

 

Luhan simply giggled at his reaction and sat at the empty chair beside Sehun. He was drinking a taro milk tea, judging by the color of the drink and that Sehun knew for a fact that that was his favorite drink, not that Sehun stalked him or anything.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sehun asked confused.

 

“Well, I’ve just got the news today that I was going to debut in this super cool new concept that was going to, supposedly, blow JYP and YG Entertainment’s mind and that also meant that I could perform back in China so I decided to have a little celebration.” Luhan held up his drink and shook it a little proudly. “And yourself?”

 

“Well,” Sehun started, “basically the same thing, I guess. Oh, and also because I’m gonna be debuting in that same group as you. In case you didn’t know…” he began trailing off. Sehun wasn’t sure if it was considered social convention to randomly pull out a For-Your-Information especially when it had to do with their debut. Sehun panicked internally; what if Luhan hadn’t known and him telling Luhan basically meant that he showed his desperate side and the deer doesn’t approve of this desperation and ran away into the beautiful sunlight with more beautiful creatures that are not Sehun?

 

Sehun was brought back to Earth and he felt a palm pressed on his forehead with said palm belonging to Luhan. “Are you ok?” Luhan asked unsure.

 

“I’m sorry, what..?”, Sehun dumbly replied.

 

The Chinese boy crinkled his eyes, “You kinda spaced out and I got worried.” Luhan paused, checking if Sehun was still listening. The small nod coming from the younger confirmed that he was and Luhan continued, “I was saying that I did know and that was why, apart from me wanting bubble tea in general, I came here. Because I knew you’d be here.”

 

Sehun grew even more confused and Luhan spoke up again, “I kinda just wanted to talk to you privately without everyone else being around y’know and here I am.” Luhan nervously smiled.

 

He actually had so much more to say but Sehun spacing out had unnerved him enough for him to lose his train of thought. He took a deep breath, regrouped his thoughts and looked determinedly at Sehun before beginning his long overdue and much needed speech.

 

“Ok, well, also, I wanted to thank you. You’ve always been there during practice to cheer me on, you’ve always been there when I wanted to give up and you were always there when I needed you. So, thank you. I’m really glad that we’re going to debut together and I’m so happy that we’re going to be in the same group. I kinda thought, y’know, this is fate. Like, woah. And errr, I wanted to take this chance to err… I wanted to… I just… Oh Sehun, I like you. I really really like you.”

 

That was a major plot twist in Sehun’s opinion. It would never have occured to Sehun that the person he loved would fall in love with him without him knowing it. He has watched enough dramas to know that that kind of love only happens in the dramas, that’s why they’re called dramas. They were meant to be dramatic with the huge lead up to the confession scene. For Sehun to be experiencing the confession scene personally, however, it was weird but nice.

 

Luhan continued rambling on for a good five minutes, not really looking at Sehun because he was busy attempting to remember everything he wanted to say. Sehun, on the other hand, also for the first time ever, had bigger eyes than Luhan. Was this happening? Did Luhan really just say that he liked Sehun? He felt faint.

 

Sehun stopped thinking and basically reacted based on instinct which, strangely, was to reach over with his hand and cover Luhan’s mouth. Luhan stared at him which wide, questioning eyes. “I… You like me?”, Sehun’s cheeks blushed a shade of red so deep that Luhan almost thought he was going spill blood from his eyes.

 

With Sehun’s hand still covering Luhan’s mouth, his only available response was to slowly nod his head. Sehun broke into a huge grin, “I like you too. I really really like you too.” Sehun made a mental note to take down the current date as the single greatest day of his life.

 

The rest of the night went by in bliss, Luhan spazzing about Sehun liking him and Sehun returning the happiness but in a less-spazzy manner. Eventually it was time for Gongcha to close and Luhan and Sehun made their way back to their respective homes, bidding each other a shy goodbye with their blossoming love still too surreal for them to grasp.

 

About a year and half passed and their awkward love story went on. From saying their goodbyes for the separate promotions, to happy reunions for their promotions as twelve and even a couple of quarrels here and there, Sehun and Luhan braved through them because they knew that as long as they had each other, nothing (especially not distance, to all you long-distance-relationships-never-work-out people) could tear them apart.

 

Which brings them to the current event. Exo had been tasked to go buy gifts of under 10,000 won for a secret Santa segment for Exo’s Showtime and Sehun found himself right in front of the Gongcha that had become his favorite outlet. He reminisced on his favorite day and walked right in.

 

Sehun bought a taro milk tea and his special honey milk tea thinking that fate would be kind enough for Luhan to pick Sehun’s name during the name drawing but luck wasn’t on his side because on the actual filming, it was Baekhyun who had drawn his name.

 

Sehun had a tiny mental breakdown then and handed his gift over to Baekhyun. “You’ll be surprised.”, Sehun had said a little crestfallen but kept his chin up.

 

“WAHHH. Bubble!”, Baekhyun had said. “I’m full!, it’s bubbles and I’m full!”

 

[T/N – Bubble in Korean is “버블” (beo-beul) and full in Korean is “배불”(bae-bul), so Baekhyun was basically making a pun on the words.]

 

“So why did you buy 2 cups?”, Junmyeon had suddenly asked.

 

Sehun began, “Well, it’s my favorite. So I kinda wanted to share it.” He wanted to add a “with Luhan-hyung” but decided against it.

 

The filming went on, having fun with arm wrestling, especially beating Kris and then it was onto wanting to find out who is the most sentimental member in Exo. Sehun was still secretly annoyed that Luhan hadn’t picked his name but let it slide when he got to sit with him throughout the rest of the filming.

 

They were tasked to watch The Miracle in Cell No. 7 and most of the members cried, not Sehun though. He was still too busy being annoyed that Luhan hadn’t picked his name.

 

With the movie over and the filming down, Exo got the chance to head back to the dorms a little earlier than expected which was a great relief to most of the members considering that they were all a little too tired to be doing anymore filming. So when all the members reached the dorm, they basically walked straight into their respective rooms to catch up on their sleep.

 

Sehun, however, was still unable to let the whole Luhan-hadn’t-picked-my-name thing go and just sat in front of the tv and staring at the off screen. Luhan noticed his strange behavior and went to sit next to him, snaking an arm around Sehun’s waist before resting his chin on Sehun’s strong shoulder.

 

“Is something bothering you?”, Luhan asked a little sleepy.

 

“I’m upset over something stupid.”, Sehun replied simply.

 

Luhan gave a small nod over Sehun’s shoulder, “Please tell me it’s not about the bubble tea.”

 

Sehun turned his head in Luhan’s direction, a little dumbfounded, “Err, yes?” How’d he figure it out?

 

Luhan let out a knowing sigh. “You’re so predictable. And you’re so cute.”, Luhan smiled before continuing, “You probably thought that I would be lucky enough to pick your name and we could share bubble tea on camera, didn’t you?”

 

“How is it that you always know everything I think?”, Sehun asked utterly impressed.

 

Luhan began chuckling a little, “You bought our favorite flavors. We’ve been dating for about 2 years now and you think I can’t see what you think when you buy our favorite drinks?”

 

A shy smile formed on Sehun’s lips, “I really must be more stupid than I thought.”

 

“Yes you are.”, Luhan confirmed, “How about we go to Gongcha now?”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened and quickly nodded. Luhan returned him with a wide smile before giving Sehun a light kiss. “You really are cute when you’re stupid.”

 

With that, they hurriedly grabbed their pull overs, scarves and various other items that help them keep warm and conceal their identities from the fans. They rushed out the door and managed to grab a taxi.

 

On the ride over, with Luhan’s hands intertwined with Sehun’s, it got Sehun thinking about how amazing Luhan was. He caught of all of Sehun’s thoughts just by looking at the gift. Luhan truly was a miracle in Sehun’s life and he could never be thankful enough to have Luhan in his life.

 

Sehun knew, then and there, that as long as Luhan was in his life, life was going to be amazing. He gave Luhan a loving kiss and Luhan kissed him back.

 

Yeap, life is definitely going to be amazing for Sehun.

 

Author's note: What's up everyone! I know it took me 2 weeks but here's the third installment to Behind the Showtime with a little Hunhan! I hope you guys like it because I honestly tried my best for this one. What with school projects, person problems and stuff.

 

I wanna thank all of you guys for your continuous support. I was honestly aiming for like 50 subscribers and I would've been happy. But 77 subscribers!? Woah, that honestly made me really happy. When I get to 200 subscribers, I'm going to be doing a little something to thank you guys, so if you wanna know what that something is, do spread the word about this fic and help get more subscribers!

 

Do leave comments, add me as a friend and all that stuff. If you guys would like to know a little more about me, go ahead and ask me questions! I'm a really friendly person and I wanna meet more new people. ^^

 

Once again, a huge thank you to everyone who waited and I hope to be putting out the next one before this coming Friday. <3

 

P/s - Go watch Miracle in Cell No. 7 if ya'll have 2 hours to spare. I was watching it in my school and I basically bawled in front of a ton of people. Literally, bawled! If you want to have your emotions triggered, that's the movie for you! Kekeke.