Episode 1: Xiuhan.

Behind the Showtime.

Scene: Exo's Showtime Episode 1 (11.43 – 11.53) & (12.57 – 13.08)

 

“I love you.”

 

“Yeah, I love you too.”

 

Luhan had always been a sap while Minseok just loved solid honesty. It’s pretty funny how they got together actually. It all happened one night in China when the K and M members were still separately promoting.

 

It had been an extremely thundery night and Luhan awoke to a dark and empty room. Yixing must’ve gone out to stare at the rain again from the living room window. Luhan never got that about Yixing. He never seemed to be aware of anything yet he always got so awake during storms. Yixing once mentioned that the falling rain had a calming effect on him, with the stronger the pattering, the better. Luhan, actually, had no problems with the rain, it was the thunder he had an issue with.

 

He crept out of his room, went into auto pilot and found himself outside Minseok’s room. He quietly opened the door and peeked inwards to see Minseok’s back facing him and to find that Tao’s bed had already been emptied, presumably the same reason Luhan was in Minseok’s room right now. That kid was probably in Kris’ and Jongdae’s room making a huge fuss about the loud sounds coming from the sky.

 

As Luhan crept into the room, Minseok shifted in his bed, making space behind him, and a voice came in his direction, “Hurry up and come here already, Tao woke me up and I just wanna sleep.” said a very sleepy Minseok.  Luhan giggled and rushed towards the bed before plopping down on it and covering himself with half of Minseok’s blanket.

 

“How’d you know it was me?” Luhan had asked once he became comfortable.

 

“Who else would it be? You always slept with me when there are thunder storms in Korea, why would China be any different?” came the reply.

 

Minseok turned around, now facing Luhan with his eyes still closed, and placed an arm and a leg protectively over him. Luhan took a minute to appreciate the position they were in, even though the room was only lighted by the moon above the dark clouds of a stormy night, Minseok’s soft features still radiated. He sighed in content and Minseok open one of his eyes to look at him.

 

“What is it?”, Minseok questioned.

 

“Nothing. I just think you’re really handsome.”, Luhan casually replied and smiled at him with his eyes crinkling at the corners.

 

That woke Minseok up, “Really now? I thought you always thought Sehun was handsome.”

 

Luhan giggled, “Yeah, he is. But you’re another kind of handsome. You’re just like… Minseok-styled handsome.” Luhan paused and looked deep in thought before continuing, “To me, you’re the best looking.”

 

Minseok blushed and lightly chuckled, “Well, you’re very Luhan-styled handsome too.” Luhan frowned at how cheesy his own words had sounded when used on him and before he could say something, Minseok started talking again, “I like your face the best too. And, I think you’re very cute.”

 

Luhan stared at Minseok as he said those words to him before slowly leaning towards him and placing a very gentle peck on his cheek. It was a very innocent kiss, the kind that 6 year olds share whenever they get too happy.

 

“I love you.” Luhan shyly said.

 

Minseok smiled, “Yeah, I love you too.”

 

They looked into each other eyes and simply smiled. They stayed that way until they both fell asleep. Luhan completely forgetting the storm outside and only thinking of Minseok saying that he loved him too. That was how they began.

 

Now, here they were, about a year and half later filming the first episode of Exo’s Showtime when the question came.

 

“Who was the most handsome member in Exo’s opinion?”

 

Before Luhan could give his answer, he looked around and his eyes landed on Minseok’s face. He thought about that one night and gave a knowing nod and wondered if Minseok remembered that one night in the dorm in China.

 

“Xiumin.”

 

Minseok made an excited sound and smiled to himself. Finally, it got to his turn and he looked at an expectant Luhan and answered without a second thought, “Lu ge!”.

 

Luhan smiled because he knew that Minseok remembered. He knew it because of the look in Minseok’s eyes, as he said his favorite nickname. It was the exact same look they shared while looking at each other that one thundery night.

 

Minseok smiled, too, because there would be nothing he would change whenever it involved Luhan. No matter what, he would always look the most handsome.

 

To Luhan, Minseok was the answer and to Minseok, it was always and always will be Luhan.   

 

Author's note: Hey guys! This is the first installment of Before The Showtime and was based off the part when Xiuhan chose each other for the "Most Handsome" member picking. I hope you guys liked it. Again, if you guys have any scenes you guys would like to have a backstory to or a future story to, feel free to suggest it in the comments. Next up, I have a Kaisoo and Sulay scene coming up!