Chapter 1

Saving a Princess 101

“Don’t leave me Sehun-ah!” A voice shouted in the distance as Sehun and his trusted Servant rode towards the massive gates of EXO Castle. Sehun rolled his eyes at the familiar voice and nudged his horse faster.

“Yah you ungrateful brat! I said don’t leave me!” Sehun let out a loud ‘tsk’ when he saw his older brother standing on the way with his servant behind him. He begrudgingly reined his horse to a stop when it was already obvious his brother won’t let him go soon.

“What do you want hyung? Sungjong and I need to leave now before Umma changes her mind and orders us to return.” It took Sehun almost a week to convince Queen Suho to agree, and he was not about to let all of his hard work to waste because of his whining hyung.

Jongin pouted before muttering under his breath about ‘Disrespectful Brats’ and ‘Ungrateful little s’ before he motioned to his servant Hoya, who stepped forward holding two horses. “I’m coming with you.” Jongin stated with finality. This time Sehun didn’t even bother hiding his irritation and grunted before smirking.

“Come on hyung, you wouldn’t survive a day out there.” It was Jongin’s turn to smirk as he let out an amused laugh and he proceeded to climb p his horse – Hoya doing the same thing.

“Please, at least I know how to use a sword or any weapon at that. Out of the two of use, your most likely the one who wouldn’t survive.” How could Sehun forget that fact? Out of the four brothers, Jongin was the weapon master. He could use anything – and Sehun meant anything, even the straw he uses for drinking – as a killing tool. Their mother always praised him because of that, saying he was just like their father.

Speaking of their father, Sehun hadn’t officially met the dude yet – only the big painting of him and their mother on the throne room. Their father left for unknown reasons when Suho was still pregnant with Sehun, and as much as he wants to hate him – he can’t. Because he has heard nothing but how of a great father he is – especially from Prince Chanyeol who was apparently their father’s favorite – and their father was even the one who taught the first three princes sword fighting. And Sehun might not admit it, but the reason why all this time he has refused any training was because he was secretly hoping his father would be the one to do it himself.

Other than those facts, the only thing that Sehun knows about his father is that his name is Kris.

Sehun groaned out loud as he finally let out the spoiled brat inside him and flailed atop his horse. “Hyung!” Sehun whined, glaring icily at Jongin who only looked at him in amusement. “Why do you even want to come?” at the corner of his eye, Sehun could see Jongin pale a little before shuddering.

“Because of them.” Jongin said in grave tone that had Sehun halting in his actions and stare at him in horror.

“… Them? W-what happened?” The maids had always been interested in the four princes and never failed in trying to seduce them.  Although it started to stop after Prince Chen married, it started again and actually had gotten worst after the Second Prince’s wedding.  Jongin gulped loudly before looking at Sehun with scared eyes.

“Last night one of them ‘accidentally’ entered my bath when I was in the middle of washing. To make it worst, my breakfast this morning had aphrodisiac as an extra ingredient.” Sehun shuddered at what his brother said and pray it would never happen to him. Seems like the maids have really gotten desperate and is willing to do anything just to get one of the princes.

It was for the best when he decided to leave for the castle.

Sehun looked at his brother in sympathy. “Fine, I’ll let you come.” Jongin cheered in victory and high-fived Hoya.

“You’ll definitely regret this in the future, your highness.” His servant – Sungjong – commented as he inspected his perfectly painted pink nails in boredom. Sehun looked back at him and only closed his eyes in resignation.

Oh, he didn’t know how right his servant was.


A/N: Sorry for this very late update, had to focus on my midterms… and I have no excuse for this crappy chapter.