Kaisoo Drabble (Not an actual update)

Behind the Showtime.

 

photo ScreenShot2014-08-05at23131am_zps2a181994.png

 

Kyungsoo's timer was currently at the 02h 42m 18s mark and he realizes that he’d finally meet his soulmate after the final bell rings, presumably on his way back home. He heaved a contended sigh. Having seen his timer tick away for the past 21 or so years of his life has been an intense chore but, having believed in just rewards, he knows that once the final bell rings and he goes on his way, it will all be worth it. 

Fast forward two hours and thirty minutes later, he leaves his school campus and begins to head in the general direction of his home. Thoughts on how his soul mate looked like began to flood his mind; “Was she beautiful?”, “Was it a she to begin with?”, “If it’s a he, was he kind and caring?”, he took another glance at his timer and saw the timer hit the 8 minute mark. His heart raced and his mind began wondering of the happy life that awaited him. His patience wore thin and he simply began to feel excited. 

As he reached the road junction leading to his apartment, he heard a loud crash. He turned his head only to see a crowd forming around a car that had ran a red light and crashed into a lamp post. Caught up in the situation, he ran up towards the scene of the accident and squeezed his way through to see the damage that had occurred. What he saw though, was something beyond his imagination. He saw that the car had hit a man in his early twenties and his body’s position allowed him to have a clear look at the victim’s timer. He saw that the victim’s timer was at the 2 second mark and when he looked up at the man’s tan face, he realized that he had had his eyes on him. He looked at his own timer and realized that his had also hit zero. Kyungsoo broke into tears understanding the impact of this accident on him as the broken dark-skinned man on the floor gave a weak smile and said, “At least, I got to see your face,” before heaving his final breath. 

 

NOTE: NOT AN ACTUAL UPDATE, JUST SOMETHING I CAME UP WITH (A TON OF ANGST) WHEN I SAW THIS PROMPT ON TUMBLR (http://illness-and-instruments.tumblr.com/post/3139087743/timer-2009-if-a-clock-could-count-down-to-the). 

(I mean, this drabble is, like, under 400 words)

KINDA SOMETHING I HOPE COULD TIDE YOU GUYS OVER WHILE I'M STILL WORKING ON KAISOO AND HUNHAN UPDATES. I'M REALLY SORRY! I'VE BEEN RIDICULOUSLY BUSY.