Chapter 4

Saving a Princess 101

“So let me get this straight – you want my father to teach you about sword fighting right? So that you can find your princess, right?” Luhan clarified. Sehun nodded and Luhan sink back on the sofa. Only the two of them were left on the living room while the others were on the kitchen, having the time of their lives with the first princesses cooking.

"So what about it? May I speak with your father?" Luhan bit her lip. This is going to be a problem...

"Uhhh... Your highness-"

"Please, just Sehun."

"Sehun, here's the thing - I'm afraid my father can't teach you," Sehun blinked, before his face morphed into one with pure horror.

"Is-is he dead?" Luhan's face took on an alarmed one and she frantically shook her head.

"No, no, no that's not it! He's away in a trip right now and wouldn't be back until next year." Sehun let out a sigh of relief before he got depressed again.

"A year?" he was answered with Luhan's apologetic smile.

"So how is it? When are going to start training?" Sungjong, who just came out of the kitchen, asked as he sat himself beside Sehun on the couch. Sehun sighed one again before closing his eyes jn resignation.

"Never, the sword master is away on a trip and wouldn't be back until next year." Sungjong flinched, that would be bad.

"You know I can always teach you right?" Sungjong offered. Sehun gave him a thankful smile but shook his head no.

"Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't want to bother you - besides, knowing you you'd try making my training as hard as possible so, no thanks." Sungjong let out a shrill laugh before he nodded and pat Sehun's shoulders.

"If you'd like," Luhan spoke, attracting both man's attention "I can teach you in my father's stead." she offered. Sehun and Sungjong blinked at her before looking back on each other, uncertainty clear on their eyes.

"You? But aren't you a-"

"Got a problem with that?" Luhan challenged. Both man gulped, the earlier memory of the woman having defeated the group of bandits flashed before their eyes.

"No, but I wouldn't want to bother you also." Sehun replied. Luhan laughed in reply, a sweet melody that was a tad too sweet to belong from someone like Luhan.

"It’s no bother really; it'll actually be fu-"

"FIRE!" a shout cut Luhan off and all three of them turned their heads towards the kitchen, where a black smoke was coming out and Xuimin was running around screaming bloody murder, Jongin was clinging tightly at Hoya and Hoya was frantically looking around the kitchen, trying to look for some emergency exit.

"I have a feeling we are supposed to go out of the house now." Sungjong spoke, and none of them wasted time.

Under three minutes flat, all the inhabitants of the house were all outside. Horror-stricken faces staring blankly at the burning place.

"Oh my God. What am I supposed to do now? Father is going to kill me once he finds out about this!" a panicky Luhan walked back and forth in front of the burning house. Xuimin stepped out of her place and wrapped her arms around the panicky woman.

“Shhh… its okay Luhan, everything would be fine. I’ll see to it everything will be restored before Uncle return okay?” Xuimin promised and Luhan wiped off the tears that flowed in her face.

“You promise?” she croaked, and the first princess nodded. The sword woman let out a sigh of relief before the look of worry was once again back on her face.

“B-but where would I stay? And I don’t have anything with me, everything was burned with the fire… who started it anyway?” the doe-eyed woman asked, staring at everyone before his eyes landed on a cowering Jongin hiding behind his servant.

“YOU” the woman growled and ran for Jongin. The third prince let out an unmanly squeak and left Hoya’s back, running for his life and transferred to Sehun’s back.

“It was an accident I swear! I didn’t mean to do it!” Jongin defended, letting himself be wrapped around Howon’s arms as he stared with horror at Luhan’s struggling form, she was being held back by both Sehun and Sungjong.

“Luhan,” the fourth prince said. When the woman didn’t listen to him and continued to glare at his brother he tried once again. When nothing still happened, he lost his patience and harshly grabbed Luhan’s shoulders and turned the woman’s body to face him.

“LUHAN STOP IT!” the woman blinked at him. When Sehun felt the sword woman relaxing on his hold, he lessened the pressure on his hands and spoke softly. “Whatever my brother did, I’m saying sorry in his stead. Don’t worry, I’ll personally see to it everything will be returned to the way it was.” He assured. Luhan nodded and looked back down on the ground, seemingly getting embarrassed now for her earlier actions.

“How about this,” Sehun continued – his hands now on Luhan’s messy hair and trying to fix it to the best of his capabilities. “I’ll accept your offer, you can teach me sword fighting and in exchange I’ll provide you with everything you might need. Sounds fair no?”

Luhan stared back at him and but her lip.

“Does this mean I’ll be living in the castle from now on…?”  Sehun stared at her funnily before laughing.

“I’m sorry but that is not happening. We’d rather die than go back there.” It was Jongin who answered, still being hugged and protected by Hoya who was being cautions – who knows what that woman could do.

Seeing Luhan’s confused face, Sehun decided to stop talking in circles and get on with it.

“You won’t be staying in the castle since we will be going on an adventure.”

“Adventure?” she was still confused and Sehun sighed one last time before nodding.

“Yes, an adventure to look for my princess.”


A/N: I was supposed to post this way, way before but a lot of things got and the way plus I’m on a trip to the mountains right now and we all know how hard it is to look for a signal amidst all these mountains and trees so yeah…

Hope you enjoyed this (even thought it a bit of a bland) and don’t forget to comment! It’s like my endorphin and what motivates me to write *^^*